Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

To All H-T members Please read, extended warranty 97-99 Ek's

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2008, 03:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default To All H-T members Please read, extended warranty 97-99 Ek's

Ok, well i want to relay this info on to this site, because i don't know how many people know about it, but there is a extension on all 97-99 honda's emission's system, Stats

--- Good on all 97-99 Honda vehicles.
--- Good for 14 years and up to 150 thousand miles
--- if you qualify you will receive a free tune-up including everything, plugs cap, rotor with all OEM materials.
--- Free oil Change
--- they will check your emission system even if the check engine light is not on, but it helps if it is, if you get a bad o2 or cat, they will replace everything for free
--- qualification can be compromised if you have a salvage title so please call this number which is corp HONDA OF AMERICA

1800-999-1009

Give them your vin and ask them if you qualify for the extended warranty, and if you do ask about a recall on floor mats as well, the stock floor mats seem to slip under the petal, so they replace them, i have had it happen to me a few times and it was very dangerous, but it was under the clutch not the gas as they state.

--- If you qualify call your local dealer and set up a appointment
(HERE COMES THE TRICKY PART)
Most of the dealers around my way in NY had no idea I was talking about, after about two hours of arguing and getting of the phone with corp i spoke to a manager (you should just ask for the service manager right away) because he knew exactly what i was talking about, DOnt allow them to jerk you, and let them tell you that you do not qualify if corp says you do, then you do, i really got nasty with the crap *** tech's that were there that day, because they just had no idea what i was talking about.

Anywho, my car is going to get a free tune up, when the parts come in and my floor mats are in already, i have to go pick her up after work, so i will update this, please do not let something like this get away, for the people that still have stock engines and need new o2's and a cat please call the number and do the few mins of work to get over 500 dollars in oem parts for free

I did not get new 02 sensors because my did not have any CEL, but i am good for another 15 k and if it does come on i will bring it back and see what happens.

Please for the people that know about this don't start flooding the site, with oh mang i knew about that, i searched and found nothing on it so i thought i would share, if you have any questions pm me.
Old 01-11-2008, 03:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i read about this a while ago, does it really work? can you go more in dept. with the whole salvage title issue?
Old 01-11-2008, 03:39 PM

pm me for details
Old 01-11-2008, 03:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (Historyg)

my 1997 DX threw an engine light. took it into my local honda dealer and they checked it out, replaced the cat with a brand new one + replaced my header with a brand new one as well all for free.

no more check engine light FTW!

the car had 145K at the time. if it was to hit 150k, i would have been out of luck.
Old 01-11-2008, 03:45 PM

great to hear, I just want to get the message out to the rest of the community, it will help lower emissions and help you save gas at the same time, also you get to get over on the dealership for once in your life
Old 01-11-2008, 03:51 PM

It's funny that someone posted this up because I just heard about this in class and was wondering if anyone could confirm it. Mine's a 1996, but I think it can slide. My exhaust manifold seems to have a leak. Wow...this is probably the best thing that's happened to me all week .
Old 01-11-2008, 03:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Chopstikz)

Damn, if only i still had my d16...and my stock cluster to prove I'm under 150.
Old 01-11-2008, 04:05 PM

Default Re: To All H-T members Please read, extended warranty 97-99 Ek's (Historyg)

So my 00 si doesn't qualify?
Old 01-11-2008, 04:11 PM

no, but you can call them ne ways see what happens, it wont hurt
Old 01-11-2008, 04:17 PM

I will, it would suck if I couldn't get the extended warranty since my car is the exact same as the 99.
Old 01-11-2008, 04:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Chopstikz)

I'm a Honda technician, and I can give you the actual details on what he is talking about.

This update actually came out in March, 2003, and is by no means new.

It applies to 1995 Accord V6's, and all 1996 and 1997 models EXCEPT Passport.

Honda extended the emissions warranty on all affected vehicles to 14 years or 150,000 miles, whichever comes first.

In order to file a claim under this extension, it must meet one of the following criteria:
1. The MIL(CEL) comes on and is traced to an emissions-related component.
2. The vehicle requires an emissions related repair because it failed an emissions test.
3. Any emissions-related component fails.

In addition, the following services are also provided:

Between 50,000 and 75,000 miles, an OBD inspection to include reading DTC's and replacing emissions components that have failed.

Between 75,000 and 150,000 miles, OBD inspection and replacement of failed emissions parts, replacement of the distributor cap, rotor, ignition wires, and spark plugs. Oil change and filter. These parts and services are provided under the warranty extension.

If you inspect your VIN number stamped on the firewall, and you have a dot punched below the first or second digits, then this service has already been performed on your vehicle. That's for those of you who have bought your vehicles used and don't know the complete history.

NOTE: This service isn't going to get you free parts. It is only intended to replace parts that have failed and are related to emissions!

NOTE 2: If you have aftermarket performance parts on your Honda, you can just about forget getting this service. No service manager is going to warranty parts on a modified vehicle considering the aftermarket parts could have contributed to the failure.

So, basically if you have one of the vehicles affected by this extension, and you're under 150,000 miles, all you have to do is goto your dealership, request an Emissions Extension OBD system inspection. If they give you any trouble or don't know what you are talking about, tell them it's TSB 98-081.

There you go. These are the -facts-. Not second-hand information or google search crap. This is straight from Honda.

Hope that helps.

Old 01-11-2008, 04:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: To All H-T members Please read, extended warranty 97-99 Ek's (mtownek9)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mtownek9 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">So my 00 si doesn't qualify?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yes it doesn't.

Or... err.. no it doesn't.

Heh... You aren't under the extension. There. LOL...

Old 01-11-2008, 04:37 PM

I'm a Honda technician, and I can give you the actual details on what he is talking about.

This update actually came out in March, 2003, and is by no means new.

It applies to 1995 Accord V6's, and all 1996 and 1997 models EXCEPT Passport.

Honda extended the emissions warranty on all affected vehicles to 14 years or 150,000 miles, whichever comes first.

In order to file a claim under this extension, it must meet one of the following criteria:
1. The MIL(CEL) comes on and is traced to an emissions-related component.
2. The vehicle requires an emissions related repair because it failed an emissions test.
3. Any emissions-related component fails.

In addition, the following services are also provided:

Between 50,000 and 75,000 miles, an OBD inspection to include reading DTC's and replacing emissions components that have failed.

Between 75,000 and 150,000 miles, OBD inspection and replacement of failed emissions parts, replacement of the distributor cap, rotor, ignition wires, and spark plugs. Oil change and filter. These parts and services are provided under the warranty extension.

If you inspect your VIN number stamped on the firewall, and you have a dot punched below the first or second digits, then this service has already been performed on your vehicle. That's for those of you who have bought your vehicles used and don't know the complete history.

NOTE: This service isn't going to get you free parts. It is only intended to replace parts that have failed and are related to emissions!

NOTE 2: If you have aftermarket performance parts on your Honda, you can just about forget getting this service. No service manager is going to warranty parts on a modified vehicle considering the aftermarket parts could have contributed to the failure.

So, basically if you have one of the vehicles affected by this extension, and you're under 150,000 miles, all you have to do is goto your dealership, request an Emissions Extension OBD system inspection. If they give you any trouble or don't know what you are talking about, tell them it's TSB 98-081.

There you go. These are the -facts-. Not second-hand information or google search crap. This is straight from Honda.

Hope that helps.

Quoted by Dramier

wow your a douche, it was not googled searched first off, i did my own research and,
called honda corp, which had the info straight hand, everything i said is everything you stated, with some different sides, instead of just helping out and correcting the errors, you decided to show how big you really are, thank you for shitting on me while i tried to do something nice for this site, honda-tech is by far the place to go to get pissed off. and why is it i have after market performance parts on my car and i still got everything done, even with a salvage title, whatever your dealer does, might not apply to other dealerships, and if you plan on coming up with some crap that you want to shoot out of you mouth please dont, because I just dont care about what you have to say.
Old 01-11-2008, 04:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Historyg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
wow your a douche, it was not googled searched first off, i did my own research and,
called honda corp, which had the info straight hand, everything i said is everything you stated, with some different sides, instead of just helping out and correcting the errors, you decided to show how big you really are, thank you for shitting on me while i tried to do something nice for this site, honda-tech is by far the place to go to get pissed off. and why is it i have after market performance parts on my car and i still got everything done, even with a salvage title, whatever your dealer does, might not apply to other dealerships, and if you plan on coming up with some crap that you want to shoot out of you mouth please dont, because I just dont care about what you have to say. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Ok. I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt here.

First, it was previously posted in this thread that somebody wanted confirmation. Hence why I said I'm an HT and can give actual details. Not second-hand hearsay but facts. So there's no confusion about where I get my information.

Second, I corrected your errors, but I didn't point them out or say dick about them in the thread. So I don't know where you were "shitted on".

Third, I never said you google searched anything or said anything bad about what you posted whatsoever. Not once anywhere.

Also, on Honda Tech, alot of people don't read or ask redundant questions, so you state things that are important several times. Hence why the end of my post states it's not second-hand hearsay, google-searched crap or anything else. It is straight from a Honda TSB. That's so people know it's legitimate and real.

Now, with that out of the way. Tell me again how you were "shitted on" and point out where the "crap" is "shooting out of my mouth"?

What the expletive is your problem?

Old 01-11-2008, 04:54 PM

I don't have a problem, maybe i read it wrong, but the way that it came off was insulting, i did a lot of research, since i am not a "certified Technician", and then you come and say that its second-hand information, i got mad and didn't think. I never had a argument with another member, because i try to keep my self, from saying anything at all because this happens, I thank you for verifying it since your are a Technician, and maybe i just am having a bad day, Please forgive me for jumping to conclusion
Old 01-11-2008, 05:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Historyg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I don't have a problem, maybe i read it wrong, but the way that it came off was insulting, i did a lot of research, since i am not a "certified Technician", and then you come and say that its second-hand information, i got mad and didn't think. I never had a argument with another member, because i try to keep my self, from saying anything at all because this happens, I thank you for verifying it since your are a Technician, and maybe i just am having a bad day, Please forgive me for jumping to conclusion </TD></TR></TABLE>

No problem at all. I'm guilty of getting pissed over nothing myself on here so I fully understand. If what I said came off the wrong way at all, I apologize to you because I had no intention of undermining you or insulting you. Just trying to backup what you posted and provide more details if I could.

For what it's worth, I can almost guarantee you that your average HT'r who has done a motor swap knows more about Honda's than your average Honda Technician. Not saying that to insult either group, but I've just noticed it's true. I know some Honda techs that can find a bump or rattle or diagnose a DTC in minutes, but put a hatch with a B18 in front of them and they just stand there and scratch their head.

Since alot of the folks in this forum are in here to get help, it usually means they are learning themselves and aren't "experts". So things that would be obvious to you and I, like asking about a recall, may not be so clear for them. So the more details and information they have, the better they are able to apply what you tell them. I mean hell, technically just by being on here trying to help people I'm costing myself money. But the way I look at it is if I have the knowledge that might help somebody, I owe it to them to try. Many times I have had people on here and off the forums help me. That's what it's all about right there.

Go have a and relax. It's all good here.
Old 01-11-2008, 05:15 PM

Default Re: To All H-T members Please read, extended warranty 97-99 Ek's (Historyg)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Dramier &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

No problem at all. I'm guilty of getting pissed over nothing myself on here so I fully understand. If what I said came off the wrong way at all, I apologize to you because I had no intention of undermining you or insulting you. Just trying to backup what you posted and provide more details if I could.

For what it's worth, I can almost guarantee you that your average HT'r who has done a motor swap knows more about Honda's than your average Honda Technician. Not saying that to insult either group, but I've just noticed it's true. I know some Honda techs that can find a bump or rattle or diagnose a DTC in minutes, but put a hatch with a B18 in front of them and they just stand there and scratch their head.

Since alot of the folks in this forum are in here to get help, it usually means they are learning themselves and aren't "experts". So things that would be obvious to you and I, like asking about a recall, may not be so clear for them. So the more details and information they have, the better they are able to apply what you tell them. I mean hell, technically just by being on here trying to help people I'm costing myself money. But the way I look at it is if I have the knowledge that might help somebody, I owe it to them to try. Many times I have had people on here and off the forums help me. That's what it's all about right there.

Go have a and relax. It's all good here. </TD></TR></TABLE>
your are 100% right, most people probably don't know what a recall even is, but i just wanted to try and help some people that keep there cars stock, I do think i was not clear with what i wrote, that my fault, i suddenly have a fever for no reason known, and my brain is pounding me, so i didn't do the best in typing that out, thanks for being so helpful and i do agree with you, on all aspects above sorry again, will be the first thing i will get after work, even though i shouldn't since i am sick, but who cares,
Old 01-11-2008, 05:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Great info from both of you guys and wow H-T became alot nicer in 08 so friendly it scares me
Old 01-11-2008, 05:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: To All H-T members Please read, extended warranty 97-99 Ek's (FastLife617)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by FastLife617 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Great info from both of you guys and wow H-T became alot nicer in 08 so friendly it scares me </TD></TR></TABLE>

Shut the expletive up and get back in your hole you little ****** before I sandblast the hairs off your *** and make you sit in salt.

Yotch.

Old 01-11-2008, 05:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: To All H-T members Please read, extended warranty 97-99 Ek's (Dramier)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Dramier &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Shut the expletive up and get back in your hole you little ****** before I sandblast the hairs off your *** and make you sit in salt.

Yotch.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

ohh ok now thats more like H-T lol
Old 01-11-2008, 05:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: To All H-T members Please read, extended warranty 97-99 Ek's (FastLife617)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by FastLife617 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

ohh ok now thats more like H-T lol </TD></TR></TABLE>

I live to serve.

Old 01-11-2008, 05:51 PM

i had to laugh at that
Old 01-11-2008, 08:26 PM
* B A N N E D *

you dudes need to stop flirting with eachother.

Old 01-11-2008, 08:53 PM
H-T White Ops

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Btw, the floormats deal has been going on for awhile too. If you have stock floormats they will install the hook for free.

BE WARNED THOUGH! Make sure they don't do what they did to me. I want my entire carpetting replaced because instead of one cut, they cut mine in two places. Now I have a big square hole in my carpet at the back of my driver's floormat and I can't do anything about it but wait to buy a new OEM dark gray carpet. (What can I say, I'm picky as ****.)
Old 01-11-2008, 09:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: (NOFX)

So 98 and 99 civics are not covered?

Quick Reply: To All H-T members Please read, extended warranty 97-99 Ek's