Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

alignment issue maybe...

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2005, 04:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default alignment issue maybe...

well i was driving on some stock 14's off of a del sol the b16 model. and blew a tire got 4 cheap *** tires from walmart went to have them aligned. they said they did as good as they could do but the tires are all to shitty really to align perfectly. it pulled to the right. i just recently bought some 16' buddy club rims. slapped falken ziex 512 on them had them algined and now it pulls to the left they are directional tires i have them on there right. i did lower before having them aligned. i only lowered it 1.75 front and rear. could i have screwed up a steering component after driving on it for like half a year with it pulling to one side???

next week im replacing the lower ball joints and putting camber kits on it. if i align it after that will it fix it?? is my steering loose???while im driving i have to hold the steering wheel at like a 10 oclock angle.
Old 11-14-2005, 04:24 PM

Default Re: alignment issue maybe... (sohctodohc)

The camber kit will definately save your tires. Check your psi, if one side is off from the other this cause a pull.
As far as the direction question, just check your tires they will be marked.
Who did your alignment?
Old 11-14-2005, 05:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Check your alignment specs next time you have it aligned. They should provide one for you upon receipt of your car. A toe misalignment "might" also cause the pull your describing. For daily driving, it should be close to 0.

Read this and inspect your own tires. That will tell you what is misaligned...

http://www.familycar.com/alignment.htm
Old 11-15-2005, 02:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: alignment issue maybe... (Bcuz)

psi is all the same by 1 or so. als tire mart did my alignment. pretty reputable round here. i dont know how to explain it. all i know is to drive straight i have to have the h in the steering wheel cocked towards the tach in the ex cluster its pretty shitty
Old 11-15-2005, 05:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

they prolly didn't center the steering wheel after they did the caster sweep....This is why you have to have the wheeel crooked in order to go straight......to check for tire pull just swap front tires and if it pulls to the opposite side its a tire pull.
If you didn't alter your height or car in anyway, i would bring it back and see if the gave u some sort of warranty.
Old 11-15-2005, 06:00 AM
bjr

Default Re: alignment issue maybe... (Slamaccord)

Does it actually pull if you let go of the steering wheel, or is the steering wheel not straight when going down a straight road? Two different problems. If it goes straight when you let go of the wheel but the wheel is not pointing straight ahead, they did not set the steering wheel straight when they did the alignment. Take it back and have them fix it. If it pulls to one side when you let go of the wheel try swapping the front tires from side to side, if it pulls the other direction after the tire swap you have a bad tire.
Old 11-15-2005, 06:17 AM
.Ry
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: alignment issue maybe... (Slamaccord)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Slamaccord &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">they prolly didn't center the steering wheel after they did the caster sweep....This is why you have to have the wheeel crooked in order to go straight......to check for tire pull just swap front tires and if it pulls to the opposite side its a tire pull.
If you didn't alter your height or car in anyway, i would bring it back and see if the gave u some sort of warranty. </TD></TR></TABLE> Nice job man. He is very right, they prly didnt set the wheel straight, which will always throw the readings off. I have several falkens at Sears and have never seen a tire pull, but it doesnt mean it hasnt happened. What I would do is take it to Sears and have their techs align it. Watch them set the steering wheel straight. They will show you before and after readings. If they dont find anything with the alignment they wont charge you for it. Also have them cross rotate the front just in case. Tell em a freind who works at a sears auto center sent you.
Old 11-15-2005, 07:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: alignment issue maybe... (turner7205)

our sears is itty bitty in this town i dont think they do alignments here. i think that is the problem i dont think they set the steering wheel straight. ill have to ask them bout that