Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

alignment gone bad?

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2007, 10:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default alignment gone bad?

what sup honda-tekkers,

been awhile haven't gone on here and i know i can count on you auto wizards.
got a problem here, i dropped my hb back in sept. 2006 and never got an alignment done till now. car was driving fine and everything no swerve to the left or right steering wheel was straight. soo as many of you recommend to always get an alignment done after lowering your car i decided to do so after 4 months and front tires are looking eat up a lil bit. did a lil bit of search on alignment shops in san diego decided to go with TRULINE shop, went there last week wasn't too busy the wait was 45 mins. this one dude was working on my car; for me, i don't really like to stare at the people working on my car i would just look for a lil bit and then go have a seat and pray that they would do a good honest job. now this other dude came up to me and tell me this bullshit like, "hondas are hard to do camber blah blah blah something about camber adjustment i couldn't really remember what he said. but i got the quote on the receipt and it says, "recommended services- two camber correction" and that'll cost me 150 included with the 30 coupon that i went in for the two front wheel alignment. is this a rip off or what? i said i came here with 30 bucks and thats all i have he said that he'll do the two fronts for now and the correction later in the future i said alright.

i noticed a difference in the car, seems like the steering wheel are more stable. now 2-3 days later i realized my car start to swerve to the right more and my passenger tire are less pressure than the driver side. whats's going on? could he have done something fishy to my car? i put air on the right tire and the next day its low pressure again than the left and its not fun driving my car like it used to. i feel like i should have left it alone and not get the alignment done. what step of action should be taken?

step A: take it back to alignment shop

step B: take it to the tire shop

Old 01-11-2007, 10:30 PM

Default Re: alignment gone bad? (G2_Fella)

do you have a camber kit on your car?
Old 01-11-2007, 10:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

no.
Old 01-11-2007, 10:37 PM

Default Re: (G2_Fella)

there is no way to adjust the camber on your car without you installing a camber kit.

are you sure its was not just bad road?

when you camber is off and your tires hit the grooves in the road it wil pull hard..

test your car on the flatest road you can find..

if it still pulls return to the shop and say the alingment is off..

you do need to get a camber kit.
Old 01-11-2007, 10:37 PM

then there u go cant really do much wid hondas you can onlee set the toe and let it go thats it unless u got camber kits then yea u can set that other den dat nope datz it pal
Old 01-11-2007, 10:39 PM

Default Re: (SkIp_Civic_Ek6)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SkIp_Civic_Ek6 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">then there u go cant really do much wid hondas you can onlee set the toe and let it go thats it unless u got camber kits then yea u can set that other den dat nope datz it pal </TD></TR></TABLE>

damn.. you need to edit that
Old 01-11-2007, 10:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (gezzuzz)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by gezzuzz &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
are you sure its was not just bad road?

when you camber is off and your tires hit the grooves in the road it wil pull hard..

test your car on the flatest road you can find..
</TD></TR></TABLE>i noticed a lot of that too on bad roads, it tends to go with the groove.

i test it on the highway and it swerve to the right.<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by gezzuzz &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

you do need to get a camber kit.</TD></TR></TABLE> camber kit huh.. damn, cost me another franklin or more then.
Old 01-11-2007, 10:45 PM

Default Re: (G2_Fella)

$150 shipped (skunk2 on ebay).. btw eg or ek?
Old 01-11-2007, 10:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: alignment gone bad? (G2_Fella)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by G2_Fella &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">my passenger tire are less pressure than the driver side. whats's going on? could he have done something fishy to my car? i put air on the right tire and the next day its low pressure again than the left and its not fun driving my car like it used to.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

i dont think he would do anything to your tire, sounds like you ran over a nail that you haven't seen yet and its slowly seeping
Old 01-11-2007, 10:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: alignment gone bad? (KoketsuCivicSi)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by gezzuzz &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">$150 shipped (skunk2 on ebay).. btw eg or ek?</TD></TR></TABLE> frost white 92 eg running strong.<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by KoketsuCivicSi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

i dont think he would do anything to your tire, sounds like you ran over a nail that you haven't seen yet and its slowly seeping</TD></TR></TABLE>i will check it out. oil change coming up soon.