Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Alarms

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2007, 09:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alarms

I remember awhile back reading a alarm thread, but can't remember where I was reading it. The security cannot be bypassed. Wire are in a case and if one wire is cut the entire car will not work. Something about each setup is in a different way so the person doesn't know how t disarm the alarm. Any help will be helpful
Old 02-18-2007, 10:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Alarms (tambara)

****, I know the thread ur talking about too but I don't remember what it was called.

The box had like 10 wires all the same color or some **** .

Old 02-18-2007, 10:03 PM

Default Re: Alarms (Syndacate)

haha i want that freaken alarm.
Old 02-18-2007, 10:04 PM

Maybe, just maybe, its in the RIGHT FORUM lol

Perhaps the Audio/Security/Video forum???
Old 02-18-2007, 10:05 PM

Default Re: Alarms (sol2hatch)

o yeah, you dont need to worry about an alarm, you need to worry about buying my head! lol
Old 02-18-2007, 10:06 PM

haha if i get my car jacked why would i need a head for my car. lolz right?? help me peeps i know one of you people know what im talking about
Old 02-18-2007, 10:11 PM

i think i got it....Ravelco Anti-Theft Device
Old 02-18-2007, 10:11 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by tambara &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">haha if i get my car jacked why would i need a head for my car. lolz right?? help me peeps i know one of you people know what im talking about</TD></TR></TABLE>

seriously though, I am pretty sure that is in the Audio/Security/Video forum. Its probably stickied if it is as cool as you say it is.

seriously Go there.
Old 02-18-2007, 10:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sol2hatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

seriously though, I am pretty sure that is in the Audio/Security/Video forum. Its probably stickied if it is as cool as you say it is.

seriously Go there.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Naw, it was posted here. Not sure if it was moved or not, wasn't sticked as far as I remember, I can't find it under the search pages either .
Old 02-18-2007, 10:20 PM

yea it was post here I never go to any other thread but here and the for sale forums.
Old 02-19-2007, 03:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: 99 probs but a stolen car aint 1, ca, cerritos/fullerton
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by tambara &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i think i got it....Ravelco Anti-Theft Device</TD></TR></TABLE>

The unit sucks and can be defeated in a matter of minutes. Not worth the cost. And is not a alarm system. A well installed alarm will provide a better system then the one that you are talking about. The ravelco would just be a extra layer. There is a sticky in the a/v section. Here is a link. Read it.

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread/1794938
Old 02-19-2007, 03:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Alarms (wrx-killer-Sti eater)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by wrx-killer-Sti eater &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

The unit sucks and can be defeated in a matter of minutes. Not worth the cost. And is not a alarm system. A well installed alarm will provide a better system then the one that you are talking about. The ravelco would just be a extra layer. There is a sticky in the a/v section. Here is a link. Read it.

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread/1794938</TD></TR></TABLE>

Naw that's not it.

It was for some super alarm system that couldn't be bypassed and they guaranteed that. Something like the alarm box had 9 wires and they were all the same color and random for each box and any one when cut would set off the alarm.

Old 02-19-2007, 11:06 AM

anyone???
Old 02-19-2007, 11:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

hum....sounds really interesting....so you guys are saying this is an alarm system right??its not something that has to be added to your alarm system??hope someone can find the link...i need an alarm...
Old 02-19-2007, 11:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Syndacate &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Naw that's not it.

It was for some super alarm system that couldn't be bypassed and they guaranteed that. Something like the alarm box had 9 wires and they were all the same color and random for each box and any one when cut would set off the alarm.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

A well planned alarm system and gps tracking system installed correctly will be a better unit and will provide your car with protection then that " I promise your car will not be stolen product" I seen these units allways fail and cars being stolen because of this guaranteed. I been doing this for 15 years. Do not depend on this unit to do squat. Don't beleive me, move this thread to the audio/video section. Your going to get the same post. Fcm, suspendedhatch,nsxexxtreme and a few other installers that have been around for awhile are going to tell you the same. If you love and value your car you would heed my advice.
Old 02-19-2007, 12:24 PM

i mean i dont' want to question you im sure you have more experience then i do in automotive. But When i saw there website it says its guaranteed that no one will be able to take your car. Unless its a flatbed but no one can defeat that. I think.
Old 02-19-2007, 12:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Alarms (B18CivicEg)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by B18CivicEg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">hum....sounds really interesting....so you guys are saying this is an alarm system right??its not something that has to be added to your alarm system??hope someone can find the link...</TD></TR></TABLE>

x2
Old 02-19-2007, 02:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by tambara &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i mean i dont' want to question you im sure you have more experience then i do in automotive. But When i saw there website it says its guaranteed that no one will be able to take your car. Unless its a flatbed but no one can defeat that. I think.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I seen so many fly-by nite companies with the same guarantee. You could make all the wire of a alarm system one color. All you are going to do is just follow it back to what ever wire it is conneted to and just tap it back. And for the price of the unit you could have had a alarm system.

Okay think of it this way. The system you are looking at does not make any sound of any sort. This is one up for the theif or theives. Now all they have to do is just unplug your factory horn so the stock alarm does not go off. Now they have all the time in the world to be under your dash unplugging your unit. Or hot wiring the car under the hood. I could easly by pass that unit in about 2 min. Its not that hard.

Now with a alarm system thats well planned out. Back up battery, Stealth install, two sirens, dummy brain, Siren mounted in the fender, one in the car, And even better a 2 way alarm with gps tracking. Now with the gps you will be alerted by a phone car in 4-10 min. And your two way will be ringing if in range. Now the theif is in the car trying to shut it up. Can't get to the siren because its in the fender. Alarm brain can not be gotten too. Kill switches-as manny as you can get. Will not allow the car to start. And putting the fuel cut off switch on the power of the fuel pump is played. Theives are just running 12 volts from the cig lighter straight to the fuel pump. There are other ways of kill the fuel pump. All you have to do is relocate a couple of things and bam no start. But it does help because it causes the theif-theives to be in the car longer. I installing two air horns in one of my bro car right now. Let them shut that off,lol.
Old 02-19-2007, 04:18 PM

haha by the way i love your name. haha I want to at least know the name of this alarm iI doubt Ravelco Anti-Theft Device is the right one. THe other one had alot of bell and whiles. Plus car and driver rated it. On top of that Some of the articles they write are pretty impressive. When I buy something I research it till its dead. Its for my baby so i want best for my baby. hahah
Old 02-19-2007, 08:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Its all good and I feel yaaa. Now lets get over the bs and look into a real unit. If you need help I lead you to the right direction.