Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Alarm install help, car just tried to start by itself. PLEASE HELP

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2007, 11:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alarm install help, car just tried to start by itself. PLEASE HELP

Oh my, I'm so scared and confused right now...

I don't have a cam now, I'll try to get one in an hour or so but I'll just post like this for now.

I'll post everythign I did from the beginning okay.

I hvae a compustar CM1000A alarm. Basic unit but I basically got it for remote door lock/unlock cause it's annoying to use the key. ANyways:

I disconnected the negative battery terminal before I began.

THe first connector basically has 4 wires: Red (Constant 12V), Purple (Parking lights), Black (ground), and Grey (trunk).

I went by this: http://www.commandocaralarms.c...Civic

So, I spliced in the red wire to the white wire in the ignition harness.
THen, I found a ground.
Then, I spliced in the purple wire to the red/black wire in the green plug.

I couldn't find the trunk output and I don't really care about that so I just left it unconnected.

I put in the LED in to the car.

So, now, I figured, why not try to test what I have so far? I didn't connect the door locks or siren or anything but according to my logic, if I have the power stuff plugged in and the LED light plugged in then I can

a) see if the LED is working as it should flash when it's armed
b) see if the parking lights flash when I lock/unlock the doors

So... I went and plugged in the negative terminal on the battery...I didn't tighten it down as I was just putting it back on for a minute to see how its going... and before I could mess with anything (maybe 30 seconds after I put the terminal back on) my car tried to start!!!!! It was in first and handbrake was on so it just moved forward a tad (luckily it didn't hit my other car parked in front of it).....then before I could realize what was happening like 10 seconds later it did it again!!! So I ran and disconnected my negative terminal (thankfully I didnt tighten it so I jsut pulled it off) and here I am.

Can someone tell me what's going on? I will get pics to help diagnose but from what I wrote does anything seem wrong? I'm REALLY surprised because my car doesn't start unless I have teh clutch pushed in when I use the key so how would it bypass that somehow and just try to start now??

Thanks!

Oh it's a 92 4 door.
Old 04-14-2007, 11:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Alarm install help, car just tried to start by itself. PLEASE HELP (BlitzSix)

put this in audio/video/SECURITY they will be more help there
Old 04-14-2007, 11:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Alarm install help, car just tried to start by itself. PLEASE HELP (BlitzSix)

I'm an idiot, I didn't see the security section, can a mod move it ?

Thanks.
Old 04-14-2007, 11:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Double check your wire schematic and make sure all your wires are hooked up right.

I had installed a remote starter security system in my Teg a while back. works great for except when the car is in gear.

Had it take off on my *** a few times. Decided it wasn't cool to have a remote starter for manual trans.

I'm pretty sure you have some wires mixed up. What i would do is question the wires that your not to sure of.

Ground those wires and see what they do. These alarm systems work on the negative.
Old 04-14-2007, 12:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Alarm install help, car just tried to start by itself. PLEASE HELP (Kingfish714)

coppy past is the only way i no of
put that in nuetral from now on also incase it does start up again. im sure u already figured that out but just in case
Old 04-14-2007, 01:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Alarm install help, car just tried to start by itself. PLEASE HELP (anavrin351)

Thanks guys.

MODS, I made antoehr same thread in the security section so lock this one if you aren't supposed tohave 2..