Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Air Intake hoses pic requet

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2006, 10:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Air Intake hoses pic requet

I need a few pics of an aftermarket air intake pipe hooked up to the throttle body of a d16y8 with the hoses hooked up correctly to it. My intake pipe is missing a hose and i need to know which one. I know someone out there has to an upclose pic of an intake.
Old 05-07-2006, 11:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Air Intake hoses pic requet (Shaguar47)

The only hose that should be going to the actual intake is the line that runs to the head.

I don't have a picture, but theres a ... hole? whatever, a spot that you can stick a hose to on the passenger side of the head towards the back. It should be really easy to see.

Good luck
Old 05-07-2006, 12:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

go here: https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1614723
pictures of my car, has 2 engine shots of d16y8.
closest hole to the IM is a hard pipe, 2nd closest to the IM is the pipe that goes to your head. 3rd hole is your O2 sensor or whatever that sensor is.

EDIT::

The order might be moved around, depending where the tiny pipe coming from your intake is poking out.
Old 05-07-2006, 02:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Air Intake hoses pic requet (jtchinoy)

Thanks man. Here's the reason i wanted a pic. I have a breather on the car when i bought it and want to get rid of it. My sensor is hooked up to the pipe and a tube that is hooked up to one of the holes on the pipe is hooked on the other end to a piece on the manifold that seems to split into two tubes or something like that. What exactly is that part anyway that it's hooked too? But the real reason of concern is my third hole is not used. The stopper is still in there. What is suppose to go there. I also have a metal tube that comes off the front bottom of the manifold that is open. I think there is suppose to be a tube connected to it as well.
Old 05-07-2006, 10:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

can you post a picture of how it looks? That way I can instruct you in how to rearrange it.

The metal tube goes to that open hole. Don't fasten down your intake til after you get all the pipes in, gives you room to wiggle it around. The metal tube is the main one you need room for wiggling around. My o2 sensor had trouble reaching the hole, so we had to cut some of the tape holding the wires together a little to get the reach. The pipe sticking out of your intake, which shouldve come with a cap on it, is where your rubber hose from your block head covers. Then the O2 sensor in the last hole. You need the rubber grommets (i think thats what they are) in the 2 holes to snugly fit the o2 sensor and metal tube.
Old 05-08-2006, 04:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

In the first pic, you can see the o2 sensor and a tube leading to a splitter part on the mainfold. You also can see the open metal tube part on the manifold right below the throttle spring that attaches to the buttefly inside the intake. In the other pic, i have the breather there and i don't know where the metal tubing your talking about is.
Old 05-08-2006, 05:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

ok i took a look at mine again. The tube that looks like you connected it to a filter on the rear left of your engine block in the 2nd picture is supposed to be connected to a metal tube that goes into the 3rd hole. Then you have the other 2 connected properly. That's where ours differ. If that filter is an aftermarket change, then you'll have to plug up the 3rd hole with something or find the metal tube that used to connect to where the filter is.
Old 05-08-2006, 05:59 PM

i would definately get rid of the breather filter and connect a hose from the valve cover to the intake. Those breather filters screw up the pressure in the valve cover.
Old 05-08-2006, 06:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Air Intake hoses pic requet (grannyEK)

Is there any way possible you could post pics of your setup with up close pics of the hoses and all. I think that would really help me out here.
Old 05-08-2006, 11:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

ok, ill take a picture at work tomorrow for you.
Old 05-09-2006, 12:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Hope you can see what I'm talking about. That metal tube connects to where you have that breather hose.
Old 05-10-2006, 07:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Dude, thanks a bunch. This really helps me out. I'm going to take a good look tommorow when i have more time and i'll get back with ya. But i can tell you as of right now, i have never ever seen that metal tube around the intake area when i looked. Might have to pick one up at a junkyard or something. I do have a question though and that's the second hose that's hooked up. Where is the other end hooked up too? Can't really tell in the pick. Is it the same place my hose is hooked up?
Old 05-10-2006, 09:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

my 2nd hose is the same as your first hose. for some reason the tiny tube coming out of the intake was welded at different points for each of us. You have that and your sensor in, so you're fine at those 2 points.