Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Air/Fuel Ratio & Water Temp. Gauge Installation

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2003, 03:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Air/Fuel Ratio & Water Temp. Gauge Installation

I got a 92 Civic EX, and i'm trying to install a pilar pod, air/fuel ratio, and water temp. gauge, but I don't have any instruction's because my friend from texas who I got them from did not have them. Can someone provide me with a step by step explanation on how to install these gauges? Please be as specific as you can, and if you have picture's let me know. I appreciate all the help! feel free to send me an instant message on aim/aol at: crazeone69
Old 01-08-2003, 05:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Air/Fuel Ratio & Water Temp. Gauge Installation (part_hook_ups)

check out the autometer website. i believe they have instructions in pdf format.
Old 01-08-2003, 05:55 PM

I got a 92 Civic EX, and i'm trying to install a pilar pod, air/fuel ratio , and water temp. gauge , but I don't have any instruction's because my friend from texas who I got them from did not have them. Can someone provide me with a step by step explanation on how to install these gauges? Please be as specific as you can, and if you have picture's let me know. I appreciate all the help! feel free to send me an instant message on aim/aol at: crazeone69
I hope you don't actually expect that A/F gauge to give you an accurate reading. It is nothing more than a twinkle light show. If you want a real accurate A/F reading, you should think about purchasing an EGT. Good luck.
Old 01-08-2003, 06:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

hook red to power, black to ground, and the other wire to the wire on the o2 sensor, for the a/f gauge. the water temp, hook bulb up to lights, red to power, black to ground, and the signal, splice into water temp sender on the block near the upper radiator hose. the a/f gauge helps a little bit, but does not compare to a real a/f meter. however, it is better than nothing.
Old 01-08-2003, 06:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Air/Fuel Ratio & Water Temp. Gauge Installation (93SSPHatch)

I hope you don't actually expect that A/F gauge to give you an accurate reading. It is nothing more than a twinkle light show. If you want a real accurate A/F reading, you should think about purchasing an EGT. Good luck.
look, all I did was ask for a little help in the installation area. I didn't ask for you to post and be a smart *** about this ****. I got all this **** from a friend of mine for $50, so why go out and spend anything more when I can just use what I have to the best of it? I don't expect any gauges to give an accurate reading!

[Modified by part_hook_ups, 7:47 PM 1/8/2003]
Old 01-08-2003, 06:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Air/Fuel Ratio & Water Temp. Gauge Installation (tominos)

hook red to power, black to ground, and the other wire to the wire on the o2 sensor, for the a/f gauge. the water temp, hook bulb up to lights, red to power, black to ground, and the signal, splice into water temp sender on the block near the upper radiator hose. the a/f gauge helps a little bit, but does not compare to a real a/f meter. however, it is better than nothing.
Hey thanks for the help . . . I appreciate it. On the back of the water temp gauge it says hook sender wire up to this, if hot wire touches sender will be damaged . . what the heck does that mean?
Old 01-08-2003, 08:29 PM

look, all I did was ask for a little help in the installation area. I didn't ask for you to post and be a smart *** about this ****. I got all this **** from a friend of mine for $50, so why go out and spend anything more when I can just use what I have to the best of it? I don't expect any gauges to give an accurate reading!

[Modified by part_hook_ups, 7:47 PM 1/8/2003]
I apologize. I was just trying to maybe save you some money and the hassle of installing it. Answer me this: If you don't expect any guages to be accurate, then why did you spend $50 on some gauges?
Old 01-08-2003, 08:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Air/Fuel Ratio & Water Temp. Gauge Installation (93SSPHatch)

I apologize. I was just trying to maybe save you some money and the hassle of installing it. Answer me this: If you don't expect any guages to be accurate, then why did you spend $50 on some gauges?
I did it to help a friend out, and also because I wanted the guages. I know that there is no such thing as a 100% accurate gauge, but my friend needed the money, and he just so happened to have something that I wanted. Last of all . . . I needed that water temp gauge because the one on my cluster is busted!
Old 01-08-2003, 09:11 PM

I did it to help a friend out, and also because I wanted the guages. I know that there is no such thing as a 100% accurate gauge, but my friend needed the money, and he just so happened to have something that I wanted. Last of all . . . I needed that water temp gauge because the one on my cluster is busted!
Fair enough. Kudos for you for helping a friend out. Good luck with the install.
Old 01-08-2003, 09:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

it means that if the hot wire on the gauge, for example, the signal wire, touches ground, the your gauge is as good as dead.
Old 01-09-2003, 08:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Air/Fuel Ratio & Water Temp. Gauge Installation (tominos)

thank you guys for all the help . . . . . hopefully I can get these gauges in one of these days. on the back of the water temp gauge there are 3 prongs, does anything need to connect to them? Also, what can I use to keep the aftermarket pillar connected to my stock one? I know you are suppose to have these little pieces that go into the 4 holes on the pilar, but I gues my friend lost them, so is there something else I can use or a place where I can get something to keep them together?
Old 01-09-2003, 08:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I got a 92 Civic EX,
This is incorrect english and there was not an EX in 1992.
Old 01-09-2003, 09:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Air/Fuel Ratio & Water Temp. Gauge Installation (Plan B)

Ok Mr English teacher . . . . . don't come in here and post stupid **** like that. You must be an idiot because I have a 92 Civic EX. YOu come into topics to post about the topic, not to post off subject bullshit. Get a ****'n grip, and a ****'n clue.
Old 01-09-2003, 09:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

You are fun.
Old 01-09-2003, 09:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

You are fun.
Whatever man, it just goes to show that you don't know **** about car's.
Old 01-09-2003, 09:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

That's right, you owned me, i guess i should just throw away this fully built motor that i built from the ground up and installed completly by myself.

I might be wrong about the EX thing, but damn, you can't say that i don't know **** about cars.
Old 01-09-2003, 09:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

You are fun.

Whatever man, it just goes to show that you don't know **** about car's.
God damn you need to calm down!

You want us to help you, yet you get pissy and bitch about someone being a smartass.

Everyone is entitled to viocing their opinions, whether you agree or not. Just because someone tells you that your A/F guage is inaccurate doesn't meand he's flaming you. He's just stating simple fact that most/all are just lightshows in your dash, and do nothing but look "cool".

And just because someone says that you can't type or speak english, which your grammar is wrong, you don't have to bitch at them either.

Just chill, and let peole say what they want to say. this is a public place, afterall. You don't like it, leave. If you can cope with it, stay. It's that simple.

Calm down. It will be OK.
Old 01-09-2003, 09:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Sharp looking header Plan B. What kind and how did you get it so pretty?
Old 01-09-2003, 09:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

back on subject.. just curious.. can someone with a pic point out the temp sender on a sohc?? i think i know which it is.. but i wanna be sure
Old 01-09-2003, 09:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Air/Fuel Ratio & Water Temp. Gauge Installation (Revolveu2)

it's pretty funny how you people come into one subject, and post stuff that's off subject. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, just like I am entitled to mine. I can speak however I want to speak, just like you can. I'm not getting all crazy, so there's no need to say calm down. Just kinda irrataiting how at the top is says Air/Fuel Ratio and Water Temp gauge Installation, and that one guy comes and post "They didn't even make EX's in 93" Does that have to do with gauge's? I didn't think so.
Old 01-09-2003, 09:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

That's right, you owned me, i guess i should just throw away this fully built motor that i built from the ground up and installed completly by myself.

I might be wrong about the EX thing, but damn, you can't say that i don't know **** about cars.
Hey good for you that you can build motor's . . . . more power to you, but I don't really care. Doesn't mean that you are god or anything, just means you can build a motor. There are a ton of people that know how to do that.
Old 01-09-2003, 09:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I got a 92 Civic EX,

my beata is a 92 civic EX ....
Old 01-09-2003, 09:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Air/Fuel Ratio & Water Temp. Gauge Installation (95DelSolSI)

back on subject.. just curious.. can someone with a pic point out the temp sender on a sohc?? i think i know which it is.. but i wanna be sure
please??
Old 01-09-2003, 09:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Air/Fuel Ratio & Water Temp. Gauge Installation (95DelSolSI)

It is right under the distributor(which is the thing with the spark plugs wires coming off it.)

I've heard of many people using the one on the thermostat housing (brown), does anyone know any pros/cons to either?
(edit: don't listen to anything i say, because i don't know anything about cars.)

[Modified by Plan B, 1:51 PM 1/9/2003]
Old 01-09-2003, 09:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

well now that we are all done trash talking back to the subject. I didn't start this post to talk **** . . . . obviously as we all can see you know how to build motor's, congrat's. All I need is some help getting the water temp gauge hooked up, if someone wants to give me some good advise or provide a picture that would be great.

Quick Reply: Air/Fuel Ratio & Water Temp. Gauge Installation