Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

air fuel ratio gauge...

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2007, 09:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default air fuel ratio gauge...

so i have had my autometer air fuel gauge for several months now. everythings been fine til earlier. normally the bands are on mainly the green parts and little on the orange bands. earlier going on the freeway at a constant speed of 80 mph the bands just stay at the orange bands. the whole orange arc. looks a little weird but everything drives normal. im smogging this weekend. will it affect it?
Old 02-20-2007, 09:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

do u have a wide band A/F? if not then ur A/F meter is more or less just a light show.. dont worry 2 much about it
Old 02-20-2007, 09:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: air fuel ratio gauge... (hatch_)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hatch_ &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">so i have had my autometer air fuel gauge for several months now. everythings been fine til earlier. normally the bands are on mainly the green parts and little on the orange bands. earlier going on the freeway at a constant speed of 80 mph the bands just stay at the orange bands. the whole orange arc. looks a little weird but everything drives normal. im smogging this weekend. will it affect it?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Depends.

Judging by how you refer to things as the "green, orange, and red bands" I'm going to assume it's NOT connected to a 5 wire O2 (wideband) sensor and it's just there for the purpose of aesthetics?

If that's the case than it doesn't matter, it was never accurate to begin with.

If you have a wideband O2 (highly unlikely) then tell us what the hell the A/F ratio it's reading is.

Sounds like a ricer light show to me . It's not accurate with ur stock O2 sensor, so it really doesn't matter.
Old 02-20-2007, 11:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

ok...i guess ill just have to say RICER LIGHT SHOW it is. and im still keeping it.