Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

AHH!!! Car stalled and now won't start, Please help. =(

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2007, 04:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AHH!!! Car stalled and now won't start, Please help. =(, TDC?

93' Civic w/ B16a2 swap,

Here's the rundown. I've been driving lately and the car felt just a little sluggish than before, then started idleing(spelling???) low after driving for awhile, sometimes even drop down to 200rpm. This morning I started up the car, like a dumba$$ I didn't wait for her to warm up since I was in a rush to pay off my traffic tickets and drove for not even 30 seconds then she just decided to stall on me, so I tried to start her up again and no start. She's cranking but wouldn't turn over. Ran home asked my dad to give me a jump start thinking it was the battery, I don't know why. So it wasn't that, added more gas to the tank, wasn't that either. So we towed the car back home, and here I am, I'm stumped. I check the dizzy and I'm still getting spark, not alot, but its there. Fuel pump is working, I can diffinately hear it, Checked the ECU(chipped P28), and even tried using my buddy's stock P28 just to see if my ECU was messed up or something. Still no luck. I check spark plug and they were kind of iffy but shouldn't the car still be able to start up even if that. Changed the battery twice as well. Please honda-tech, help me out. Can it be my spark plugs? or Is the motor flooded? Or even though there's spark can it be my dizzy still? And help with be greatly appreciated.

Modified by ProjectEG8 at 6:44 PM 7/19/2007

Modified by ProjectEG8 at 12:06 AM 7/21/2007
Old 07-19-2007, 04:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: AHH!!! Car stalled and now won't start, Please help. =( (ProjectEG8)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ProjectEG8 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">93' Civic w/ B16a2 swap,

Here's the rundown. I've been driving lately and the car felt just a little sluggish than before, then started idleing(spelling???) low after driving for awhile, sometimes even drop down to 200rpm. This morning I started up the car, like a dumba$$ I didn't wait for her to warm up since I was in a rush to pay off my traffic tickets and drove for not even 30 seconds then she just decided to stall on me, so I tried to start her up again and no start. She's cranking but wouldn't turn over. Ran home asked my dad to give me a jump start thinking it was the battery, I don't know why. So it wasn't that, added more gas to the tank, wasn't that either. So we towed the car back home, and here I am, I'm stumped. I check the dizzy and I'm still getting spark, not alot, but its there. Fuel pump is working, I can diffinately hear it, Checked the ECU(chipped P28), and even tried using my buddy's stock P28 just to see if my ECU was messed up or something. Still no luck. I check spark plug and they were kind of iffy but shouldn't the car still be able to start up even if that. Changed the battery twice as well. Please honda-tech, help me out. Can it be my spark plugs? or Is the motor flooded? Or even though there's spark can it be my dizzy still? And help with be greatly appreciated. </TD></TR></TABLE>

i don't know why, but i have a feeling it could be you coil.
Old 07-19-2007, 06:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: AHH!!! Car stalled and now won't start, Please help. =( (philosofy1)

How do I fix it? Do I have to buy a whole new dizzy or can I just replace the coil. Sorry, you can say I'm a noob.
Old 07-20-2007, 12:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: AHH!!! Car stalled and now won't start, Please help. =( (ProjectEG8)

Okay so I brought the dizzy by a well respected local shop, and they said everything looks fine and I was getting spark anyways. I'm kind of a noob but I'm thinking my timing is off by the looks of things. When its at TDC on the crank pulley the "UP" marked on the cam gears are facing towards a right angle, almost at 3 o' clock between 2 o' clock and 3 o' clock. Can it be the reason why my car died was because the timing belt skipped. And if it did skip, what would cause it to skip. I have no upper cover for the timing belt, and the timing belt seems to be fine, Its not loose or anything. What can cause my car not to start? Spark plugs are worn, getting a new set tomorow. Can it be that my catalytic converter is clogged? Somebody please help.
Old 07-20-2007, 09:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

anybody?
Old 07-20-2007, 11:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: AHH!!! Car stalled and now won't start, Please help. =(, TDC? (ProjectEG8)

Okay so now I'm looking at my timing belt and it seems to be off, like stated above, when its at TDC on the crank pulley the cam gears where is said "UP" is pointing to the right, almost a 3o'clock angle, So I'm guessing it skipped while driving, no idea how, I'll look into it later. I went ahead and removed the valve cover and set it at TDC on the crank pulley and loosened up the tensioner and aligned the cam gears so "UP" should be pointing "UP" and the horizontal lines "--" on the cam gears are matched up but now I'm having trouble getting the timing belt back on, It either goes on and I turn it a little and try to tighten up the tensioner and it just slipps a tooth or so. And suggestions would help, How do I correctly put everything back in place?