Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

aftermarket steering wheel adapter interest?

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2002, 04:56 PM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default aftermarket steering wheel adapter interest?

Alright, so here's the deal. The Momo adapter sucks. It doesn't use the factor cable reel, and hooking up even the horn is a bitch, nevermind any hopes of keeping your cruise control.

So the question is, how many people are looking for an affordable (read under $200 I hope, worth the money either way) hub adapter that will retain the factory cable reel, and be a very fast, clean install?

I've installed the Momo hub in my civic, and I don't like it. I also have a crappy adapter for my NSX, and I don't think I'm going to install it.

What I want to do is have some parts machined that will allow me to assemble modular kits that should work for at least the NSX and civic (I'm also guessing that I'll be able to fit the integra with minimal difficulty). The cable reels between the NSX and the Civic are the same, and I think the splines are as well. The main differences are steering wheel depth and initial angle of the cable reel. I'm still in a research mode right now, talking to people about designs and costs. If it turns out that I can get them a lot cheaper by getting a lot of them, then I'd want to take pre-orders.

So, post up a shout-out if you've been waiting for an item like this, and how much you'd be willing to spend for a good, clean solution.

I'd have to sell them for offroad use only (just like Momo, we all know what that means), and I wouldn't provide for the airbag (I don't know of any aftermarket airbags), but it *would* provide for horn, cruise set, and cruise resume.

I also don't know if the 96+ civic differs from the 92-95 civic.

-Mike