Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Aftermarket Seats - Whats the deal with these?

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2009, 11:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: Howcome we park on driveways, and drive on parkways?
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aftermarket Seats - Whats the deal with these?

So ive decided to redo my interior, and i figure if im doing it, i might as well do it right. Im thinking about getting some new seats. Since i have the red CTR carpet, and am currently in the process of redo-ing my interior panels and dashboard in black, i am trying to decide what seats i want to use.

I know i have ALOT of different options. I found the OLD SCHOOL pink/grey full interior with door panels as well, but ive already started the interior switch. I want to do either a black with red stitch, or a red seat.

im going to have all black interior panels and dashboard when finished, (https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-civic-del-sol-1992-2000-1/how-diy-custom-interior-project-%2A%2Ano56k%2A%2A-2500737/) as well as the RED tweed on the door panel arm rests. Black headliner, and possibly EP3 wheel with red stitch.

So heres my dilemma. Looking online through many different websites, most of these after market seats im seeing dont have mounting brackets or hardware. They also dont seem to have the receiver for the seatbelt. I HAVE TO use a 4 or 5 point harness? What im trying to find out is what is the best way to:

A: Mount the seats in the car
B: Address seat belt issue

Any info anyone has in greatly appreciated...TIA

Dc2
Old 02-18-2009, 08:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Aftermarket Seats - Whats the deal with these?

Sound like your going for the CTR look. CTR Red Recaro and rear seat is the missing piece to your puzzle. Plus JDM CTR Recaro come with the rail already. I would suggest you get Vision low position rail bescause the OEM bracket sit kinda high
Old 02-20-2009, 03:38 AM
Information Leafblower

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Aftermarket Seats - Whats the deal with these?

MemoryFab also makes brackets with a stock seat buckle provision for whatever seat you're going for, but I'd just do what SimplyCrave said and get CTR seats and call it a day. The rails will bolt right up and you won't have to worry about the seat buckles not fitting.

You can also get ITR seats from a 94-01 Integra and your seats will work, but with only 3 bolts.