Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Aftermarket Combined A/C box

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2004, 09:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aftermarket Combined A/C box

I'm having a small problem fixing my A/C. Last year traveling to Florida, I went to turn the A/C on and instead of cold air I got water running down my feet from under the glove box. Eventually, the water stopped (it would stop running if I turned the A/C off, but once the water ran out, well, the water stopped flowing completely). I'm just now getting around to fixing it and noticed a problem. Oh, and for the record, it seems the O-rings have leaked. Nothing some new seals and new pressure of the system won't fix.
Anyhow, I look in the Helms manual to start disassembly of the glove box area. Glove box comes off fine. When I get it off, I notice that the heating duct is NOT a seperate item from the rest of the A/C components. In the manual the heating duct and condensor are two seperate removable items but in my car there is just one big black box that needs to be removed. We tried taking off all the screws that were visible and it still wouldn't come off. Does anyone else have a black box in place of their heating duct / condensor? I'm not sure if it matters for this but the car has been converted to R134 from R12 (by original owner). Can someone PLEASe help me figure out how in the world to get this box to come off so I can get access to replace the o-rings? Thanks so much.
Old 06-28-2004, 11:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Aftermarket Combined A/C box (civic4g)

i think its just ur a/c draining hose, that goes thru the firewall to drain out the water from the a/c system, push the hose all the way thru or check for holes etc and clearance etc
Old 06-28-2004, 11:23 AM
H-T White Ops

What o-rings are you replacing? If you get water when you turn your AC on it's condensate. Your drain is stopped up or something. There is NO WATER in your AC lines. There's antifreeze in your heating lines. See if you can find your condensate drain under your car and blow air into it. That might unclog the condensate drain pan in your air box. Ideally you should find a way to open it up and clean all the gunk out of it.
Also the coil inside your car is the Evaporator. Your condeser is up front by the radiator.
Old 06-28-2004, 12:06 PM

Default Re: (IslandSi)

Perhaps I should have just asked how to get the box off. That's really all I care about.
I can't do any of the things you're telling me to do without getting this box off. I have no idea what it is or why its there but it's not looking anything like the manuals pictures. If I knew how to get it off I could more accurately check for the A/C problem
Old 06-28-2004, 02:11 PM
H-T White Ops

Default Re: (civic4g)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by civic4g &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Perhaps I should have just asked how to get the box off. That's really all I care about.
I can't do any of the things you're telling me to do without getting this box off. I have no idea what it is or why its there but it's not looking anything like the manuals pictures. If I knew how to get it off I could more accurately check for the A/C problem </TD></TR></TABLE>

It's not an AC problem. It's a condensate drain problem. Just find where the drain line comes out under your car and blow air into it. That should solve your problem.