Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

After alignment and balance...

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2007, 03:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default After alignment and balance...

After I got an alignment and balance and a new set of tires... About 2 months later, this is what its starting to look like... Doesnt look like I got my 115$'s worth does it... Anywho, does this look like maybe bad UCA or LCA would cause this?? Tie-rods an all are brand new... Maybe rack-n-pinion???

Old 02-21-2007, 03:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: After alignment and balance... (JDM_SOHC)

Did the guy who did it give you a spec sheet? Toe absolutely kills tires, and since you said its only been 2 months, check the toe on that sheet. It should be at zero.
Old 02-21-2007, 03:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I think if you had a bad UCA or LCA you'd know it sooner than your tires wear out. Definitely check that spec sheet from the alignment.
Old 02-21-2007, 03:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: After alignment and balance... (DeadEnd9009)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by DeadEnd9009 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Did the guy who did it give you a spec sheet? Toe absolutely kills tires, and since you said its only been 2 months, check the toe on that sheet. It should be at zero.</TD></TR></TABLE>

i went on a cleaning spree an threw away all random old papers an **** in my car, an accidently threw that one away but I kno it wasnt 0 cuz he even said something to me about it but didnt say how to fix it or anything....
Old 02-21-2007, 03:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

toe, camber and driving habits will have an impact. Has the car even been crashed?
Old 02-21-2007, 03:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I got my car alligned at midas a while back. They fucked me over to say the least. Tehy said everything was within spec, and could not gve me a spec sheet due to a broke back printer. 3 months later my tires were shot. Took it to another place to get the allignment checked, and guess what, midas didnt even touch it. The toe was set a 1/2 in out, and the camber was messed up on both sides. Midas tried to tell me the camber wasnt adjustable anymore and I messed up the toe by bottoming out. I had Skunk 2 camber kits and a 2 in lowering.
Old 02-21-2007, 03:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: After alignment and balance... (turnsignalandy)

Why go to Midas when Honda does it for the same price? Around here an alignment is about $60 Canadian, which is cheap when you think about how good of a job they did.

I've had my tires for 2500 miles and they show NO signs of camber or toe wear. Can't even distinguish the rears from the fronts. Im also lowered 2in.
Old 02-21-2007, 04:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I found a place that does it with a reccessed lift and old school tools at $35. OP, are those Falken 512's?
Old 02-21-2007, 04:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

dont go to a dealership or anywhere for tha tmatter for an alignment if they are about to close (late afternoon)

the guys in the back of the toyota dealership where i work will sometimes change the numbers on the computer to make it appear to be in spec.

without touching anything on the car.

OP: i would take my car back and tell them they owe you 2 tires and an alignment
Old 02-21-2007, 04:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: After alignment and balance... (92ehatch)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 92ehatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">dont go to a dealership or anywhere for tha tmatter for an alignment if they are about to close (late afternoon) the guys in the back of the toyota dealership where i work will sometimes change the numbers on the computer to make it appear to be in spec. without touching anything on the car.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

I made sure i was watching the whole time the technician was working on my car, even though i hate it when people watch me work.
Old 02-21-2007, 04:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by turnsignalandy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I found a place that does it with a reccessed lift and old school tools at $35. OP, are those Falken 512's?</TD></TR></TABLE>

yeah they're the 512's.... they ride fine but i swear these tires are the biggest POS's ever... They always randomly get knots in the sidewall an ****, pretty garbage if u ask me... I just get'm for 30 bucks a peice so I dont bitch about that lol...
Old 02-21-2007, 04:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: After alignment and balance... (92ehatch)

Yeah i am very tempted to take it back to them because the way they dicked me over... But I dont kno how much work it would get done for me...
Old 02-21-2007, 04:54 PM
As long as I dont have to take out any more Metal Gears

The problem is that those places u are going to are lining up ur car according to factory specs, which doesnt take into account that your car is lowered. The toes angles need to be set according to the car's ride height. So u need to find one of those old school alignment places in ur area that do it the old fashioned way instead of using computers. For example in Socal, LA county, Bear frame and wheel dont use a computer, they use old school instruments and set up ur alignment accordingly to the ride height.
Old 02-21-2007, 05:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: After alignment and balance... (rukawa1one)

Exactly my friend. The guys I got to know are not only old school, but they know their **** and know how mcuh an allignemnt should cost. The have about 6 reccessed lifts at their shops.
Old 02-21-2007, 05:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: After alignment and balance... (rukawa1one)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by rukawa1one &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The problem is that those places u are going to are lining up ur car according to factory specs, which doesnt take into account that your car is lowered. The toes angles need to be set according to the car's ride height. So u need to find one of those old school alignment places in ur area that do it the old fashioned way instead of using computers. For example in Socal, LA county, Bear frame and wheel dont use a computer, they use old school instruments and set up ur alignment accordingly to the ride height.</TD></TR></TABLE>

my cars not even lowered though.. My suspension is completely 94 DX 130K miles stock....
Old 02-21-2007, 05:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

damn. But ya I have those tires as well, I got them cause of the price. Didnt want to spend mcuh cause im still in High School and im also gona get bigger rims soon. Ill just keep these to beat on when I got auto crossing, even though they are crappy as expletive.
Old 02-21-2007, 05:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by turnsignalandy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">damn. But ya I have those tires as well, I got them cause of the price. Didnt want to spend mcuh cause im still in High School and im also gona get bigger rims soon. Ill just keep these to beat on when I got auto crossing, even though they are crappy as expletive. </TD></TR></TABLE>

yeah same here dude... love the price, hate the quality...
Old 02-21-2007, 06:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Some big places give you a free check. Lures in the 'why the hell not, its free' people, then they scare them and/or reason with them to go ahead. Get it checked, say its a new car & unknown when last touched. It its severe, ask what would cause it, etc. If its bad all around, take it back to the other place and raise hell. At the very least, you may get a free alignment - one you know will be performed. Best case, you'll get new tires. Just put yellow paint on each adjustment point, to make sure instantly if they moved anything.
Old 02-21-2007, 06:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: After alignment and balance... (HiProfile)

Hey man, I went back to midas about 5 times the first time calm, the last time with my dad looking like I just crashed a $500,000 car, and they wouldnt even give me a free allignment. They did how ever offer me some new tires at a discount price of $140 a pop. I got a flyer in the mail from Midas the other day, and I went outside and set it on fire. DONT TRUST THE MIDAS TOUCH
Old 02-21-2007, 06:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Hence just go to the dealer. If they're honest, they'll do it right. Just make an appointment early in the morning and watch the guy work.
Old 02-21-2007, 06:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Ill look in to that, but usually from what i know, its kinda hard to sit down after you take your car to a dealer for repairs or maintanence.
Old 02-21-2007, 06:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by turnsignalandy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Ill look in to that, but usually from what i know, its kinda hard to sit down after you take your car to a dealer for repairs or maintanence. </TD></TR></TABLE>

yeah i dunno about honda being the same price as other places.. not around here at least, we usually try to stay away from there even though their work ethic is prolly a little higher than midas lol..
Old 02-21-2007, 06:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JDM_SOHC &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
yeah i dunno about honda being the same price as other places.. not around here at least, we usually try to stay away from there even though their work ethic is prolly a little higher than midas lol..</TD></TR></TABLE>

exactly my thoughts, but around where i live, its all the same price it seems.
Old 02-21-2007, 07:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by DeadEnd9009 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

exactly my thoughts, but around where i live, its all the same price it seems.</TD></TR></TABLE>

oh, if that was the case around here no doubt id goto honda lol... but here in lovely Southwest Florida they do a thing called "rape the **** outta u" where ur money seems to evaporate out of ur wallet as soon as u walk in the front door haha...
Old 03-05-2007, 01:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

does anyone think that the knocking could be a bad camber??? again, its only when im over 70 that i feel this knocking, an also if i hit on the brakes really hard i feel a stern shimmer in the front end too, almost the identical feeling but instead of accelerating im stopping.... either or, its something in my front end im just curious if anyone else ever fixed this????

Quick Reply: After alignment and balance...