Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

AEM Cold Air Troubles...! ! !

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2005, 07:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AEM Cold Air Troubles...! ! !

Yo whats crackin maynEs! i just reinstalled my CAI but there is only one hole in the intake and i dunno if the heat sensor goes there or the other line that is near the oil cap. what goes where? do i have to make an extra hole for the heat sensor? How come AEM did not make two holes like the rest of the genius companies? Thanks alot yall...ill try to post pics but im at work right now so later but any help will be appreciated!
Old 08-09-2005, 08:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: AEM Cold Air Troubles...! ! ! (YoungMoneySi)

you reinstalled it? how was installed the first time? are you sure the intake is made specifically for your vehicle/motor?
most aem intake would take into consideration the heat sensor and "the thing near the oil cap" hose.
Old 08-09-2005, 08:43 AM

Default Re: AEM Cold Air Troubles...! ! ! (Viorent Grip! EG)

You're making a lot of stupid threads. Try searching a little bit and use some proper english.

What year is your car and what model is the CAI made for?
Old 08-09-2005, 10:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: AEM Cold Air Troubles...! ! ! (nota-eg)

First of all i read them threads and their is nothing there...second...i reinstalled it meaning i had it on at one point and i took it out and now i put it back on. the car is for 2000 civic si and that is what i have. i have check other cold air AEM systems and they only had one hold too. i dont know why they did that. my heat sensor is basically just chillen there going into nothing.
Old 08-09-2005, 11:27 AM

call aem for help
Old 08-09-2005, 11:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: AEM Cold Air Troubles...! ! ! (makelove2hondas)

You probably bought one for a 92-95 or something because their iat sensors are on the intake manifold.
Old 08-09-2005, 11:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by YoungMoneySi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">second...i reinstalled it meaning i had it on at one point and i took it out and now i put it back on.</TD></TR></TABLE>

well how did you have it before? anyway...

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by YoungMoneySi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i dunno if the heat sensor goes there or the other line that is near the oil cap.</TD></TR></TABLE>

well if theres only one hole then your IAT sensor definitely goes there. you can just put a breather filter on "the other line that is near the oil cap," you know, the ones that look like mini air filters.

and i dont know where you looked, but my aem cai for my 00 ex has two o' dem der holes... one for iat, one for the breather line to the valve cover.
Old 08-09-2005, 11:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: AEM Cold Air Troubles...! ! ! (EKcivicEX)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EKcivicEX &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

well how did you have it before? anyway...

well if theres only one hole then your IAT sensor definitely goes there. you can just put a breather filter on "the other line that is near the oil cap," you know, the ones that look like mini air filters.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Wrong. The hose from the valve cover goes there. Like I said above. He bought the wrong application for his si.
Old 08-09-2005, 12:09 PM

Default Re: AEM Cold Air Troubles...! ! ! (wadup)

well like u said the 92-95 had the iat sensor on the manifold but i myself did the y8 manifold swap which is from the obd2 motor and the iat sensor on there is located on the intake piping so just disconnect ur piping and have at it with a drill smooth the edges and mount ur sensor accordingly thats what i did
Old 08-09-2005, 01:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by YoungMoneySi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> the car is for 2000 civic si and that is what i have. .</TD></TR></TABLE>

The Intake Air Temp sensor goes in the intake manifold of the B16. There is only a breather line that connects to the CAI.
Old 08-09-2005, 01:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

My old aem cai had 2 inlets. 1 for the intake air sensor and one for the tube coming from the valve cover. If yours has the little tube sticking out from the intake, that's where your valve cover tube goes. You'll need to drill a hole for the intake air sensor. Stick a rubber grommet over the hole and then stick the sensor in it.
Old 08-09-2005, 08:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: AEM Cold Air Troubles...! ! ! (wadup)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by wadup &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Wrong. The hose from the valve cover goes there. Like I said above. He bought the wrong application for his si.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I stand corrected then. I didn't know the IAT was on the mani for B's but he said its its just dangling around. I dont get it, wouldn't that produce a vacuum leak from the manifold then?
Old 08-09-2005, 10:45 PM

just put it anywhere, does it even matter.. ?
Old 08-09-2005, 10:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: Your mommas bed, that might be true too ..., So Cali, USA

wow since we are on the subject and i havent messed with a intake i have a 93 and i have the 96+ aem cai and yes theres 2 holes, so the original line from my vavle cover i put that in the intake and then where does the tube from the intake go to the valve cover, cause i know somethin needs to cover that. im smart but not intake smart
Old 08-09-2005, 10:51 PM

Default Re: AEM Cold Air Troubles...! ! ! (Evolution-93-Ex)

ok so you have 1 thats the vacum from the valve cover to the intake, where most ricers put the goofy breather filter, or you run a tank, etc.. and then you have the 1 left open.. i would say just plug it ?
Old 08-09-2005, 11:03 PM
New User

Default Re: AEM Cold Air Troubles...! ! ! (Evolution-93-Ex)

YoungMoneySi, it's probably best to buy the correct intake for your application, the one you have right now is meant for a 92-95 civic. 96up civics will have an Air Temperature Sensor, do not let it hanging around the engine bay, firstly it's not getting an accurate temperature reading, secondly, it gets damaged very easily.
Old 08-09-2005, 11:13 PM

Location: We Cant Stop Here This Is Bat Country, So CaL, USDM
Default Re: AEM Cold Air Troubles...! ! ! (EG6 SiRII)

why do idiots like this have Si's when I am stuck with the retarded Y7?

that hole is for your coolant injection nozzle
Old 08-30-2005, 12:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: AEM Cold Air Troubles...! ! ! (2000psi)

dont ask questions...i do the asking around here. but just to answer that quick Q...cuz i can...ha!
Old 08-30-2005, 12:32 PM

Default Re: AEM Cold Air Troubles...! ! ! (GripStar)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by GripStar &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">just put it anywhere, does it even matter.. ?</TD></TR></TABLE>

correct. my iat just hangs in the engine bay. if you are having this big of a problem with an intake, you should give up modifying cars.
Old 08-30-2005, 12:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: AEM Cold Air Troubles...! ! ! (IHateJDM)

The ecu reads off of the iat and adjusts for change in intake temperature. You should not leave it hanging around in the bay.
Old 08-30-2005, 12:44 PM

Default Re: AEM Cold Air Troubles...! ! ! (chowmien)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by chowmien &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The ecu reads off of the iat and adjusts for change in intake temperature. You should not leave it hanging around in the bay.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I know what it does, and it really doesn't make a difference. If my car was close to stock, i would hook it up right, but after the swap, there are certain things that just don't matter as much anymore.
Old 08-30-2005, 02:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: AEM Cold Air Troubles...! ! ! (IHateJDM)

well i have had my intake on for about 2 years now and i just recentlty came on this site so i thought i would ask but definitely it is not for my car and i will either poke a hold in the damn thing or just let it be . thanx alot guys!
Old 08-30-2005, 03:57 PM

lol are u old enuff to drive??
Old 08-31-2005, 08:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (cdizzle)

do you even know how to drive *****....cat (ha!)
Old 08-31-2005, 10:16 AM

bet my cat could outrun your car wihtout ur mean aem intake installed correctly!!

Quick Reply: AEM Cold Air Troubles...! ! !