Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

aem 1010 box

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2005, 10:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default aem 1010 box

ok heres what i have got. I have wired in all the wires for obd2b in my crx and have went over and over them again to make sure they are "where" they are supposed to be. i have a b18. heres the ?s. I have a 1010 for 99 si i have a obd0 and obd2 distributer and before i forget i have re wired my obd0 plugs back in so i could check if it runs still and i didnt fry anything. so here we go, I hooked it up and turned it on connected loaded integra base cal. it would turn over and fuel pump works i can hear it,it will stat sync but not read any rpm, it will also cough once at first but then nothing. i checked the wires again and they all seem to be hooked up properly. i also switched ckp and cyp and it wouldnt cough.
then i changed spark teeth to 1 and then it reads rpm. but doesnt fire anymore. and the dist is getting hotter than it should. so im stumped for now, but ihave been thinking. I dont have a 4 wire o2 hooked up all i have is lambda input does that make a diff on startup? and for the injectors i have stock 240s with a resistor box. i have went in a changed them to the proper ohms and i have rc 440s that i can put in when it runs.
i have changed the sensor for cam to pre92 dis and others to see if it will run with that dist that i have put inbut nothing. I fried my stock obd0 dist some how cause it was to hot i figure
So i guess that i need to do somthing im not and i cant think of anything else to get it to run. maybe a little insite.
Or maybe i can get a output list of which outputs are to what pins i think that would be great.

Old 12-13-2005, 11:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: aem 1010 box (98lude-t)

No, you don't need an O2 sensor to get the car started. The O2 sensor isn't doing anything on startup or even for a few minutes until it and the engine are at operating temperature.

If you bought the AEM from an authorized retailer, they, and AEM will support it. If not, then there are forums over at Aem where there are people who can help you. Almost no one here at HT can help you, including myself who once owned and tuned an AEM EMS.

Since you are going to need to get it dyno tuned no matter what, why don't you just take it to a shop? There is no cheap or DIY way to install an aftermarket EMS.
Old 12-17-2005, 08:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: aem 1010 box (suspendedHatch)

i fixed it it was tdc instead of cyp