Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Advise to build a beast.

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2017, 09:35 PM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Advise to build a beast.

Hi everyone. New rookie to your forum here but you all seem like you really know your stuff. So.. I'll let you know what I'm looking to do. Then ask for your recommendations. I have decient experience in motor work. Have done many swaps in the Mitsubishi models. Several engine rebuilds on classics and newer machines. My daily driver is a 350 z right now that i have done all my own wrench work on. So I'm not clueless... But I'm no mechanic by trade. That's where I'm come to you all and humbly ask for advice. Years back i had a Del Sol. Loved it. But even the si didn't have the power wanted. I had an integra gsr and absolutely adored the power band and disgusting red line on the b18c1.i rolled the integra destroying the body. I kept the engine and transmission and ecu. Figured one day I'd put it to use. I have the entire engine 100% torn down. Everything apart. Looking to rebuild it. If i recall it had about 160,000 on it when it came out. Ran perfect no issues at all. I'm planning to drop it into a delsol. It's gonna become my new daily driver. And I'd like it to beat my 350z on get up and go. I have never gone the route of turbo. Nor do i even know if that kind of power can be utilized in a Del Sol without spending a fortune to keep traction. What are your thoughts on turbo application in this situation? Is there enough room after doing said swap to even fit a turbo without massive alterations? I was planning a 10 or 12 pound system. If i go that route and since i have the engine torn down.. What upgrades if any would be highly recommended? I know this is a big project. But it's not like i have to have it done tomorrow. I want to do it right. And for what i want/need. No point in building an engine for 400+hp as I'm not planning to take it THAT far. Thanks again for your input.
Old 08-12-2017, 05:06 AM
2x0
Honda-Tech Member

Received 70 Likes on 58 Posts
Default Re: Advise to build a beast.

You can get 250-300whp on a stock engine with a good tune, I would just put in some ARP head studs and make sure everything is in good condition. Do all maintenance items and checks while you have the engine apart.

Its all about the tune. And that should be plenty of power on the street for a del sol. Plan for an upgraded clutch and put some good tires on the front. Suspension and brakes should also not be overlooked.

Good luck