Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

advice needed on if i should get into hondas or not

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2005, 10:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default advice needed on if i should get into hondas or not

welp here is the story...i have read a bit on this forum and use to be almost knowledgable on hondas, swaps what not, but not anymore...i currently own a 91 vw corrado G60 and as much as i love my vw i am down rite sick of the nver ending problems...and a few freinds at work are trying to talk me into getting a honda/acura...as i am extremly temphted i thought i would test the water here...

my father has a 91 acura LS which i like alot i had a 95 accord lx for a breif moment and thats about all my experince with honda/acura cars

the car i would like would be reliable and of course powerful and fun to drive

why am i posting this? to see if anyone oput there has any advice for me the guys at work are suggesting a 92 hatch with a engine swap. ( must be california legal) anyone have personal experinces with this? also i am not rich nor well i likely ever be so if i could luck into a hatchback with moderate to somewhat high mileage for aorund 2k what could i expect? and not to mention anything at all that anyone may think is relevant would be greatly appreciated....

welp back to reading old threads thanks again

oh yea and if i actulay get some good replies which shall be a good test of this forum any suggestions on a better topic title to make it easyer for others and the "search" ?
Old 08-09-2005, 11:23 PM

Location: We Cant Stop Here This Is Bat Country, So CaL, USDM
Default Re: advice needed on if i should get into hondas or not (Abbot)

yes

what I would do is find a 92-95 civic hatch or coupe with a blown engine, then swap in either a B18C (integra GSR engine) or an H22 (prelude engine). Both of these swaps can be CA legal if doen right. 12's can be had for a total of $5K invesment (alot less if you do the work yourself).

good luck, this forum can be very helpful but lately it's been **** so i recommend searching if you need help and not over posting
Old 08-09-2005, 11:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i got my 92 cx hatchback with no body damage with clean title it had 82,000 on it i got it for 2300. it has a single cam vtec runs 15.3's in the quarter and 9.91-10.02 in the eigth....soon to be turbod... so far i spent 400 on motor 250 on trans and 500 in misc crap
Old 08-10-2005, 12:14 AM

Default Re: advice needed on if i should get into hondas or not (Abbot)

Any 1992-1995 Civic hatchback/coupe/sedan will be a good car for you. You can buy them for cheap (because they're all old now) and there are lots of them in junkyards for you to pick parts off of. Your life will be a whole lot easier and you'll keep a whole lot more of your money if you decide to keep it stock. I bought my 94 CX hatch to be a reliable daily driver which I can easily find parts for from local junkyards and message boards. I get anywhere from 600-750km per tank, and most drive train parts from 92-2000 are interchangeable, so used newer parts are often abundant.

However if you choose to swap in an integra engine (or something else) you will also find an abundant supply of interchangeable parts from the Integra, however most will not be as cheap as the stock CX parts. It's ultimately your decision, but if you want to modify it, you can literally spend an infinite amount of money on it, there will always be something else you want to do to it. I know from personal experience, believe me.

I was just tired of the "scene" and unnecessarily spending money on modifications, then spending money trying to maintain those modifications. That's why I'm driving my stock CX now.