Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

advantages when using type r shocks

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2006, 06:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default advantages when using type r shocks

ok, i did some searching and came up empty. i am thinking of getting some function7 lca's, and i was wondering if there was any advantages to getting the ones for type r shocks? i heard that the type r shocks will lower ride height 1"? is this true? any disadvantages to using the type r shocks? thanks.
Old 01-13-2006, 06:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: advantages when using type r shocks (FATBOYeg6)

there are more JDM applications for a pure race suspension setup. if you are not going to spend grips of money on suspension, buying the standard fork style rear strut mount version (US) is just fine.
Old 01-13-2006, 07:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: advantages when using type r shocks (littleredcivic)

im not really looking for a JDM part. i am just looking for a car that will handle decent (i plan to auto-x), but still be somewhat tolerable on the street. so it would be a waste of money to go with say gc coilovers, itr koni yellow's, function7 lca's, and an itr, or comptech rear sway.
Old 01-13-2006, 07:49 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by FATBOYeg6 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">im not really looking for a JDM part. i am just looking for a car that will handle decent (i plan to auto-x), but still be somewhat tolerable on the street. so it would be a waste of money to go with say gc coilovers, itr koni yellow's, function7 lca's, and an itr, or comptech rear sway.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Type r shocks? I think KONI makes an application for you vehicle so I don’t really get what you’re asking.

function7 LCAs are nice, but I bought a new set of OEM because of it’s price and discount I get at the dealership. overall it’s an alright product.

If you’re going over 17mm for a sway bar, make sure you get a subframe brace. Such as the COMPTECH rear sway/tie combo or ASR (whatever the heck it’s called) otherwise your subframe will tear. It happens, I seen it.
Old 01-13-2006, 08:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

in for later.
Old 01-13-2006, 12:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: advantages when using type r shocks (kaiba)

so back to the original poster, no. don't buy the ITR arms. you say you want to autox, but you don't want it to be untolerable. you are going to have to define untolerable and what you are willing to sacrafice and trade off for autox performance. if you are a beginner, you should leave your car stock and go learn how to drive the autox course first. then start upgrading as you get faster.
Old 01-15-2006, 07:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

to define untolerable...i drive my car daily with no stereo, and the only interior i have is the dash, and the driver seat. im not big on creature comforts. cars are meant to be driven hard in my mind. not babied around. so as far as comfort goes, as long as the *** end doesn't go air borne on speed bumps, im ok with it. im willing to give up almost anything to have a car that performs at its best.
Old 01-15-2006, 09:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

well if that is the case, you can try using the 12/10 setup. i had it in my car but it was a bit siff for me... enough to make the CD player skip and make everything very harsh. with my 10/8 , handling is not as fast as far as response, but overall performance is still there. i think that with most tire setups, a 12/10 setup is too much. your suspension setup MUST match your tire setup. with either setup, if you try, your car will catch air...not that it's a bad thing.