Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

Acceleration stuttering

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2004, 08:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Acceleration stuttering

Hey my acceleration is stuttering it sounds like it is misfiring, it does it at about 4000 RPMS-8000 no matter what and under 4000 it will do it occasionaly, and the idle doesnt seem to be doing as well. I changed the spark plugs and the timing seems good. It was running fine till the other night when i got back and was adjusting a ground wire it's one that goes into the main fuse box. what can cause this stutter and slow in the accelleration to happen?
Old 08-28-2004, 09:08 PM

Default Re: Acceleration stuttering (mongoliandonuts)

recheck the ground. are your plugs gaped right? .38-.43 gap (just incase)
Old 08-28-2004, 09:16 PM

OK what car is it first of all...... I had two integras that developed that problem.... one had a bad cv joint *which you would know if it was going bad* and the OTHER one was a bitch **** from hell..... the 1990.... what it's problem was the coil inside the distributor had burnt all to hell.... check that out... take your cap off and its the coil right on top should be two wires running to it..... if its NOT that.... then check your plugs, and wires..... that would be a SICK start.
Old 08-28-2004, 09:40 PM

Default Re: Acceleration stuttering (goodfknbye)

well its not the join because its in the motor its sounds like 1 or 2 pistons r cutting out and vtec will still engage but less then half power and a much deeper sound outa the exhaust sounds like a misfire and this noise starts everytime around 3900 its in a b16a new plugs etc and like i said it happend after i tried to make the ground better, and more info: i spread the motor down with a hose that and a lot of stuff got wet but it all evaporated by now i would think.
Old 08-28-2004, 09:46 PM

update: oh ya i forgot, when i decell it will back fire makes sense though right? the fuel build from the misfire then it spark at the lower RPMS again and back fires?
Old 08-28-2004, 09:50 PM
Unceasing Measure

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mongoliandonuts &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">and more info: i spread the motor down with a hose that and a lot of stuff got wet but it all evaporated by now i would think.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Fucked up your dizzy. That's a costly mistake I don't suggest you make ever again. Get a new distributor (at the least, coil, cap, rotor and plug wires) and your problems will be solved.

And in the meantime, don't rev a broken motor to 8000rpm: it's just retarded.
Old 08-28-2004, 09:55 PM

water didnt even touch the dizzy and i am sure of that.
Old 08-28-2004, 10:00 PM
Unceasing Measure

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

You're not sure of anything right now (A) and (B) what you're hearing isn't backfiring: it's detonation or misfiring. Backfiring occurs when a cam's overlap is severe enough to allow fuel into the exhaust pipes before ignition, thus blowing a huge amount of compressed/expanding gasoline out through an uncontained space.

If you knew for sure that your distributor didn't get wet, then it's awful coincidental that your car is exhibiting the exact symptomps of a wrecked distributor...
Old 08-29-2004, 12:56 PM

well i checked all the grounds they are good, the car still bogs out at around 4000 RPMS and sometimes randomly at lower RPMS you guys think water got into the dizzy and messed the coil up the spark seems weak in piston 1 atleast kind of a orange color i would say. and if i put 1 back in while its running and pull number two the car will acually just die.
Old 08-29-2004, 06:53 PM

anyone?
Old 08-29-2004, 09:41 PM

ya, actually that guy was right. I had this EXACT problem when i first got my civic...and i totally forgot about it.

I sprayed my engine down right....and that bitch starter having crack withdrawl. misfiring and ****. back firing...eveyrthing...its ideled ruf and crap too. but it was the dizzy and the little button (thats what they told me) cost me 400 to get it. my dizzy got a crack somehow and the water got in somehow ...or water vapor did. that seriously has to be your problem....look into it
also, do you have any chips to the metal around the spark plug holes? like the part that you plug the whole spark plug wire...and the circular boot is suppose to fit over that little lifted ridge from the block. (dont know what to call it) ya ...i did a swap and layed my engine down wrong...it chipped away a piece of that metal....i sprayed my ******* motor AGAIN like 3 months ago...bitch started having crack withdrawl AGAIN. i was like...**** no....checked the dizzy....thank god it was ok. i took off the plug where i remembered that chip being....water must have went under the black boot (dosnt make a good seal i guess) and water was all standing around my plug. lol....i stuck some rag down there....got some **** you spray on your plugs to displace water....ran it for like an hour....and it gradually started running better, then i chaqnged the oil to make sure that water didnt leak from the rings to the oil pan and got new plugs
Old 08-30-2004, 11:16 AM

fixed, the hose(power sprayer) knocked a injector plug loose, ahahah thanks guys.
Old 08-30-2004, 09:31 PM

"hahaha" ...........
Old 08-30-2004, 10:35 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Location: Canyon mother fucking Country, California, United States of America
Default Re: Acceleration stuttering (Archidictus)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Archidictus &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">You're not sure of anything right now (A) and (B) what you're hearing isn't backfiring: it's detonation or misfiring. Backfiring occurs when a cam's overlap is severe enough to allow fuel into the exhaust pipes before ignition, thus blowing a huge amount of compressed/expanding gasoline out through an uncontained space.

If you knew for sure that your distributor didn't get wet, then it's awful coincidental that your car is exhibiting the exact symptomps of a wrecked distributor...</TD></TR></TABLE>

First a "back fire" meaning back out of the intake, ...right? I think out of the exhaust is a "after fire. NO?&gt; And a misfire still burns the fuel it just burns it wrong. A "detination" would be a "mis-fire" of a cylinder