Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

AC problem

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2005, 01:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AC problem

i have a 93 honda civic hatchback. for some reason on my passenger side vent. it is blowing cold air. but the other three is blowing warm air. ac was working good. but one day, it just started to happen.can someone tell me what happen to it. and if there is way i can fix this problem. thanks
Old 07-31-2005, 08:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: AC problem (Luward)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Luward &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i have a 93 honda civic hatchback. for some reason on my passenger side vent. it is blowing cold air. but the other three is blowing warm air. ac was working good. but one day, it just started to happen.can someone tell me what happen to it. and if there is way i can fix this problem. thanks</TD></TR></TABLE>
Is it low on freon?
Old 07-31-2005, 03:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

yeah. cause i just charge up my ac. like a month ago, and everything was working fine. i was told maybe my ac blower behind my dash can mess up? does that sound right?
Old 07-31-2005, 03:29 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There are little flaps in the air box that direct air called blend doors. It could be one of those. Move your temperature **** all the way to hot and listen for a sort of thump, this would be the door closing, then move it all the way to cold and listen again.
Old 08-01-2005, 04:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: AC problem (JDM-97CX)

yeah. the flaps thing works fine. i can hear the thump sound like you said. bump someone please tell me whats going on
Old 08-01-2005, 05:36 PM

Default Re: AC problem (Chiovnidca)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Chiovnidca &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Is it low on freon? </TD></TR></TABLE>

don't want to jack the thread but where do you check for low freon because my ac just blows room temp air on full blast.

as for origional post....thinky anything couldn've gotten stuck in the vents?
Old 08-02-2005, 10:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: AC problem (Cypher0117)

bump....please help!!!!
Old 08-03-2005, 01:54 AM

think about it... if one side is cold and the other is warm, your a/c is working... otherwise how would the one side be cold? Knowing that, it has something to do with your flaps being stuck or the control cable being off, as already mentioned. do you have service manual?

try taking out your glove box to check the ducts to the vents. if the are okay, it has to be something to do w/ the flap mechanism or cables.
Old 08-03-2005, 03:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: AC problem (kkim)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by kkim &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">think about it... if one side is cold and the other is warm, your a/c is working... otherwise how would the one side be cold?</TD></TR></TABLE>
Beleive it or not, a low freon charge can cause one vent to be cool and the others warm. That's what it usually ends up being. It has something to do with only part of the evaporator getting cold and the way air flows over it.
Old 08-03-2005, 10:35 AM

Default Re: AC problem (Chiovnidca)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Chiovnidca &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Beleive it or not, a low freon charge can cause one vent to be cool and the others warm. That's what it usually ends up being. It has something to do with only part of the evaporator getting cold and the way air flows over it.</TD></TR></TABLE>

wow, never heard that one before. I've always thought either the refrigerant will flow or not dependant on system pressure. With the blower being on one side of the evaporator and the mixing flaps and ducting to the vents on the other, I never thought that there could be a temp diff in air temps reaching the ducts.

perhaps he should try checking his low side pressure first.. easy to do, at least.

thanks for that tip.
Old 08-03-2005, 10:40 AM

Default Re: AC problem (Cypher0117)

You really have to take it to a shop where they hook up a pressure gauge and tell what the pressure is exactly it also allows them to fill the system as needed as well. Its not something the average mechanic will have laying around his garage, unless your like me of course and have way more then the average guy