Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

AC INSTALL: HOW TO ??

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2004, 06:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AC INSTALL: HOW TO ??

sup guys.. i did a serious search and cant really find what im looking for..

i just got a 99 DX hb without AC.. looking to install AC asap.. plzz post up who ever has done it themselves.. plzz post all the parts and tools required and pics would be very helpful..

also if anyone has any link ? plzz let me know..

i tried searching on hondatech.. coudltn find any

help me out guys... going to do it this weekend as i kjnow a junkyard that has a complete 99 hb crashed sideways.. so im gonna get the parts from that car.. help me out thanks a lot for all the help.. !!
Old 08-26-2004, 07:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: AC INSTALL: HOW TO ?? (integraver)

If you take that ac out yourself. It will make the install a cake walk.
Old 08-26-2004, 07:56 PM

Default Re: AC INSTALL: HOW TO ?? (murtnabila)

installing all the parts is cake but then getting all the relays and switches working rigght is the the hard part. i think you should install all the part and take it somewhere to get wired. The only new parts you might need are a a drier and a H valve. good luck
Old 08-26-2004, 08:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: AC INSTALL: HOW TO ?? (SiRII_Izzy)

PAY SOMEBODY! NOT ME! Get a helm's!
Old 08-26-2004, 08:34 PM

Default Re: AC INSTALL: HOW TO ?? (SiRII_Izzy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SiRII_Izzy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">installing all the parts is cake but then getting all the relays and switches working rigght is the the hard part. i think you should install all the part and take it somewhere to get wired. The only new parts you might need are a a drier and a H valve. good luck</TD></TR></TABLE>

Well you don't need to get anything wired because it is already there for you all you have to add are the two relays under the hood, the diode under the hood which all three are located in the fuse box by the battery and then snap in the button on the dash and plug in the connector under the dash that is taped up in the wiring harness by where the evaporator box will go. The Ac system has a wiring harness under the hood on the compressor and then it goes on the condenser fan shroud and then over to the drier and then plugs into a plug that is not being used on the radiator support. That is just a short run down, I just did this very swap on to my 96 civic hatch dx and it was very easy if you have another civic to look at or a manual, or if you know how a ac system works and then you can just lay it out your self. But I am guessing you don't have a vacuum to suck the system down and remove any moisture and run a leak check, and then service your system so I would take it somewhere if I were you. Also be very very careful not to get any dirt or debris into any of the lines or the compressor and then you shouldn't have to buy any new parts. Well hope this helps and I am sorry I just did this but I did not take any pictures.
Old 08-26-2004, 08:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: AC INSTALL: HOW TO ?? (haccord2.2)

thanks a lot guys..

but does any one know a full list of parts that i need to get out of the hb ? as i really want to do it this weekend.. i really hope it can come all together.. peace..

list of parts.. like

high pressure line
low pressure line
switch
this that.. hmmm?