Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

AC*experts Help* Question in 2000 EK K20z3

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2012, 08:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AC*experts Help* Question in 2000 EK K20z3

I have had my swap going on 2 1/2 years love it to do this day. My problem is that my AC compressor has been giving me problems from day one. I am on my 3rd ac compressor and hope I dont have to purchase another one. Well information on the problem goes I was picking up Pizza through the drive through with my ac on I leave and pull into the corner store and all this smoke/steam starts coming from the front of my car. I thought my car was overheating so I shut it off and check it out. Around where my ac compressor is there was alot of evaporation. So I take off ac is not throwing cold anymore just hot air through the vents and no its not my heater cause that doesnt even work and thats another problem I dont care too much about. So I pay to replace the compressor pay to charge it again and what not so it seems to be working fine and then the next day I am at a red light I take off and same thing happens, all this smoke/steam coming from the same place around the compressor side. No more cold air and I am back to square one of purchasing another compressor from a Type s and paying to install and paying to recharge. Seems like I am just throwing this money away and no one is really helping to diagnose the real problem. So I thought luck had kicked in for me cause the AC was cold and running fine for almost a year, until two days ago. I was parked with the car on and ac on but If I am not driving this ac will not get cold whatsoever unless it is at night. So I drive off and Bam Steam/smoke from the same area and ac does not throw cold anymore. I took the car to fill up some Freon and they said it marked it still had some and didnt need any but I had to drive on the highway for 20 mins and it still wasnt cold when I got to the shop. So I took off without them doing anything but now I am driving around with Hot ac Im really getting tired of this persistent problem that I am always worried about. Makes me want to say F it and sell and get something new and that works Right. Any one have any ideas what might be the problem?