Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

ABS Modulator is leaking - Civic Hacthback VTi 95 (similar to SiR II)

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2015, 09:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ABS Modulator is leaking - Civic Hacthback VTi 95 (similar to SiR II)

My Civic is leaking the DOT3/4 fluid... I completed it in the Master Cylinder reservoir and in two days all the fluid is gone (using the car twice a day, just to go and return from workplace).

Either the break system and also the ABS function are running perfectly, pedal level, pressure, buzzing only once when car is turned on, the light goes off in the panel after the buzzing, all is normal...

The car went to the mechanic twice and they said the o-rigs were replaced, however the leakage keeps happening in the exact same way.

Did anyone experience it ?? If yes, what was in your case?? Where to check??

My car went to the mechanic store again today and I asked them to take the modulator off the car, replace the o-rings again and keep it (the ABS modulator + its reservoir, which is different from the master cylinder one) on the counter, so they'd isolate the master cylinder lines and we'd be able to understand if the fluid is leaking before to arrive the ABS modulator, during its way inside it or afterwards.

I'll let you guys know what happens when I get the car tomorrow, but would appreciate to hear your comments in the instance that the mechanic is not successful once again.

I really don't want to replace the whole thing ($$$$$) and am hoping for something easier/cheaper to fix.

Thanks in advance for your comments!!

Nerv
Old 02-02-2015, 09:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ABS Modulator is leaking - Civic Hacthback VTi 95 (similar to SiR II)

Oh... forgot to mention... there's no sign of fluid around the master cylinder area, neither in the wheels / brake terminals (calipers/discs, etc)
Old 02-03-2015, 11:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ABS Modulator is leaking - Civic Hacthback VTi 95 (similar to SiR II)

Alter a few unsuccessful tests, the mechanic thinks it may be the reservoir cap that is not sealing the system as it should be.
Now I'm trying to find a spare cap to check if that's correct. If it is, the cost to fix it will be cheap (I so hope for that).

Will still keep you posted...