Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

about how much of a difference in hoursepower or torque will gain if i get hks hi-power full catback

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2007, 09:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default about how much of a difference in hoursepower or torque will gain if i get hks hi-power full catback

been thinking about the apexi n1 and the hks hi-power. do i feel the startup/acceleration significantly better?? please help me out with your input or experience. thank you.
Old 08-29-2007, 09:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: about how much of a difference in hoursepower or torque will gain if i get hks hi-power full cat

Exhaust is part of a system. You need to satisfy the main requirements of this system. The popular upgrades to improve flow are Intake, Header, AND Exhaust. You usually won't feel much from one or the other.

It's been so long since I had put any of these components on, I couldn't really remember feeling much on the butt dyno, but they can improve throttle-response noticeably. I assume that you have a single slammer in your car, because you haven't stated otherwise, so don't expect much power-wise. The SOHC's don't respond in a super way to N/A bolt-ons.

In conclusion, do it if you intend to do more with it. ie: At least completing the I/H/E bolt-on setup.
Old 08-29-2007, 09:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: about how much of a difference in hoursepower or torque will gain if i get hks hi-power full cat

Assuming the rest of your setup is a stock D series?

You'll definitely notice the volume difference.

As for the power? Under 10whp.
Old 08-29-2007, 09:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Syndacate &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">As for the power? Under 10whp.</TD></TR></TABLE>

On the nose, Syndacate.

Like I said, look for the upgrades to improve throttle response, not power, because you'll get very little.

EDIT: You live in San Francisco, look into something quieter than an N1, or reap the consequences. Besides, if you are remaining N/A for an extended amount of time, the N1 style may not be optimal for your needs.

Take a look at the Official Exhaust Note Thread in my sig for further help.
Old 08-29-2007, 10:02 PM

will i notice the difference when i go uphill?? because right now my stock y8 is pretty slow and not enough torque, only got an aem short ram intake, if combined with exhaust will it help gain torque?
Old 08-29-2007, 10:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

In fifth gear going up a hill, you'll notice very little, if any, but I've driven around San Francisco in my SOHC with just the I/H/E, and I'm fine with it. Whether this is the result of the setup is unlikely, but you'll find with it all together, it can be more fun and sporty than your average stock Honda.

If the torque to go up a hill is your priority, you should look into a nice B18B setup. Cheap, torquey, and a docile Daily if stock. Sportier if given a set of shorter gears, like the B16A, or B18C.
Old 08-29-2007, 10:05 PM
HT White Ops

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

10whp is a sky-high estimate.

Try maybe .... 3whp.
Old 08-29-2007, 10:17 PM

fifty horsepower if you go to colorado