Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

aac gets cold sometimes and worm sometimes..help

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2007, 10:12 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default aac gets cold sometimes and worm sometimes..help

i have the ac vacummed and recharged by a ac shop
but recently it gets cold sometimes and worm sometimes.
i dont think it is leaking caz otherwise it will be always worm.
i can hear the ac kicks on when i turn it on
is it the ac compressor start to fail or because i didnt replace the ac receiver (the silver bottle that looks like a bullet)?
and ac belt is new.
please advise..
and where is water valve located ?

Modified by crazyguy at 12:31 PM 7/25/2007
Old 07-25-2007, 10:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: aac gets cold sometimes and worm sometimes..help (crazyguy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by crazyguy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i have the ac vacummed and recharged by a ac shop
but recently it gets cold sometimes and worm sometimes.
i dont think it is leaking caz otherwise it will be always worm.
i can hear the ac kicks on when i turn it on
is it the ac compressor start to fail or because i didnt replace the ac receiver (the silver bottle that looks like a bullet)?
and ac belt is new.
please advise..</TD></TR></TABLE>

it can be a couple of things, lets start with the basics, your water valve can be sticking. if so, it is not closing all the way allowing coolant to pass through, giving the warm affect.

are your fans coming on? mine recently failed on my accord. i would drive and the ac would get cold. i would stop at a light and it would warm up again. my condensor fan failed, causing me to sweet in this heat.

Old 07-25-2007, 10:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't know but my wife's 95 civic lx do the same thing. When it's too hot outside the ac barely gets ice cold. It's just cooler. But if it's not hot outside then the ac will be icey cold. I'm stump as much as you are.
Old 07-25-2007, 10:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (turb20_vtec)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by turb20_vtec &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I don't know but my wife's 95 civic lx do the same thing. When it's too hot outside the ac barely gets ice cold. It's just cooler. But if it's not hot outside then the ac will be icey cold. I'm stump as much as you are. </TD></TR></TABLE>

i must say, i love honda's to death, and i'm not sure about current models (since the ones i have are earlier than 2000), but they have weak blowers. it takes forever to cool down.
Old 07-25-2007, 10:31 AM
H-T White Ops

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Re: (philosofy1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by philosofy1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i must say, i love honda's to death, and i'm not sure about current models (since the ones i have are earlier than 2000), but they have weak blowers. it takes forever to cool down.</TD></TR></TABLE>
I'm not sure what years yours were, but both my '97 EX coupe and my '98 EX coupe (before the compressor shaft broke) cooled down wonderfully well.

Btw, to the OP: It's "warm." It just sounds funny saying "worm" all the time.
Old 07-25-2007, 10:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: (turb20_vtec)

I hav the sam problem just backwards in a way, when I drive around the city, temp stays around 40 to 43 degrees, but when I driv on the hiway, temp rises 2 as much as 60 degress, I changed the dryer, along wit taking all ac lines off, an blew them out, put all bak together cold as ever. Do what philo1 suggested 2! Check that fan, an relay, iv had 2 a couple times were the relay was bad an causing the fan not 2 come on sometimes
Old 07-25-2007, 10:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (NOFX)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by NOFX &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
I'm not sure what years yours were, but both my '97 EX coupe and my '98 EX coupe (before the compressor shaft broke) cooled down wonderfully well.

Btw, to the OP: It's "warm." It just sounds funny saying "worm" all the time.</TD></TR></TABLE>

i have a 89 accord and a 93 civic. they blow cold, but not strong enough. IDK, i compare it to my wife's saturn and the saturn is alot stonger than my honda's.
Old 07-25-2007, 11:15 AM
H-T White Ops

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Re: (philosofy1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by philosofy1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i have a 89 accord and a 93 civic. they blow cold, but not strong enough. IDK, i compare it to my wife's saturn and the saturn is alot stonger than my honda's.</TD></TR></TABLE>
I'd be curious to know the year of the Saturn too, but the Saturns I've been in, from the SC2 to the Ion, are all pieces of crap so far. Hopefully they get better since their model line up has since changed to be all rebadged Opel models.
Old 07-25-2007, 11:31 AM

Default Re: (NOFX)

where is the water valve ?
thanks
Old 07-25-2007, 02:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (crazyguy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by crazyguy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">where is the water valve ?
thanks</TD></TR></TABLE>

it is mounted on the firewall, exactly behind the intake manifold. you can't miss it, it has a hose running from the engine to the va;ve and from the valve to the cabin.