Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

99 honda b16a2 vtec civic si distributor help needed

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2014, 12:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 99 honda b16a2 vtec civic si distributor help needed

Ok so heres the story, i am working on a honda civic si clone, i did not do the engine swap some shop did and they didnt do it well, how ever i did most of the custom work to the car for the owner of the car. Here is what is wrong and what i have done, the car will not start and has no spark, first thing i tested was the coil and zero volts on a meter showed up when trying to start the car, so i tested all the wires going to the ICM and zero volts wore going to it and coming from it, i also swapped that part out from a spare the owner had and still no luck, i tested the harness for the distributor and power was going to the distributor from the harness when trying to start, however it was only afew volts from each contact i dont know if that is important info or not, also i tested one wire i could that went to the TDC sensor inside the distributor and it only read 0.1 volts when trying to start. My question is what should i test next and what dose this sound like to you all, also using a OBD scanner is not something i can do as the engine is missing alot of sensors due to the wiring harness for the car not really matching due to the bad job they did on the swap (something i have been trying to fix as i go along) but i digress, how can i test to see if the distributor is what is 100% wrong with the car or test to see if its the ecu or ecu relay, also i can not find on the car the ecu relay or any fuses as they are not where they should be due to, again the bad engine swap, any help would be very thankful at this point. I know my cars and run my own custom car company but i deal most of the time with german cars and not hondas, and not ones this cut and spliced together.
Old 06-06-2014, 09:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: 99 honda b16a2 vtec civic si distributor help needed

also fuel is pumping to the injectors and into the cylinders, again any help i would love to have.