Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

99 Civic /w LS motor CONVERSON harness ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2009, 09:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Icon2 99 Civic /w LS motor CONVERSON harness ?

ok i've asked this before but i've gotten 2 different answers..so here it is again

i have a 99 civic with a LS motor out of a 98 Integra
i have the motor and the ecu from the integra..

first off i want to know what OBD is the Civic and what OBD is the Integra motor and everything.

second

the guy i got the car from idk if he used the same wiring harness from the intrgra...i personally think you would have to so everything wires up...and he hard wired everything except he said and thire still is a wire on the ECU that is for the Speedo to work because its the only thing that doesn't work...and he said i needed a conversion harness and then tap that wire into the harness...so lastly

what conversion harness to i need...

i need to know asap and hopefully the right answer

i gota killer speeding ticket today and just want to get this fixed.

im going through rywire.com so please link the item i need..thanks

(this is what i;ve been told)

get a OBD2b-OBD1 converson harness
get a OBD2b for D series(8pin)-OBD1 distributor adapter..
but im using a B series motor.
or a OBD2a-OBD1 conversion harness

someone let me know the right answer pleast thanks
Old 01-26-2009, 11:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: 99 Civic /w LS motor CONVERSON harness ?

Your car is OBD2B, which is what the '99-'00 Civics are. The engine is OBD2A, because that's what '96-'98 cars are. OBD1 is from '92-'95, so that is out of the equation. When buying ECU conversion harnesses, the first OBD is the car, and the second OBD is the ECU. So in your case you need an OBD2B to OBD2A conversion harness; in order to use an OBD2A ECU in your OBD2B car. The previous owner probably used the stock Civic harness, not the Integra one. The '96-'00 Civics have a 1-piece harness, which connects to the engine and goes directly to the ECU. The '96-'01 Integras (like the '92-'95 Civics) have a 2-piece harness. The first piece connects to the engine and goes to the passenger side shock tower. The second piece of that (the '96-'01 Integras) goes from the shock tower to the ECU. So the Civic is a straight shot from the engine to the ECU, and the Integras (and older Civics) go from the engine to the shock tower, and then from the shock tower to the ECU. I don't know of any adapter harnesses for the distributor issues that you're having. Here are the diagrams for the one's that you likely are dealing with (ignore the top one because it's OBD1, and you're not dealing with that): http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...stributors.jpg I'm pretty limited on knowledge when it comes to why your speedometer wouldn't be working, so hopefully someone else will be able to help you there.
Old 01-26-2009, 01:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: 99 Civic /w LS motor CONVERSON harness ?

awsome thanks, yet another new connector.

the distirbutor is just for a full conversion deal.

so if let me make sure i get this right

my car aka the wiring harness is the orginal civic harness which was a d series motor is a obd2b harness, and the motor and ecu is obd2a. their for i have to get a
obd2b-obd2a conversion harness

i looked at the ecu and it does have a wire hangin from it like the guy said...im curious if this is really the reason the speedo wouldn't work? he said it worked before they did the swap. would one wire cuase the speedo to not work?