Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

99 civic siR questions??

Old 10-16-2007, 10:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 99 civic siR questions??

ok fella my name is eddie and im a newb to the site but nit so much the scene...i am considerign buying a civc siR frm a oldr man that has one..He imported it from guadalahda,mexico.. or how ever u spell it...but the thing is i dont anything about the specs of it.. i know it has a b16 in it...si interior..the speedomter cluster is in Km..the car is silver..my main questions are basically..does anyone know the differernce between this mexico SiR and a US Si ..is the SiR model in mexico the same as Cananda?what are the differences if any?.........any info u guys could help me with would be useful...thanks a bunch
Old 10-16-2007, 10:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

sounds to me like it is the same as the canadian SIR
Old 10-16-2007, 10:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

so it it he same as the US Si but with a different color and a full size spare..
Old 10-16-2007, 12:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: (jdm_option2)

The Canadian SiR (EM1) had an extra color than the US Si (EM1), which was silver. It is the same exact thing, except it will have ABS.

I believe it has a donut stock, but someone could have put in a full size spare.
Old 10-16-2007, 03:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

so i would basically get a silver Si... do they come with the city lights?
Old 10-16-2007, 04:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

They will come with DRLs
Old 10-16-2007, 04:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (BlueIntegraBoy)

USDM or Canadian Si's/SiR's did not come with day time running lights or city lights.

If you want city lights...you have to buy the JDM SiR headlights.

Old 10-16-2007, 05:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Si_chRis)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Si_chRis &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">USDM or Canadian Si's/SiR's did not come with day time running lights or city lights.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

You sure? I thought all Canadian cars came with DRLs, using the H4 bulbs, not the smaller 168 city light bulbs.
Old 10-16-2007, 07:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BlueIntegraBoy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

You sure? I thought all Canadian cars came with DRLs, using the H4 bulbs, not the smaller 168 city light bulbs.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Well, I never seen any EM1's/Civics in the US or Canada with DRL's so I'm pretty sure the Canadian SiR's don't...I might be wrong...IDK.

Edit: Although I think it can be a factory option?
Old 10-16-2007, 07:17 PM
H-T White Ops

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BlueIntegraBoy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">You sure? I thought all Canadian cars came with DRLs, using the H4 bulbs, not the smaller 168 city light bulbs.</TD></TR></TABLE>
I know the US ones don't of course, but I was pretty sure the Canadian Civics do. I know the 1.6ELs have DRLs. I've been wanting to put it on my car.

I want a Canadian EPC so badly.
Old 10-17-2007, 01:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (NOFX)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by NOFX &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
I know the US ones don't of course, but I was pretty sure the Canadian Civics do. I know the 1.6ELs have DRLs. I've been wanting to put it on my car.

I want a Canadian EPC so badly. </TD></TR></TABLE>

None of the EPCs work on Windows Vistas.
Old 10-17-2007, 05:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by jdm_option2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">so i would basically get a silver Si... do they come with the city lights?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yes, the SiR is just the Si but in Silver and I believe it has Kilometers an hour on the cluster instead of MPH. The SiR headlights do NOT have city lights, but unlike the USDM headlights, they do not have an orange reflector in the turn signal area.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Si_chRis &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">USDM or Canadian Si's/SiR's did not come with day time running lights or city lights.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

SiR's do not have city lights. You have to get JDM Civic Type R headlights. I don't believe Japan came out with an SiR.
Old 10-17-2007, 05:53 AM
H-T White Ops

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Re: (EM-One)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EM-One &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Yes, the SiR is just the Si but in Silver and I believe it has Kilometers an hour on the cluster instead of MPH. The SiR headlights do NOT have city lights, but unlike the USDM headlights, they do not have an orange reflector in the turn signal area.

SiR's do not have city lights. You have to get JDM Civic Type R headlights. I don't believe Japan came out with an SiR.</TD></TR></TABLE>
Canadian and Mexican SiRs do not have city lights.

Other SiRs DO have city lights. The thing is, not all SiR headlights are from SiRs. Just like not all SiR bumpers are from SiRs. The headlights (which all '96-'98 Civic headlights in Japan came with city lights - it's not exclusive to the CTR) are the exact same on all models which are not CTRs, save for the design ("96-98" or "99-00").

I've never seen anything about the Canadian or Mexican cars having no amber reflector in the turn signal housing and I suspect you might be getting confused with the European and Japanese headlights which are called SiR headlights (though, like I said, don't have to actually be from an SiR).
Old 10-17-2007, 06:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EM-One &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Yes, the SiR is just the Si but in Silver and I believe it has Kilometers an hour on the cluster instead of MPH. The SiR headlights do NOT have city lights, but unlike the USDM headlights, they do not have an orange reflector in the turn signal area.

SiR's do not have city lights. You have to get JDM Civic Type R headlights. I don't believe Japan came out with an SiR.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I have JDM Stanley SiR headlights on my SI...they have city lights...

No amber reflector...completely chrome housing

If you look closely...you can see the city light socket
Old 10-17-2007, 11:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

clean Si bro.. damn see i get mixed answers so i really dont know ..but im gunna go test drive it friday.. so hopefully i will get the answer.. as far as i know it is in silver.. has a full size spare.. has the sppedometer in KM..and thats about it... if anything i might buy the siR lights on Password with the citylights cuz i saw them on there..
Old 10-17-2007, 11:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I know exactly which SiR you're talking about. It's been up for sale for a while. If it came from Mexico check for matching numbers.
Old 10-17-2007, 12:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EM-One &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

You are getting confused with the JDM SiR (EK4) for the CDM SiR (EM1). The CDM SiR is exactly like the USDM Si but with silver and ABS. Headlights are the same.
Old 10-17-2007, 01:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

except in canada they DO have drl's.
Old 10-17-2007, 01:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Malakai)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Malakai &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">except in canada they DO have drl's. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Thank you. Someone that can confirm me.
Old 10-23-2007, 07:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I second that. Since the 80's or 90s (not 2 sure the exact year) ALL cars in canada are required by law ( well...ministry of transportation law) to have DRL.