Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

99 civic si rebuild any and all ideas welcome

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2011, 10:09 PM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 99 civic si rebuild any and all ideas welcome

What's up H-T.. I'm planning on rebuilding my civic si that was a theft recovery 2 months ago. The b16 is long gone and a d16z took its place for the time being for another month then I'm adding two more cylinders, that's right j swap. They are dime a dozen in my local salvage yards and cheaper then a k swap. The harness is already being made and plan on having my good friend custom fab a cowl hood and reinforce the body for punishment.if timing and money is right I plan on performing a brake,fuel and wire tuck and have the unibody stitched up. I would love to do a ctr 5 lug conversion but do not know at the time due to additional costs. This is where I need your help! I plan to have the car repainted a diff color something unique and way different, the car is currently black which shows swirls and everything else I was thinking slate grey or a lite beige?? Like I said different. The car will have a bone stock body and no si spoiler. Interior will be stock for the time being with ex seats till I find something appealing. To answer questions I already know that will be asked the motor will be the j32a2 with the lsd 6speed manual out of a 03 type s. The car will start its restmod in a week and will post pics of before and during stage. Thanks
Old 11-06-2011, 01:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 99 civic si rebuild any and all ideas welcome

Slate grey. And im curious to see this. You should totally make a build thread ive always wanted to see a j swap in the making.
Old 11-06-2011, 02:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sucks that your car got stolen. It's posts like this that make me buy a '94 DX with a Honda tape deck and keep all the changes hidden under the hood.
Old 11-06-2011, 03:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

lmao, my new (new = EJ) not new like 2011... honda has a tape deck too...
Old 11-06-2011, 11:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

My hood release is broken cause here people just steal your bolt on mods while your asleep. And i take my face plate off every night. Whenever there are some steals around town though i will put a dummy in the front seat to further detour people lol.
Old 11-06-2011, 11:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Dioxine
My hood release is broken cause here people just steal your bolt on mods while your asleep. And i take my face plate off every night. Whenever there are some steals around town though i will put a dummy in the front seat to further detour people lol.
Haha, thats funny and smart bro im now thinking about doing the whole dummie thing too!
Old 11-06-2011, 04:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Yeah I have to because my locks dont work and even if they did ive had my windows broken out so I would rather them take my 60 dollar stereo without my faceplate then break out my window. Im also going to have a hidden fuel cut switch under the seat so if they do.get in and try and steal it they wont even get it started.
Old 11-06-2011, 06:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Here's a funny story, when I got out of college I lived in Jersey City NJ. (if you ever look at a most stolen car list, its #1)

I had a 99 Si when I was there....removable steering wheel, alarm system, and a fuel cut hidden underneath the driver side seat belt, AND I paid for private parking in a fenced in area.

One day I go out to my car....go to the fenced in locked area where my car is supposed to be and it was gone. As I walk back to my place to call the cops, I realize it was parked right in front of my door.
After that, I tried a few more theft deterrents, and they would still move my car around. Id park it in the fenced in area, Id find it 3 blocks away. I park it near my place on the right side of the street, they'd move it to the left side of the street.

I never found out who "they" that were moving it was, I did find out though that If they wanted it, nothing was going to keep them from taking it. Had it 4 years, never got swiped, except when they wanted to move it. In a way, it was almost like they were protecting it, or at least they were the only ones who could steal it, but didnt want it.

who knows
Old 11-06-2011, 06:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by redm3turbo
Here's a funny story, when I got out of college I lived in Jersey City NJ. (if you ever look at a most stolen car list, its #1)

I had a 99 Si when I was there....removable steering wheel, alarm system, and a fuel cut hidden underneath the driver side seat belt, AND I paid for private parking in a fenced in area.

One day I go out to my car....go to the fenced in locked area where my car is supposed to be and it was gone. As I walk back to my place to call the cops, I realize it was parked right in front of my door.
After that, I tried a few more theft deterrents, and they would still move my car around. Id park it in the fenced in area, Id find it 3 blocks away. I park it near my place on the right side of the street, they'd move it to the left side of the street.

I never found out who "they" that were moving it was, I did find out though that If they wanted it, nothing was going to keep them from taking it. Had it 4 years, never got swiped, except when they wanted to move it. In a way, it was almost like they were protecting it, or at least they were the only ones who could steal it, but didnt want it.

who knows
haha thats awesome.
Old 11-06-2011, 06:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

who knows
Thats the funniest thing i have ever read on here lmao
Old 11-06-2011, 06:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

you think thats funny, you shouldve seen me walking around bleepin my $500 car alarm to locate the sound to find my car....

Sucks when your car alarm is doing nothing more then acting as a homing device for your search...

Better then nothing though, lol.
Old 11-06-2011, 06:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

you think thats funny, you shouldve seen me walking around bleepin my $500 car alarm to locate the sound to find my car....
LMAO omg can i put this as my signature thats some funny *** ****
Old 11-07-2011, 09:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Yeah man I hate thiefs and theyll take your car if they really want it bro nothing could stop them I would feel my brains go into my *** if they ever stole mine lol

I wish I had a helicopter that would target all the thiefs and In a click of a button kill all thiefs!
Old 11-07-2011, 09:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

Yeah I have to because my locks dont work and even if they did ive had my windows broken out so I would rather them take my 60 dollar stereo without my faceplate then break out my window. Im also going to have a hidden fuel cut switch under the seat so if they do.get in and try and steal it they wont even get it started.
don't put the fuel cut switch under your seat. that's going to be the first place they'll look. don't put it in an obvious place. do some creative thinking and come up with a good place.
with a fuel cut off switch they will start it, it will run for a few seconds, and then it will die. then they'll be like "obviously there's a fuel cut off switch" and they'll spend a little time looking for it. they aren't stupid.
Old 11-07-2011, 09:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

but i'd love to see a build thread on this.
Old 11-07-2011, 01:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

LMAO omg can i put this as my signature thats some funny *** ****
by all means...

and, where's these swap pics....?
Old 11-08-2011, 05:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Kohen
don't put the fuel cut switch under your seat. that's going to be the first place they'll look. don't put it in an obvious place. do some creative thinking and come up with a good place.
with a fuel cut off switch they will start it, it will run for a few seconds, and then it will die. then they'll be like "obviously there's a fuel cut off switch" and they'll spend a little time looking for it. they aren't stupid.
The car is parked right outside my window and its loud as hell. I will be awake and outside before they get it started a second time. And there are 3 switches under the seat. You have to flip 2 up and one down or it wont start.

And i also and wanting to see some build pics
Old 11-08-2011, 05:34 AM
no one wants to hear the truth

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Paint it lite beige and put burberry fabric all over the interior
So when u drive around u can stick your nose up bcuz you're bouji as hell
Old 11-11-2011, 09:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

The car is parked right outside my window and its loud as hell. I will be awake and outside before they get it started a second time. And there are 3 switches under the seat. You have to flip 2 up and one down or it wont start.

And i also and wanting to see some build pics
i see. fake/decoy switches are always good. the thief will think they have found the switch when they really haven't!
Old 11-13-2011, 01:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

who knows
Hell I've done that plenty of times. If I ever see my buddy's car in a parking lot anywhere, he'll never find it where he left it, haha.