Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

99 Civic EX Intermittent ABS light with no AC/heating blower

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2013, 03:55 PM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 99 Civic EX Intermittent ABS light with no AC/heating blower

Hey guys

This seems like a very helpful site. Within the past week, my rock-solid civic has started to exhibit a weird occurrence. Roughly every 5 starts or so, the ABS light stays on and the heater/AC blower doesn't work at all. I have had an issue with the ABS light before...but I got the brake fluid changed and cleared the code 6 months ago from a mechanic, and there hasn't been an issue since. I am more concerned with the lack of blower than the ABS...I can't imagine driving without defrost or heat in the winter or AC in the summer. Are these two things related...ABS and blower? Like do they share the same power source or fuse or something? Everything else seems to work when the problem occurs...radio, horn, power windows all work. Just no blower and an ABC light that stays lit. If I shut the car off and start again, it seems to work again. It has been pretty cold here lately...like in the teens. Not sure if that is a contributing factor or not.

I had the battery checked at Checker (O'Reiley) and they said it was fine...the alternator test passed as well.

Please send some love to a non-mechanical new-be and give me some advice on what to do!