Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

98 trim Civic Type R Foglight Install Instructions Directions

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2006, 01:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 98 trim Civic Type R Foglight Install Instructions Directions

I couldn't find the directions for this specific car anywhere on the net, so I thought I'd do a writeup with pictures. Sorry if I leave some simple things out, but the hard to find stuff is here.

I release all responsibilities, as you will follow my instructions at your own risk.

1. Remove Bumper (figure this one out, pretty simple).
2. Cut out slots from "grille" using a dremel.
3. Install brackets on bumper with 2 provided screws and 2 brackets per side. Be sure to go ahead and screw in the long screw horizontally.
4. Mount Foglights to brackets.

From the Front:

5. Now you have to play detective and find the OEM fog light harness that is already on the car. It is between the Windshield washer resevior and the frame. It is a single plug with a blue wire.

6. Run the foglight harness along the front of the frame using the provided wire ties, and plug in the single plug to the harness on the car. Use the ground bolt that is holding the washer fluid bottle towards the front of the car.
7. Mock the bumper up, and plug in the foglights to the harness. Now move to the inside.

8. Once inside, remove the lower dash knee panel under the steering wheel. Pop out your current switch plug.
9. Look above and behind the fuse box for that blue wire and single plug just like the one outside. It is hard to find but I promise it is there. Plug the switch harness (female plug) into that plug.

10. Plug in the relay to the harness.
11. Now you should have the ground and 2 other male plugs left. Plug the White wire (the fattest one) into the 1st auxillary slot to the left on the fusebox. Plug the Red wire into the second auxillary slot.

12. Run the harness through the hole for the switch. Ground the harness at a convenient bolt on the left side of the car.

Turn on your parking/running lights, and push the button... Wallah!

Don't forget to put your car back together.
Old 07-27-2006, 01:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 98 trim Civic Type R Foglight Install Instructions Directions (hpflyingteg)

u don't have to take off the bumper
Old 07-27-2006, 01:28 PM

Default Re: 98 trim Civic Type R Foglight Install Instructions Directions (kcsracing)

It makes it a lot easier to cut out the flaps.