Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

98 Honda EX Questions

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2004, 08:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 98 Honda EX Questions

Question #1: I installed a new intake on my car and I cant get the old Intake Scilencer off because i dont know how to hold of it. I know where it is, but it seems the wheel well is in the way to grap it below the care, and above the car.

Question #2: I got a new pair of front end lights for my car, but I was looking at the setup today and I cat get the old lights to come out, what is holding them it? I unscreewed all the bolts holding the light to the bumper, but still wont budge, and clue why?
Old 06-28-2004, 08:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: 98 Honda EX Questions (waterboy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by waterboy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Question #1: I installed a new intake on my car and I cant get the old Intake Scilencer off because i dont know how to hold of it. I know where it is, but it seems the wheel well is in the way to grap it below the care, and above the car.

Question #2: I got a new pair of front end lights for my car, but I was looking at the setup today and I cat get the old lights to come out, what is holding them it? I unscreewed all the bolts holding the light to the bumper, but still wont budge, and clue why?</TD></TR></TABLE>

First off, your spelling and grammar are terrible and it's a little difficult to answer when you don't take the time to enter your post correctly. The ******* in me set aside I'll give it a shot...

#1. You might have to take the inner fender well off, possibly having to remove the front bumper, and then remove all brackets, bolts, etc.
#2. There are 2 bolts on the top of the headlights (brackets) and there are two bolts/screws attached to the fenders and the headlight support bracket. To get to these, you'll have to remove the front bumper. Bolts on the front side of the fenders, 4-5 bolts underneath around the splash guard, and the plastic screw clips from the radiator support.

Hope this helps...
Old 06-28-2004, 09:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 98 Honda EX Questions

your gonna have to remove your bumper to be able to take your resonator off, and then you'll have to take out your fenderwell liners to be able to get to the other bolts.
Old 06-28-2004, 10:46 PM

i have a 98 ex... it was easy to put it on, just more time consuming than i wanted... but rather than try to squeeze things around, i just jacked the car up, took of the right front wheel, took the bumper off, and i undid a little bit of the fender well and pulled it back just enough to reach the bolt i needed... then it was simple... everything just slid right out and i bolted the new intake up and put the bumper and wheel back on...

good luck
Old 06-28-2004, 11:17 PM

will this mean i also will need to take off my front side panels or can they stay on?

reply to imk:
i had no problem putting it on, took about 30minutes... but this intake silencer is a beotch, ill prolly want a EIS system, so i figure i should take it off now. but i think your way of doing things takes to long.. rather not talk off the tire(s) is possible.
but thanks
Old 06-28-2004, 11:44 PM

well im not sure which intake youre putting on... i put an aem cold air intake on mine... and it had to go down into the bumper... so it was just best and easier for me to jack up the car and everything... i 'had' to remove the bottom resonator and everything...

it took about 30 minutes for me... its pretty easy to take the bumper off... its like 7 plastic caps, 2 screws, and 3 bolts... and the wheel? 4 lugnuts... its not difficult, hehe
Old 06-29-2004, 09:32 AM

Default Re: (imk)

i have the InJen right now, but ill prolly be buying a cold air extention in the next few months.