Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

98 ek wire tuck....i need help!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2013, 03:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Icon2 98 ek wire tuck....i need help!!

First off im new here. Ive used this site for 2 years and i just now registered. Im dumb i know. But put all that aside

My question is...ive seen the treads on here about tucking bays and i cant find one thats like a true d.i.y. I started on the right side and made it all the way to the fuse box. What to do with it is the question...
Old 02-04-2013, 05:24 AM
If you loved me, you'd all sell me your magic cards to me today

Default Re: 98 ek wire tuck....i need help!!

google.
Old 02-04-2013, 05:47 AM
been there done that

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

there is no DIY because everybody does things differently. start getting creative and figure **** out.
Old 02-04-2013, 06:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by doood
there is no DIY because everybody does things differently. start getting creative and figure **** out.
That's harsh. Although you make a valid point, there has to be a nicer way to put it!
Old 02-04-2013, 06:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by weavertime1
That's harsh. Although you make a valid point, there has to be a nicer way to put it!
there are many ways of wire tucking. As for the fusebox, most ppl relocate them into the cabin.
Old 02-04-2013, 07:08 AM
If you loved me, you'd all sell me your magic cards to me today

Originally Posted by weavertime1
HT is all about tough love.
Old 02-04-2013, 07:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

im working on my wire tuck mine is an eg hatch shouldnt be too different though. are u planning ok keeping your ac and heater? i removed mine and it makes it way easier. also dont start clipping wires you can do a wire tuck and not have to cut any of the wires.
Old 02-04-2013, 09:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

The easiest spot to put the fusebox is in the glovebox If your tucking the battery at the same time, i would suggest to put in in the front bumper on the passenger side.

Then run a +wire to the starter->a wire from starter to the glovebox +position->alternator wire to fusebox alternator position

Then i would suggest to undo the plastic and tape that holds all the wires inn on the fusebox side, so you can get the headlight wires out on their own. As you are doing this you can tuck the headlight harness at the same point, the "easiest" way of doing this is just pulling it out the doorloom hole and inside the inner fender. Just cut a hole in the rubber in the front loom and use silicone do make it water tight again!

No wire cutting needed.
Old 02-04-2013, 10:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Lol i understand the tough love. And i understand everyone does it different. I ran the harness to the headlight/radiator into the fender. Im gonna put the battery in the trunk
I was just wondering if there is like a best place. I like the glove box idea.
nd i was thinking near the ecu. I was just wondering a more or less how...

But thanks everyone for the info. Ill post pics of my car soon
Old 02-04-2013, 11:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

If you are going to do the battery in the trunk it's actually easier wiring it up to the fusebox and just pulling 1 wire to the starter

Yeah, you could also put it near the ECU, but then again maybe some long legged freak will kick against it when you drive spirited! But i think if your putting it there there are some unused holes you could bolt at least one mount to.
In the glovebox there will be the same, with one bolt fitment and maybe drilling trough the plastic on the rear of the glovebox or using some strong double sided tape.

What kinda battery are you using? Remember you need ventilation if you are using a acid battery!

And for gods sake, secure it properly in your trunk, you don't want to crash and have a battery flying around inside!

Good luck man
Old 02-04-2013, 11:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Animefun
If you are going to do the battery in the trunk it's actually easier wiring it up to the fusebox and just pulling 1 wire to the starter

Yeah, you could also put it near the ECU, but then again maybe some long legged freak will kick against it when you drive spirited! But i think if your putting it there there are some unused holes you could bolt at least one mount to.
In the glovebox there will be the same, with one bolt fitment and maybe drilling trough the plastic on the rear of the glovebox or using some strong double sided tape.

What kinda battery are you using? Remember you need ventilation if you are using a acid battery!

And for gods sake, secure it properly in your trunk, you don't want to crash and have a battery flying around inside!

Good luck man

lol dont worry i did this in my integra. i make my own false floor in the trunk cut a hole out and drop it in a welded box i did. then i made it to bolt a tie down kit to it. and no its not a normal battery. a yellow top is a dry cell so it can be mounted upside down if needed.

and i definitely think i will put the fuse box in the glove box.
Old 02-04-2013, 12:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Yeah, i am running a PC680 so i know how many weird positions you can mount it in! Haha

If you want some clean starter to fusebox and alternator to fusebox wires in your bay, hit up Rywire and buy his kit, he got a braided loom and everything for your sexy bay

I also bought my battery power and ground wires from Wire-Worx for that sexyness and braided loom!

I guess you already have flipped your booster and tucked the throttle wire? And that basic clutch line and fuel line tuck!
Old 02-04-2013, 12:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Animefun
Yeah, i am running a PC680 so i know how many weird positions you can mount it in! Haha

If you want some clean starter to fusebox and alternator to fusebox wires in your bay, hit up Rywire and buy his kit, he got a braided loom and everything for your sexy bay

I also bought my battery power and ground wires from Wire-Worx for that sexyness and braided loom!

I guess you already have flipped your booster and tucked the throttle wire? And that basic clutch line and fuel line tuck!

nope i have done neither. the only thing i have done right now is get rid of all the unneeded brackets and tucked the right side up to the fuse box. ill post a pic of what it looks like now
Old 02-04-2013, 12:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Old 02-04-2013, 12:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

heres what it looks like on the outside

Old 02-04-2013, 12:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

lol, that intake man. car is sick
Old 02-04-2013, 01:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Caddiman
lol, that intake man. car is sick
lol dont worry i got a y8 manifold. but im not putting it on till i get everything. i got a built y8 head and im gonna put a new clutch in. when i do all that the bay is getting painted and everything will be set right. but i was just to eager to put the pwdjdm one on ;p