Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

98 Civic...need to get some stuff rewired..Dome light, CD player, chime, power lock

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2013, 10:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 98 Civic...need to get some stuff rewired..Dome light, CD player, chime, power lock

98 civic ex coupe

hey everyone,
ok...my dome dosent work since i pulled my factory radio out. didn't pull the code either but oh well. anyway..i read on a site..at work so i cant source it quickly, and saw i needed to hook 2 wires up from one of my harnesses. not needing the colors or anything, just want to know if i cut them from the connector and just tie em together and if it would still be on the switch for when my door opens. I really miss my dome light.

stock cd player...Mine has the factory cd player separate from the radio and i was wandering if i can jump it to turn it on to get a cd out..or what? I have a cd stuck and it wasent hooked up when i bought the car..wopuld like to get the cd out just to see what it is. do these have the little hole for a paerclip or something??

door chime..is there a fuse I can pull to kill that??

driver door lock...is it on purpose, that I can't lock the driver door except with the key?

thanks folks
Old 02-19-2013, 04:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 98 Civic...need to get some stuff rewired..Dome light, CD player, chime, power lo

*bump*
Old 02-19-2013, 04:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 98 Civic...need to get some stuff rewired..Dome light, CD player, chime, power lo

Originally Posted by dseriesboulder
98 civic ex coupe

hey everyone,
ok...my dome dosent work since i pulled my factory radio out. didn't pull the code either but oh well. anyway..i read on a site..at work so i cant source it quickly, and saw i needed to hook 2 wires up from one of my harnesses. not needing the colors or anything, just want to know if i cut them from the connector and just tie em together and if it would still be on the switch for when my door opens. I really miss my dome light.

stock cd player...Mine has the factory cd player separate from the radio and i was wandering if i can jump it to turn it on to get a cd out..or what? I have a cd stuck and it wasent hooked up when i bought the car..wopuld like to get the cd out just to see what it is. do these have the little hole for a paerclip or something??

door chime..is there a fuse I can pull to kill that??

driver door lock...is it on purpose, that I can't lock the driver door except with the key?

thanks folks
i know about door chime that you have to physically unplug it. if im not mistaken its behind the fuse box.
Old 02-19-2013, 04:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

thanks man. im gonna go try to find it tonight and pull it out. hate the chime but I miss the crap out of my dome light. what's it look like? is it an actual chime or is it a fuse or something?
Old 02-19-2013, 05:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by dseriesboulder
thanks man. im gonna go try to find it tonight and pull it out. hate the chime but I miss the crap out of my dome light. what's it look like? is it an actual chime or is it a fuse or something?
when installed aftermarket cd player ,i left mine oem in . just tapped in power and speakers . , i heard people hide oem radio somewhere and run wires for aftermarket radio . Because dome light goes thru oem radio weird .
Old 02-19-2013, 05:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

for chime , google civic chime door open , there is plenty of video and tutorials how to do it