Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

'97 HB price?

Old 01-04-2008, 08:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '97 HB price?

I just came by a '97 STOCK civic HB, pwr windows manual trans.

The price asked is apprx. $4500 with currency change from Omani Rials (Oman is the middle eastern country I live in).

The Civic is completely stock with full service history. Its having a 1.6L SOHC Vtec engine.

From my exp. of living in this country, this is the first HB Civic i have seen which is stock and clean. the only thing wrong with it is the door handle of the driver's door from outside, its broken so the car has to be entered from passenger side from outside. other than that its very clean, a pleasure to drive.

Is the asking price good? if not then how should it be priced?
Old 01-04-2008, 08:06 AM

Default Re: '97 HB price? (rivalbro)

thats not bad, how many KM/miles?
Old 01-04-2008, 08:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: '97 HB price? (neebie)

doh! din't look at that!! I will try to get that!
Old 01-04-2008, 08:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: '97 HB price? (rivalbro)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by rivalbro &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I just came by a '97 STOCK civic HB, pwr windows manual trans.

The price asked is apprx. $4500 with currency change from Omani Rials (Oman is the middle eastern country I live in).

The Civic is completely stock with full service history. Its having a 1.6L SOHC Vtec engine.

From my exp. of living in this country, this is the first HB Civic i have seen which is stock and clean. the only thing wrong with it is the door handle of the driver's door from outside, its broken so the car has to be entered from passenger side from outside. other than that its very clean, a pleasure to drive.

Is the asking price good? if not then how should it be priced?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Seems a bit high.

As neebie said, what's the mileage on it?

I would say 4k - though you do gotta realize you just can't compare currency from here to there. Car prices change with the nation it's in as the demand goes up (or down).

I mean think about it this way: When I was in Japan I saw tons of the mid-late 90's used Skylines for 800,000-1mil yen (about 8k to 10k our money) - over here you would pay a ****-ton more than $8k for a skyline, even if it was already imported, assigned a VIN, passed US Emissions, etc. etc.

What are other hatches going for in your area?
Old 01-04-2008, 08:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: '97 HB price? (Syndacate)

the EG hatches prices are from $800 to $1800, but that car doesnt have much demand here, as u can't find one without an accident or ugly mods done on it. and also, EG hatches which came to this country were all carburators not even one was here with PGM-fi.

EK HB's, i asked about 6 months ago, and was given a price of about $6500, that was heavily modded, not performance, just looks, in other words, riced up. with a sound system and it was just not worth it with its heavy rims and all so i passed.

this one is stock and i fell in love with it. a stock civic is very hard to find here!!

'97 sedans are also sold at similar prices like $4500 to $6000. HBs are rare also.