Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

97 ek hatch, where to get tie rod ends??? not a power steering rack, where u buy ends?

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2007, 11:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 97 ek hatch, where to get tie rod ends??? not a power steering rack, where u buy ends?

i have a question for anyone who ever needed to purchase inner tie rod ends before. now most of the civics came from the factory with power steering, so naturally if you need them u drop by your local auto store and pick them up. well my problem is that i do not have a power steering rack, it came from the factory with no power steering, and i was told the steering racks take different inner tie rod ends if it isnt a power steering rack. now at any auto parts store, it only prings up one part, it dosent ask wether or not it has power steering. What should i do? is there really a difference between them? and has anyone else had this problem??
Old 02-07-2007, 01:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: 97 ek hatch, where to get tie rod ends??? not a power steering rack, where u buy ends? (starcros

I would say go to a local Honda Parts Department. What year/model Civic do you have?