Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

97 Civic A/C Problems

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2007, 12:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 97 Civic A/C Problems

This is for my mother. She has a 97 Civic with two hundred something thousand miles and the A/C is dead. It first started with the two lowest fan speeds DOA and now the whole system seems DOA. I need to find a schematic for the A/C system since there are so many sensors in the system. Honda systems are much more complicated than domestic ones. My father and I intend to fix it since they do cost a great deal to fix. I will greatly appreciate any help I can get, and so does my father since he has to live with her through a south GA summer. Hot and humid is not a new weight loss plan, though I could probably market it and make millions.
Old 06-16-2007, 12:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: 97 Civic A/C Problems (tigriss)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by tigriss &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">This is for my mother. She has a 97 Civic with two hundred something thousand miles and the A/C is dead. It first started with the two lowest fan speeds DOA and now the whole system seems DOA. I need to find a schematic for the A/C system since there are so many sensors in the system. Honda systems are much more complicated than domestic ones. My father and I intend to fix it since they do cost a great deal to fix. I will greatly appreciate any help I can get, and so does my father since he has to live with her through a south GA summer. Hot and humid is not a new weight loss plan, though I could probably market it and make millions. </TD></TR></TABLE>

http://www.thehondapartsstore....ch=no

my suggestion to you is, take it to a shop. have them do the hardest part and trouble shoot the system. just pay them to find out what the problem is, the you replace it yourself. it still comes out alot cheaper than allowing them to repair the a/c.

trouble shooting a/c can be difficult and frustrating.

Old 06-16-2007, 05:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: 97 Civic A/C Problems (tigriss)

Do you mean the fan doesnt run at 2 fan speeds?