Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

96 b18c swap.... 92 vx.... runs like absolute S**T

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2006, 11:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 96 b18c swap.... 92 vx.... runs like absolute S**T

alrite so the car runs like absolute crap after the car is warmed up.... like when its cold and the motor is in open loop my car runs strong like wut a b18 in a civic is supposed to feel like but it also doesnt hold idlle to well its holds it at like 1 then fluctuates... but when my car reaches normal temperature... it runs like absolute crap... BUT thats only when i go pass 1/4 throttle... if i stop and run it through 1st then 2nd i can hold it at 1/4 throttle and go through the rpm's just fine but a little more then quarter throttle... then my car just bogs to s**t.... it also makes this "TWEETING noise" (bogging at the same time) i can usually hear by the throttle body "area"... all this when i go past 1/4 throttle... there for it runs like **** when its in closed loop... so i come to search that maybe it might have something to do with the purge sensor.... cause im pretty sure that i have a 95 ls wire harness or something.... its got all of the all the plugs just no vtec plugs (the person i bought the car from added them in).... so do you guys think that if i get the purge solenoid to work will that maybe solve this problem and the tweeting noise..????
BUT WAIT!!!!
there's more i've also noticed that its running a d-series altenator (yeah!!! i was like WTF!!!) but this guy kinda like just made a custom mount using a couple nuts and bolts... and to what i beleive a d-series altenator bracket ha nuckig futs i geuss the b18 altenator wouldnt fit.... <--- problems maybe????
ANDDDD
my car eats up so so so much f***ing GAS (and its driving me f****ing crazv)
i just put in a new bosch oxygen universal sensor.... yes i pluged it right dont worry
oh yes and my 5inch autogauge tach sucks as well.... is it the tach or something else in my system of mess???? stock tach works just fine..... i dont get it
yeah.... i gots problems but 2100 bucks wasnt too bad just need to trouble shoot somethings....
i posted all that cause it mite all be connected withing one...
Old 12-09-2006, 12:11 AM

Default Re: 96 b18c swap.... 92 vx.... runs like absolute S**T (R_type)

check your TPS and MAP sensors but deff sounds like a issue in the electrical system. if you got a DVOM pull it out and start testing sensors and signal voltages. just make sure when doing resistance to unplug the sensor from the ecu wiring because the signal sent out by the DVOM may damage the ECU. good luck
Old 12-09-2006, 05:55 PM

Default Re: 96 b18c swap.... 92 vx.... runs like absolute S**T (R_type)

hmmm anyone else ttt
Old 12-09-2006, 06:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

any CEL's?
Old 12-09-2006, 08:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: (spooncivic1)

Yeah, I suggest basic trouble-shooting. Fuel pressure would probably be one of the first things I check. Then basic tuneup stuff, timing and so forth.

You don't need the purge solenoid for it to run right and if you hook it up wrong, you'll cause problems. Disconnect and plug every non-essential vacuum line to the manifold and then test drive the car. I'd only hook up the FPR and the PCV. Plug the rest. Sounds like you're sucking fuel right out of the tank through the evap emissions system.