Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

95 Eg Civic No swaybars....independent suspension??

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2007, 11:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 95 Eg Civic No swaybars....independent suspension??

I was changing my coilovers to springs and noticed there are no swaybars in front or rear. Does this mean i have independent suspension??? How can i stiffen my suspension up? Im also having problems with the car "swaying" after hitting small dips and turning.

Sorry for my ignorance, i just need some more info on how this damn suspension works and how to make this work more efficient.
Old 08-31-2007, 12:04 PM

If you want swaybars just go to the salvage yard itll be way cheap. Just ask for the integra bars. You will need the lower control arms from the integra also. Up here you can get the whole lot F&R for about a hondo including arms. If you want general suspension info go to howstuffworks.com. Good luck.
Old 08-31-2007, 12:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 95 Eg Civic No swaybars....independent suspension?? (LunarEclipse)

The sway you're feeling when you hit small bumps is called bump steer. Don't lower the car to much. Coilovers are primarily for corner weighting the vehicle for race purposes or for show only purposes. Is it like someone grabbed the wheel and made you turn while you're cruising at 50? That's bump steer. A nice was to avoid bump steer and drop the car is with a drop spindle. A company named Ryane motorsports used to make them, but they went out of business. Shorter springs only cost about $150-200 and the drop spindle was $550 for the pair. If your interested in a nice suspension set up contact HTMOTORSPORTS and see if they can't help you with a drop spindle. They bought the stuff from Ryane. They also offer a 'superlink' for the rear suspension. Goggle this stuff and you'll start to understand how nice things could be.......but oh, there's that damn thing called money. I don't have any so I only have some shocks and springs on my car. A friend of mine has a 92 hatch and has a nice set up with a Type R rear sway bar. It came with a nice aluminum bolt on bracket which attaches to the rear subframe.
Good Luck.
Old 08-31-2007, 09:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 95 Eg Civic No swaybars....independent suspension?? (RIZOBIZERT)

ok, so what if i buy an aftermarket integra lower control arm (like skunk2) and the swaybar (also skunk2), will this be a direct bolt on??

Gratefully, money is not too much of a problem, but how much am i looking at spending if i put this package together and how much of a difference should i be looking forward to?? Is it worth the money or am i wasting my time with this idea?? Im tired of only being able to hit a turn at 20mph without my sideskirts dragging....

Oh and what year integra do i have to pull these from in order for this to work??
Old 08-31-2007, 11:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

If money is not a problem, then you should get ITR front and ITR rear sway bar with subframe.
Old 08-31-2007, 11:21 PM
* B A N N E D *

i have JDM ITR 22mm rear sway bars for $80 picked up or $100 shipped, +$20 for JDM ITR 98 spec 23mm rear sway bar
Old 08-31-2007, 11:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 95 Eg Civic No swaybars....independent suspension?? (n1_egsex)

i'm interested in f and r sway bars too. What kinda subframe do i need? if i am going for jdm itr rear sway bar. What kind of sway bar do i need if i am going to run asr subframe?
Old 09-01-2007, 11:48 AM
HT White Ops

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You do realize we have independent no matter what swaybars we utilize ... right?

There are four dampening units acting upon their own accord without input from another source. Even with a swaybar, unless you create a solid link, you still have four-wheel independent suspension.

This is the kind of thread that just didn't need to made.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by LunarEclipse &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Sorry for my ignorance, i just need some more info on how this damn suspension works and how to make this work more efficient.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Judging by your level of knowledge, you wouldn't know how to make your suspension work efficiently if you tried.
Old 09-01-2007, 08:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Eran)

Judging by your comment, it seems to me even if I could create the perfect suspension then you would still talk cr*p....

Old 09-01-2007, 08:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

What's the diffence between the ITR swaybars and Skunk2??
Old 09-01-2007, 10:17 PM
HT White Ops

Default Re: (LunarEclipse)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by LunarEclipse &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Judging by your comment, it seems to me even if I could create the perfect suspension then you would still talk cr*p....

</TD></TR></TABLE>

No, if you knew what you were talking about, I wouldn't have posted in your thread.
Old 09-02-2007, 12:01 AM

Default Re: 95 Eg Civic No swaybars....independent suspension?? (Rikaro)

Sway bars will help your car corner better. When you take a turn at speed, say turning right, the weight of your car will shift to the left, causing the right side tires to have less down force on them.

A sway bar counters that force by causing the right side to be forced down, giving you more traction. In theory at least.

Now, a big front sway bar will make your car tend to understeer. (look it up if you dont know what that is) You should be looking for a medium size front bar, an ex/si front bar is about right. Some will say a bigger one, thats your call to make. I have a bigger one, I like it all right. Anyway.

The rear bar should be big. It will cause your cars rear end to come out in a turn. (Oversteer). Our cars tend to understeer alot, by way of their FWD design, so you want more oversteer. A Type R bar is perfect, but our cars were not designed for the stresses of such a large bar (22-23 mm). If you go bigger than a 14mm bar, you need to reinforce the rear subframe of your car. The ASR subframe brace is hands down the best way to go. Look it up. You need the ASR brace to run a big sway bar.

There, any questions children?
Old 09-02-2007, 12:30 AM
HT White Ops

Default Re: 95 Eg Civic No swaybars....independent suspension?? (sol2hatch)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sol2hatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> There, any questions children?</TD></TR></TABLE>

I didn't have a question.
Old 09-02-2007, 09:15 AM

Default Re: 95 Eg Civic No swaybars....independent suspension?? (Eran)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Eran &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I didn't have a question. </TD></TR></TABLE>

I know, it was for the uniformed
Old 09-02-2007, 09:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

independent suspension arent connected from side to side like with a solid axle that goes from one wheel to the other. For example my pt cruiser has a dead axle in the rear. it is a straight axle with shocks and spring perches as opposed to a macpherson strut assembly. Hope i made that clear. Just google independent suspensions.