Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

95 Del Sol VTEC Torque

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2007, 08:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 95 Del Sol VTEC Torque

Getting one next Fri, it's 100% stock currently. Problem is I can't find the torque online and I don't want to do a damn test just to find it. I need to know so I can calculate the average rate of acceleration and decide whether to go with a super or a turbo. Anybody know what it is? From all the numbers I've seen so far I'm thinking I'll go with a super to pull it out of 1 and 2 faster and make better use of it's great weight to HP ratio. AKA try to win at the beginning of the quarter mile then maintain, not whip past in the end.

Also, invader style carbon hood and front bumper, BC back and side skirts, M1 fenders, some undecided style of carbon fiber spoiler...... any thoughts? Cars black so the carbon fiber meshes color wise, not sure what I may use as an accent color though, Im thinking white
Old 06-08-2007, 08:57 PM

Default Re: 95 Del Sol VTEC Torque (RisenAngel)

Given you a heads up, hope you wore a firesuit.
Old 06-08-2007, 08:58 PM
Ek Forever y0!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

You have a lot to learn.

Del sols handle like *** out of the box. And are heavier than most 5th and 6th gen hatches.

There's a reason 99.9% of the 4 banger community using turbos instead of superchargers.
Old 06-08-2007, 09:00 PM
HT White Ops

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It's got a B16A .... the torque is 3.2 ft-lbs

111 ft-lb @ 7000
Old 06-08-2007, 09:08 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RisenAngel &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Getting one next Fri, it's 100% stock currently. Problem is I can't find the torque online and I don't want to do a damn test just to find it. I need to know so I can calculate the average rate of acceleration and decide whether to go with a super or a turbo. Anybody know what it is? From all the numbers I've seen so far I'm thinking I'll go with a super to pull it out of 1 and 2 faster and make better use of it's great weight to HP ratio. AKA try to win at the beginning of the quarter mile then maintain, not whip past in the end.

Also, invader style carbon hood and front bumper, BC back and side skirts, M1 fenders, some undecided style of carbon fiber spoiler...... any thoughts? Cars black so the carbon fiber meshes color wise, not sure what I may use as an accent color though, Im thinking white</TD></TR></TABLE>

god, please no. i actually like del sol vtecs as my buddy has one. just dont.
Old 06-08-2007, 09:12 PM

thanks eran, was trying to find that forever. I absolutely suck at looking these things up.

Apparently there aren't too many Del Sol fans huh? I love the way it handles, a bit sluggish and tends to float but I never had any problems controlling one. I also haven't had the chance to drive a VTEC or take it onto the track, I guess only time will tell
Old 06-08-2007, 09:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Body kits are for movies and bad MTV videos.

Superchargers are for V8's that don't know any better, or all-motor guys who don't want to rev.

The difference isn't what you think - its lag vs marginal power gains. I'd say go with a turbo and a loud bov - you'll be able to appease the racer as well as the ricer in you. And by loud bov, I mean loud as ******* hell, cause i suspect you have a LOT of ricer in you

As far as the motor goes, b16's are good for the ***-dyno. Vtec kicks in loud, and for whatever reason torque jumps a good 10lb/ft, but its usually the tranny and the chassis that make it 'fun'.
Old 06-08-2007, 09:21 PM

Default Re: (srehtorblos)

And make sure your blow off valve releases the air under your passenger side fender so when you drive by a girl in a skirt you can **** her off.
Old 06-09-2007, 05:07 AM
Ek Forever y0!

Default Re: (Jhonny Ricer)

It's not at all that we don't like Del Sols.

Function &gt; form

And body kits don't serve much of a purpose, at least my fogs let me see better
Old 06-09-2007, 07:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

just put a lip on her, and call her done...that's what a del sol has goin for her...removeable top and good looks...
if you're goin FI in a four-banger...I'd go with turbo

the VTEC came with the best handling package, so its better off than the s or si...
you just need to put a drop on her and she'll look sweet
Old 06-09-2007, 01:00 PM

Default Re: (ek forever guy)

your right, body kits dont do a thing and function over form any day. I love the way they look though and they dont subtract a thing from the cars speed anyways. I may do a marginal drop and use the lip as suggested though, much more classy looking I admit then what I usually like (AKA riceresqu X_x )

And HIprof, trust me I know turbos nail it in the long run. But when your doing 15- seconds down the quarter mile the long run doesn't count for ****. That lag is death on a sprint man. That's the only reason I'm thinking going super, it eliminates the extra HP lag which makes up for a 4 banger's lack of torque, and although marginally, does speed it up in the higher gears too. Problem is that if I can't jump them damn battys in the getgo I dont have much of a chance to take the lead after that.
Old 06-09-2007, 01:05 PM
Ek Forever y0!

Default Re: (RisenAngel)

If turbo lag was such a problem, why does everyone and their mom use turbos on their four cylinder?

Old 06-09-2007, 01:34 PM

I understand that turbo is the more popular for a reason, but the fact that it exists is undeniable. Every bumbaclot whose driven them both can feel the difference, it's just turbos give so much of a more respectable top speed than a super can
Old 06-09-2007, 01:36 PM
Ek Forever y0!

Default Re: (RisenAngel)

Which is where 4 cylinders live, 4000-9000 rpms.

Definately a difference. I don't like the unadjustability factor of SC's, for a daily it's ruthless. I drove my uncles SC harley truck for a few months, man, talk about a rough driving experience.

Old 06-09-2007, 01:40 PM

Granted, you make a good point. But I'm talking trying to tackle the quarter mile, so a super counters the main disadvantage of a 4 banger and gets it to the higher RPMs faster........ you know the more I think on it the more I think you may be right. I'm number crunching and not liking the results much

and yes, they do make for a rass daily
Old 06-09-2007, 03:18 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ek forever guy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I don't like the unadjustability factor of SC's, for a daily it's ruthless. I drove my uncles SC harley truck for a few months, man, talk about a rough driving experience. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Strange - JRSC's are incredibly linear, and easier to control and tune. I think they're better for DD's - you can dip into the power without reving to 5k in 30mph speed zones. Now, I'm talking about chipped ECU installs - FMU controlled SC's are pretty unruly at times, I agree.

That said, if you want times and power - you'll need to go turbo. No way around it. As for the B16 - even with a turbo bolted on, it'll feel like an SOHC below 4k rpms. If you got the $$$, and looking for ultimate racing - drop a B18 in there for now, and boost it later.

PM
Old 06-09-2007, 04:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i have a 93 sol.nice looking little car,good handling/braking at least compared to my 40 year old pontiac hot rod.but in a straight line the pontiac just leaves it.
Old 06-09-2007, 06:22 PM

Default Re: (PianoMan)

Nope, no money. I'm a figgan college student working 40 + hours a week to survive, only reason I can afford the car in the first place is that my coworker is buying my 2000 civic VP for 5,200. A fricken steal for me.
Old 06-09-2007, 09:44 PM
been there done that

Default Re: (srehtorblos)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RisenAngel &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Granted, you make a good point. But I'm talking trying to tackle the quarter mile, so a super counters the main disadvantage of a 4 banger and gets it to the higher RPMs faster........ you know the more I think on it the more I think you may be right. I'm number crunching and not liking the results much

and yes, they do make for a rass daily</TD></TR></TABLE>

you will have no need for low end hp/tq in a drag race. if you launch properly you'll be high enough to already be in the engine's powerband. a turbo would only compliment this.
Old 06-09-2007, 10:58 PM

Default Re: (doood)

Just along with that turbo make sure you have wider wheels or your going to have alot of traction problems at launch.