Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

'95 Del Sol Build Continuation

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2013, 09:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '95 Del Sol Build Continuation

I've been on H-T for a couple years, no where near what some of the guys here but I try to read a lot of the posts in this category. Anywho, I bought this Del Sol back in 2011. A friend of mine had one with a z6 boosted and I felt like a small child riding in the passenger seat, in other words I was pretty giddy.

It took me about a year of looking to find one I liked that didn't have any rust and wasn't trashy looking in general. But alas I found one and bought it 4 days after emailing the guy about it... It had a lot of things done to it already, H22a swap, Tein coils, Wilwood brakes, Gram Lights for a few items. Absolutely loved it, but it never really felt like mine. All of my Honda friends were doing their own things to their own cars and taking a lot of pride in them. While i just took a short cut and bought it built... Lame I know but I am working on that. The first winter I had it stored in a friends garage to far away for me to work on it, I was able to get a Kenwood Excelon head unit in it which was the extent of my modifying. For spring time (taxes) I had had had to get new tires... Blew a side wall out on my way to work. But I also bought a new Excelon head unit, much better and excelon door speakers.

At my parent's house "chillin"

On our way to a little meet

Since then I bought a house, got engaged($7k later on that one..), and bought my fiance an 04 mazda 6, and got her a dog.

But with the house I received my very own garage!

The tear down began in October when my driver's side axle was very far gone.. Dumb idea to keep driving on it, but my other car (05 focus) had alternator issues which i didn't have time to fix due to working 3rd shift and 12 hour shift quite a bit. It was originally from Florida, which was good for not having rust, but the paint was/is very faded... So even more tear down so I can get it painted and have a nice result.

Another reason for the tear down was I wanted to replace bushings that were worn, clean up the suspension that was caked with dust from the road my parents live on, and wire tuck/shaved bay.

My suspension cleaned

I bought a 90amp flux welder from Harbor Freight to try it out. Not too bad, works for what I need. Well I got creative (kinda) and shaved my antenna

Wheels clean!

Finally heat in the garage for the cold months, big thanks to the future father-in-law with that life saver

Headlights buffed, not bad but the plastic looks in rough shape. Before and after

Passenger side hub assembly out and a few other things

Intake mani apart and prepped for a flat aluminum paint because the metal was pretty stained

After the whole thing is done

I did something different when I put it back together, I used allen head bolts and counter sunk them into the manifold, tb, and the front sensor to give it a cleaner look. Also made an EGR block off plate out of some aluminum.

I've been writing this and gathering the pictures for over an hour now... I'm going to bed but hopefully I can get a chance to finish the gap between those pics and now, tomorrow. Good night and thanks for reading!

Last edited by 95h22sol; 03-25-2013 at 03:01 PM.