Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

95 CX Rebuild. From bottom up.

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2008, 05:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 95 CX Rebuild. From bottom up. update===pictures!!

Bought this 95 CX for 350 as you see it, without tail lights and brake booster and prop valve. Clean Title and it does not have to go through state patrol.

This is How It Looked before.

My goal is to make the car driveable and street legal before the 23rd. Battle Of the Imports=].

The tech is basically everything. New Motor, doors, interior, security, cleaning, redoing some brake lines, redo the clutch line, new springs and struts basically everything.

Modified by Hanmin at 8:51 PM 8/8/2008
Old 08-03-2008, 05:38 AM
Resident Gearhead

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Re: 95 CX Rebuild. From bottom up. (Hanmin)

Nice I'll subscribe to this
Old 08-03-2008, 10:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Forgot to add, it's going to be a sleeper=]zzz.

Anyone know who the user is who sells koni yellow springs for like 200-300 with custom rates?
Old 08-03-2008, 12:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: (Hanmin)

wow, you've got alot of work to do in 20 days.

goodluck
Old 08-03-2008, 02:07 PM

Default Re: (JdelMsolG)

thats gone be a sick car good luck
Old 08-03-2008, 09:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

already posted in other forums for parts, now I wait. Gunna go to the junkyard tomorrow and look for the brake booster, prop valve, and some brake lines. Ill start my wire tuck tomorrow, and I'll install my break stuff, and check all the bolts around the car and make sure they are secured. Hopefully I Find some body parts.
Old 08-04-2008, 10:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

spent most of the day looking for a set of wheel disc brakes and i came across a wrecked gsr=]. got my brake booster, prop valve, and disk brakes. I also started my wire tuck, and pulled apart my dash. I bought my alarm and its going to all get put in on wednesday, tomorrow i have to wait for mounts for the integra=]. Sorry for the lack of a picture, went to a party and i lost my phone. hopefully someone returns it, its a verizon, no sim=]
Old 08-04-2008, 11:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

man you must have some $$$ laying around to do this lol...cant wait to see what the turns into
Old 08-04-2008, 11:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

yeah, insurance money from my last civic. 500+1000 for a fresh shell with an alarm and disc brakes is fair, and i had a motor sitting for awhile now so it all comes together=] it's mostly dedication=]. and just the thought of putting a car together in 20 days and expecting 12's makes it more exciting. I have an extra pair of hands too every now and then, so that helps out alot. It's going to be gutted for now because i dont think I can afford interior. But it'll have all the body parts and will be fresh=].
Old 08-05-2008, 02:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

good find... i wish i could find a shell like that to just wrench on.. but i think that i need more money in my bank too haha
Old 08-05-2008, 02:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Your gonna try to finish this by the 23rd eh?
In for this..
Old 08-05-2008, 04:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (4drkidd)

subscribed!!!! i have to see this.
Old 08-05-2008, 08:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

change in plans, gunna work on this today, finish my tuck, put in my disc brakes, put in my prop and brake booster, and install my alarm. Put my heater assembly back on and my dash and then go shopping for more parts.

I just found a good shell, I work at jack in the box and I dont even get close to 40 hours, i get around 25 hours a week, but now i get 15 because I asked for all the weekdays off and whatnot. Ill borrow a friends camera today.
Old 08-05-2008, 08:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Anyone have any tips on how to depin the ecu plugs, I got some from the junkyard and i tried to depin it and I had no luck, I tried forcing it out too but I had no luck, Trying to make my car looks as factory as possible=].
Old 08-06-2008, 01:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

k found out how to depin all the plugs with a little messing around with a thumb tack, I took alot of pictures today and got alot dont, but I dont have the wire for this camera so you guys will have to wait.

Got the rear disks in, Finished the tuck on the passender side, Now I need to do the battery relocation to the back and tuck the driver side.Got my brake booster in and prop valve, gunna go to the junkyard later today and buy the brake lines that i need. And finally, I got my alarm going. Works perfectly, I just needa wire up 2 more sensors and then find a place to tuck all the wires and crap.

I bought back seats and passenger seat for 20 bucks. Kinda dirty but its deals for the price. Friend is hooking me up with suspension for my old ones + cash on top.
Old 08-06-2008, 01:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

went to the junkyard and got a new master cylinder prop valve, and a clutch line. I didnt buy the cut brake line because the car was on top of another car and yeah, it was pretty impossible to get to.

I had to buy new things because my master cylinder and prop valve are the abs ones... sucks...

Is there any way to fix a brake line that has been cut? any way possible. Maybe a dot4 rubber hose with clamps and a rubber gasket of some kind?
Old 08-06-2008, 07:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

yeah, so i bought a civic master cylinder, and it doesn't fit right on the integra one. sucks... The clutch line and the prop valve works good, now I gotta find a way to upload my pictures so i can get some help.
Old 08-08-2008, 01:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

A little non picture update, will get pictures up later tonight. =] I have tons...

Thanks to 94eg8 and itsmejto for helping me with my brake lines problem. I just need to wait for the parts to come in.

Thanks to B18C_EJ8 for helping me with my remote start wiring.

Gonna get my motor ready now, anyone know where i can get some gsr head nuts and washers that hold down the valve cover for no where near $100? Want to get everything prepped and ready so I can do everything asap when it comes and is installed. I lost my old ones.
Old 08-08-2008, 07:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Local boosted minivan=]

How I got it, Took off rear drums.

started my tuck

Brake lines, clutch line, wiring vtec knock sensor, and all that good stuff.

abs prop, oops

removing heater stuff

integra bb and mc, gay abs one

cleaness of my shell

og dash

tuck

tucked fusebox

my depin tool and my wire tuck tool

my soldering bench

my solder cool down thingy=]

solders

How I heat shrink

took a couple of shots to get it when my alarm is blinking on=]

seats=]

rear disks

LEM's=]

cel jumper tool=]

working on brake lines.

clutch fixing

comparing civic to integra master cylinders, bolt patterns are different.

random

=]

Modified by Hanmin at 8:37 PM 8/8/2008
Old 08-08-2008, 07:35 PM

Default Re: 95 CX Rebuild. From bottom up. (Hanmin)

Hahaha damn you crazy. I'm trying to fix my EG before the 20th and I only have minor problems thinking that it's gonna take forever while your *** is going to rebuild one in a couple of days. GL with that!
Old 08-08-2008, 08:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

haha, thanks. i have nothing else to do=]. so might as well. idling problems will definitely show up which will suck.. sorry for the repeat on some pictures. oops.

Modified by Hanmin at 10:21 PM 8/8/2008
Old 08-10-2008, 02:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

finished my tuck on the driver side, and wired up a little more of my alarm. I forgot to bring my camera, Will take pictures of the complete tuck including fuse tuck and battery relocation tomorrow or monday=]
Old 08-10-2008, 10:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

camera died out right before the first picture, didnt accomplish anything tonight but loosen 1 10mm screw that holds the airbag in, thats gunna be where I tuck my fusebox. gunna remove the whole srs unit. gunna prop the dash so i can tuck the fusebox under there, not gunna put any interior in but a cluster until after boti. I'll have updates when my stuff comes in.

ex mc, neutral safety thingy majig, valve cover gasket set. iunno if im missing anything, but thats basically what i'm waiting for.
Old 08-11-2008, 08:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

still no camera, will get it back tomorrow hopefully.

Took the airbag thing out and in the process of taking the airbag from the plate so i have a place to tuck my fusebox.

Finished wiring up my alarm, wired up my remote start and I'm just waiting for my neutral thing and brake booster and valve cover gasket set to come in and then I can get the car running.

In the process of removing my srs, I'm convinced that its not gunna work because it rarely does... so i've heard.
Old 08-11-2008, 08:56 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

learn how to focus your camera. i've taken better pictures at midnight with a digi and a plug in shop light. asides from the headache from the fuzz looks like you got quite a project there.

good luck i definately love my CX wouldn't trade if for any other older body still civic. what motor is going in that bad-boy?

Quick Reply: 95 CX Rebuild. From bottom up.