Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

95 Coupe leans to drivers side

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2012, 01:14 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: 95 Coupe leans to drivers side

Lowering springs are, by definition, lower than stock shocks. I don't know what you're trying to say with "making the travel closer to stock."
Old 04-10-2012, 01:26 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

95dx im going to just go ahead and say u need to take it to the shop. dont take this the wrong way but i think u need to let somebody a little more suspension savvy see what the hell is goin on here. again dont take that the wrong way, i just honestly think that would be the best advice to give you, givin your situation. if you were in the bay we would have already pulled them puppys off and seein exactly what the issue is, but your too far away and im too broke to travel lol.
Old 04-10-2012, 01:27 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Originally Posted by jbpnoman
Lowering springs are, by definition, lower than stock shocks. I don't know what you're trying to say with "making the travel closer to stock."
exactly right. the shorter, and more tightly wound aftermarket springs work to lower and compress the shock wich directly lowers the ride height, and they often have firmer spring rates as well, but i believe the tein s tech is a much softer spring to allow for a decent ride, but a shorter spring with low/soft spring rates is not gonna do wonders for your suspension, especially on a stock shock, they are marketed more for dress up than anything else in teins product line up.
Old 04-10-2012, 08:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Yeah, it would probably be easier for me to just get it looked at, ill let you guys know what it is, thanks. Thanks for the help, I can fix anything on the car by myself (besides if the frame is tweaked) so ill just have them give me a diagnostic and ill take care of whatever is doing this. Hopefully I can end this thread with a solution, because in my searching, there was never a definitive answer.
Old 04-10-2012, 08:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

What kind of shop should i go to? Collision shop? Belle tire does suspension...

And JBP, I meant, the stock springs are longer, and the shorter springs arent good for the shocks, so that little donut wouldnt do any harm i would think, it would just be 1" closer to the stock spring, if you get what im saying. But im probably not going to use that unless my frame is tweaked, because there isnt much I would be able to do about it.
Old 04-10-2012, 08:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

axle bent tire loose or bald
Old 04-10-2012, 09:52 AM

To me it looks like shocks issue. I had the same issue with my Ek coupe. All I did was bought new shocks for my car. They weren't after market ones just new shocks that I bought form auto zone. Then later on I put on a chamber kit which helps you car a lot when its lowered. Also I didn't pack my car with a lot of people because all that extra weight can mess up the compression in your shocks very fast and give you issues in your suspension. Hope this helps!

Happy Tuning!
Old 04-10-2012, 01:21 PM
The Grumpiest

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by SimpleTire
To me it looks like shocks issue. I had the same issue with my Ek coupe. All I did was bought new shocks for my car. They weren't after market ones just new shocks that I bought form auto zone. Then later on I put on a chamber kit which helps you car a lot when its lowered. Also I didn't pack my car with a lot of people because all that extra weight can mess up the compression in your shocks very fast and give you issues in your suspension. Hope this helps!

Happy Tuning!
I don't even know what to say about any of these statements.
Old 04-11-2012, 04:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Yeah...Thanks but im pretty sure unless i went with ebay springs i wouldnt be able to mess up the compression. And EVERYWHERE i looked, it says that bad shocks can affect ride height, but barely, and they have to be shot. Less than a 1/2 inch...
Old 04-11-2012, 05:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Get look getting a 'diagnostic' and fixing it yourself.

It seems the rule of thumb, intentional or otherwise, with most shops is to tear at least one thing up to make the car undrivable before getting back to the customer.
Old 04-11-2012, 06:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 95DX95
Hmmm, alright, i wish there was an easy way to do this! With the lowering springs, it should just make the shock travel closer to stock, so better for those shocks, i would think.
It is actually pretty easy to take off and inspect. I think I had mine out and replaced in less than 2.5 hrs. You could always take a tape measure with everything on as an alternative and try to see if you can tell what is out of wack.

Other than worn bushing, I don't really see what would be causing your problem.
I can't imagine bushing causing that much of a height difference.

It is also a bad idea to replace the springs with drop springs and not replace the struts regardless of age. I lowered my lexus 1.5" and my front shocks blew out in less than a week and they were only about two years old. I couldn't really tell until I installed new struts how big of a difference it made. Next car I lower will have coilovers because after springs and struts, it was only about $250 cheaper than coilovers.
Old 10-01-2015, 08:48 AM
Trial User

Originally Posted by 95DX95
335K now, its a champ! Its honestly in great shape for a michigan car with that many miles. DEFINITELY looking for a new front bumper, and I know about the CV boot haha. EVERY SINGLE thing on the car works fine besides the rear defroster, interiors nearly mint, im not complaining, still want an e46 bad, but the overall "cheapness" of my car is what stops me from selling it.

There you go, its my birthday! So help my out haha.
Yea my 95 ej1 does the same I switched the springs next I'm going to buy another new shock if that don't work I'll take it to a collision shop
Old 10-02-2015, 02:39 PM
Trial User

Originally Posted by Chris95ej1
Yea my 95 ej1 does the same I switched the springs next I'm going to buy another new shock if that don't work I'll take it to a collision shop
Why you commenting on a 3yrs old post?

and why am I pointing that and helping you out? idk.