Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

95 Civic Weight/Wheel Issue

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2009, 07:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Icon6 95 Civic Weight/Wheel Issue

well. i recently just put some new rims on my car. and the tire size is 205-50-r16. there pretty big for my civic but iv seen it done before. but, the other day i had 3 people in the back and the back sat down so much that my wheels were rubbing. what could i do to help the weight issue so they wont scrub. im thinking new suspension? i dont have too much money so the cheapest yet a good way to fix this is what i need. any help would be great thanks!!
Old 04-19-2009, 07:57 AM

Default Re: 95 Civic Weight/Wheel Issue

bump before my trip home. i will see any comments when i get home.
Old 04-19-2009, 07:22 PM

up pls. need some help.
Old 04-19-2009, 07:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

dont carry so many people in your car..
Old 04-19-2009, 07:32 PM

u riding on stock suspension? either get 205/45s or 40s... or a cheap *** adjustable coilover suspension on ebay for $30
Old 04-19-2009, 07:35 PM

You need stiffer springs for sure if you wanna run that tire size. As said above you would be better off with a lower profile tire.
Old 04-19-2009, 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by Murk 'EM
ok pointless post so dont post at all... retard....

anyways. you guys want to suggest any coil overs? no shitty ones but also no 3000000$ ones either lol. i just want to raise my car a inch or 2.
Old 04-19-2009, 07:46 PM

Dont raise your car. That would look horrible. Get a truck if thats what you wanna do. Just get stiffer spring rates so it will handle the weight better. A lower profile tire is going to be most beneficial to you.
Old 04-19-2009, 07:52 PM

ok well what spring would you suggest? i want some strong ones lmao.
Old 04-19-2009, 07:57 PM

To be honest if you just go with springs, they will drop the car usually about an inch to 2.5 inches, They will be stiffer but you will also be lower. You need to invest in some coilovers that can allow you to remain at stock ride height. Don't bother with ebay ****. Whats your budget like? you can pick up some ground controls for a few hundred or check the marketplace for a used setup.
Old 04-19-2009, 08:00 PM

lower profiles for sure like 40 or 45. as for springs... most aftermarket ones are designed to lower the car regardless of stiffness. i used to run skunk2 coilovers which were pretty stiff and adjustable but the price isnt cheap. eibachs maybe for decent ones if you want
Old 04-19-2009, 08:02 PM

dam making it drop that much but it being stiffer would be pointless huh?
Old 04-19-2009, 08:12 PM

i run 45's on my 16" rims because thats as close to the stock diameter you can get without throwing off the speedometer too much. i also run tein ss coilovers and the stiffness and ride quality is great for having 300lbs of extra stuff in my hatch while its lowered and i have no tire scuffing issues
Old 04-19-2009, 08:16 PM

wow does 50 really make that big of a difference? my god.. :x i just want to stop the scrub. not spending more money on 4 new tires lol
Old 04-19-2009, 08:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I usually don't come into the 'Honda Civic/Del Sol(1992-2000)' section much because of the moronic questions being asked...then 50+ other members spewing misinformation and then arguing about it with no real factual information at all. But I'm bored and awake because of an abscessed tooth that is getting extracted in a few days.

Originally Posted by Murk 'EM
Originally Posted by callmechad
Actually he is not a retard. He made a very valid point. You said...

well. i recently just put some new rims on my car. and the tire size is 205-50-r16. there pretty big for my civic
And...

i had 3 people in the back
You put larger rims/tires on your car without any supporting modifications to accommodate the larger rims/tires. Combine that with the extra weight of 3 people in the back of the car...voila...you have a clearance issue. Why would you be calling him a retard when YOU are the one that made an OBVIOUS wrong choice? What is the OBVIOUS right decision you should do immediately? Either put less people in your car...or put your previous rims/tires back on until you can afford to get new suspension so you don't end up cutting a tire and endangering yourself, your passengers and anyone else on the road that you could possibly take out. You could go the easy route and buy cheep priced(and cheep made) stiffer ebay coilovers like what was already mentioned...or you can do some research and save some cash for a real quailty set of coilovers with the correct spring rate that would suite your car/lifestyle best. While researching you can start pricing out setups, and find something that's in/around your budget without spending "3000000$". Good luck.
Old 04-19-2009, 08:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

it was a joke chad chill out..
i have skunk2 pro series on my hatch at stock height and there stiff.. thats my suggestion
cheap reliable and there gonna do what you want em to
Old 04-19-2009, 09:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I have cheap eBay springs and i can hold 5 people in my car and no rubbing and a little scraping cause my car is low period with or without them. so i don't know why people hate on ebay coil overs I've had them a year no problem. if i would complain about anything it would be my crappy stock shox and not the well spent 60 bux on eBay coil overs.
Old 04-20-2009, 05:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by TravisCadello
i don't know why people hate on ebay coil overs
Because they are made from inferior metals on inferior machines, giving them an uneven spring rate and causing them to sag over time. I've seen broken springs and broken perches on MANY ebay setups. There was a thread a few years back where someone at their shop measured the height and spring rate of a few cheep sets of ebay coilovers/springs. One set was claimed to be something around 400/lb in the font and 350/lb in the rear. The fronts ended up to be something like 420ish on the drivers side and the passenger side was 390ish. Something similar to the rears. Then the height measurement from new...to after somewheres around 2 years of driving...the spring sagged over 1/2 an inch. They may seem like a great deal and setup to someone who doesn't do research...simply because they are a fraction of the cost and without much knowledge they seem to do the same job...but they really don't. There is a reason why (95% of) expensive parts cost so much...and there is a reason why cheep parts cost so little.
Old 04-20-2009, 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by FlatBrokeHatch
Actually he is not a retard. He made a very valid point. You said...

And...

Why would you be calling him a retard when YOU are the one that made an OBVIOUS wrong choice? What is the OBVIOUS right decision you should do immediately?
ok explain me this then... i asked for help not retarded answers like dont carry so many people in your car? how the hell is that going to help me? how about you stop posting more pointless stuff yapping at me when i havnt done anything but ask for help. read my damn sig does it make since to you? i asked a simple question maybe its a noob/dumb question to you but i dont spend all day everyday learning about cars. thats why im here. i try to learn not get yelled at by saying "dont put as many people in your car"

i made this tread for help. which i was getting before you came and made it more of a flame hole. i understood the "main reason" weight!! and tire size! if you read more i was asking what different brand i could get. im not trying to be a *******. but dang man im new at this and yet i get talked to like a dang 3 year old. i get the point not to carry 3 people in the back now DAH! i was asking for a fix.

and Murk sorry i blew up it was a pointless post still though. but i understand it was a joke. and thanks for giving me some advice, you were the second to recommend skunk2
Old 04-20-2009, 07:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Posting more pointless stuff and yapping? I've actually helped you and provided more information reguarding your situation than EVERYONE in this thread combined. You asked what to do to solve the problem. I told you. I also told you the CORRECT and SAFE way to solve the problem other than blurting out "ebay coilovers" or "smaller tires".
Getting a lower profile tire won't help you, because while carrying those 3 people in the back of your car, you'll now be running a larger risk of rim damage if you were to hit a pothole. The SEARCH function on here is by far the biggest learning tool you'll ever find.
Take some time and do some research instead of acting like a 16yr old and getting your undies in a bundle because you can't understand the information and advice that I am giving you. If you want to be irresponsible, have 3 people in the back of your car and rub tires, buy cheep/unsafe parts, reject any REAL help/info...then by all means do it. I was never flaming you...and i was never talking to you "like a dang 3 year old". I was making sure you could understand it in detail.
But like I said in my first post, this is a reason I don't ever come into this section and I usually stay in the RoadRacing/Autocross, Tech/Misc, Suspension, and All motor sections. Because when someone gives answers in detail, they understand instead of getting defensive because they don't understand.
I understand that you're new at this like you said...but I am not. And there is a reason I told you what I did instead of say "retard...ebay c/o's FTW!1!1".
I was where you are 10+ years ago and it was VERY hard to find real answers, so when someone like me provides you with them now, be thankful and don't get defensive. But don't worry, my tooth gets extracted tomorrow so I'll be back to being busy and won't have time to come back here much to "post more pointless stuff yapping" at you. Whatever you decide to do, good luck with it and I hope you get your issue taken care of before it gets worse.
Old 04-20-2009, 08:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Why at only Honda-Tech theirs always a 2 page long story about people fighting? when i post a thread and someone acts like a smart *** like in this case i usually look right past him and read the next post like he wasn't even their. This is what YOU need to learn around here.Theirs a lot of people here at Honda-Tech that just like putting pointless **** and you gotta read it and think wow hes a dumbass and look at the next cause if you open your mouth and tell him something then another smart *** joins and hes even more of an *** then the first.

your gonna get a LOT of BS around here, but somewhere down the line you usually get the answer you were looking for.

Just word of advice on your next Thread.
Old 04-20-2009, 08:39 PM

ok flatbroke point made. only reason im pissy is because people post stuff that dont help anyone. thats all lets just advoid all the jibber jabber. and get to the point :D.

ok i pretty much know my issue guys. i just want some opinions on what brands i should do.

Something affordable

Coil-Overs- Skunk2... what else?
also with the coil-overs i want something that wont lower it, but keep my stock height.

suspension maybe? just throw some ideas at me gusy im new at this. help me learn :D
Old 04-20-2009, 09:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

You want stiffer springs and better shox.
Old 04-20-2009, 09:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

And I would say the best springs I've EVER felt were by TEIN On a 93 Prelude with a 97 JDM H22. it was so stiff but smooth and handled like a vete. I think I'm gunna order these. What do you guys think?

http://www.advancespeedshop.com/tein...b00-p-528.html
Old 04-21-2009, 10:14 AM

i like them. fairly cheap for tein's. ill keep my eye out on thise thanks travis. anyone else?

Quick Reply: 95 Civic Weight/Wheel Issue