Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

95 Civic Si - EG

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2003, 06:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 95 Civic Si - EG

ok, i just bought a red '95 si hatch. i personally think it looks d0pe.. but this one dude tells me i made a big mistake.. i should've gotten a cx model because the si is 300 lbs. heavier!! well, right now the car is stock and one day i wanna' drop a new motor in it. should i tune the si model or sell it in a few years and buy a cx model and drop the motor in that car.. help!! btw, i really like the si.. it has a lot of features of the cx.. does anyone drop motors or tune a si EG in here?! heeeeeelp. sorry if this sounds n00b-ish. =X
Old 09-17-2003, 06:30 PM

Default Re: 95 Civic Si - EG (ieatrice)

well the car does weigh more but you get the sun roof and better handeling right off the bat. If I already had an si I would not sell it for a cx but i think that if I was looking to buy id look for a cx over a si. but basicaly id stay with what you have
Old 09-17-2003, 06:33 PM

Default Re: 95 Civic Si - EG (CivicNA)

My friends 92 si w/ a B20 ls went 14.7 w/ intake and exhaust. I have a 94 si. I was considering selling it for a cx as well. (Seeing how my brother has a 14 second D16z6 cx, and I have a 15 second si.) I also got dicked worse b/c I have the passanger side air bag. But I think I'll stick w/ my si, I like the moonroof.
Old 09-17-2003, 06:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

thanks civicNA, you make a lot of sense. thanks! chicks dig the sunroof, and i dig the power steering.. LOL
Old 09-17-2003, 06:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 95 Civic Si - EG (SingleCamIam)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SingleCamIam &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">My friends 92 si w/ a B20 ls went 14.7 w/ intake and exhaust. I have a 94 si. I was considering selling it for a cx as well. (Seeing how my brother has a 14 second D16z6 cx, and I have a 15 second si.) I also got dicked worse b/c I have the passanger side air bag. But I think I'll stick w/ my si, I like the moonroof. </TD></TR></TABLE>

hahah yea!! the moonroof r0x.. and i got passanger side air bags too
Old 09-17-2003, 06:38 PM

I got a 95 si also.. I say keep it. You can always do something for weight reduction later on down the road, so I wouldnt worry about it. I think the black interior and all of the little extras are cool.
Old 09-17-2003, 06:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

If you are going for the 1/4 mile sale it for the CX or VX, its easier to loose even moer weight!! but for clean & comfort daily driving/ some weekend drag keep it!! Personally, I would keep it. Stock power=OK already.... but swap =big plus!!
Old 09-17-2003, 06:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i miss not having a moonroof but i dont really miss power steering.
Old 09-17-2003, 06:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 95 Civic Si - EG (HATCHingMN)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by HATCHingMN &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">If you are going for the 1/4 mile sale it for the CX or VX, its easier to loose even moer weight!! but for clean & comfort daily driving/ some weekend drag keep it!! Personally, I would keep it. Stock power=OK already.... but swap =big plus!!</TD></TR></TABLE>

yes! i will do that.. ima just keep it stock. all i have under the hood is a d16z6 and aem cai. exterior stuff are jdm standley headlights/tailights, jdm door visors, cb hood, cb duckbill wing. the car is lowered on coilovers.. all i need is some rims and i'm set! someone sell me some si rims!! o_O
Old 09-17-2003, 06:56 PM

i've heard a car without power steering can really suck, and is a pain in the *** to take turns, true or false?
Old 09-17-2003, 07:01 PM

Default Re: (corgiat)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by corgiat &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i've heard a car without power steering can really suck, and is a pain in the *** to take turns, true or false?</TD></TR></TABLE>

false..once you get used to it you dont even know you dont have it, pluse i like the way it feels better.And keep your si man, trust me, i had a 95 si and now have a 94 cx, the cx is lighter but the si is just a more comfortable car, no options gets old sometimes
Old 09-17-2003, 07:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (blazinb16)

I have an Si with no complaints, granted they're a lil heavier, but I have no P/W windows, P/S, A/C and my rear is gutted.
Old 09-17-2003, 07:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I also have an SI, its a 92 milano Blue, all stock and want to swap for B16 0r 18 in spring. I use to have an CX way back and cant stand the no-power steering so SOLD it. CX,DX,and VX has alot of cheap plastic parts that why they weight lighter...but the SI everything is much nicer inside out. This my own experience with stock to stock comparision ONLY...so dont flame on me!! Basically any hookup hatch is nice!!
Old 09-18-2003, 05:01 AM
I forgot more about hondas then you will ever know....

Location: hop,skip, and a jump from the city,, new friggin york, USA
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

keep the si. if it is a clean car, then you should keep it. clean civics no matter which trim are hard to come by, as they are 10 years old now. on a side note, i kept mine, even after everyone told me the si was heavier than the cx.... and now i have the fastest fwd SCCA Street Modified car in the country. not too bad for a porker of a civic
Old 09-18-2003, 05:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by HATCHingMN &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I also have an SI, its a 92 milano Blue, all stock and want to swap for B16 0r 18 in spring. I use to have an CX way back and cant stand the no-power steering so SOLD it. CX,DX,and VX has alot of cheap plastic parts that why they weight lighter...but the SI everything is much nicer inside out. This my own experience with stock to stock comparision ONLY...so dont flame on me!! Basically any hookup hatch is nice!!</TD></TR></TABLE>

Umm...they're all the same cheap plastic parts. Si adds options and features not higher quality build materials.

And to whoever said it adds better handling, well that's not really even a factor. All it adds is a front swaybar which can be had for &lt;$100 anyway. And on the Sis with the akebono brakes, you figure handling(braking) is even worse since it must stop a car 300lbs heavier than a cx/dx.

I say stick with what you have since it's hard enough to find a hatch in good condition, but if you're serious about drag racing, sell it now.
Old 09-18-2003, 07:29 AM
Former Moderator

Received 54 Likes on 29 Posts

Here, let me be the one to flame you correctly by educating you as well:

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by HATCHingMN &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I also have an SI, its a 92 milano Blue, all stock and want to swap for B16 0r 18 in spring. </TD></TR></TABLE>

It's either Milano Red, or Captiva Blue - which one is it?

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I use to have an CX way back and cant stand the no-power steering so SOLD it. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Your opinion - I cannot argue there. I will say that there are few racecars with power steering though, and a lot of street guys that do road racing remove it because it ruins the feel of the steering at high speeds.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">CX,DX,and VX has alot of cheap plastic parts that why they weight lighter...but the SI everything is much nicer inside out. </TD></TR></TABLE>

100% complete horseshit. I too own a 1992 CX and a 1992 Si and there are no interior plastic differences whatsover - none. The materials are identical for both cars. The difference in the lack of features on the CX such as a tachometer (which is easily added), clock, extra wiper setting, rear wiper switch, etc.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">This my own experience with stock to stock comparision ONLY...so dont flame on me!! Basically any hookup hatch is nice!!</TD></TR></TABLE>

Well let me give you mine too then. I owned my 1992 Si hatch from 1997 to 2001 or 2002. It had a B18C1 in it for a while and my other ffiends with B18C1 CX and VX hatches busted my *** very time we raced even though I put down slightly more whp than them. It was not driving, it was the extra 200lbs. or more I was carrying.

I then put a B18C5 in that Si and ran it for a while, but I always wanted to rebuold a CX for weight and the stiffer chassis due to the lack of the moonroof.

I sold it, got a 1992 CX, and built it up. The CX weighs roughly 250lbs. less than the Si, and my Si already had P/S and A/C removed. I kept the B18C5 from the other hatchback, so basically it's the same car but with a Cx chassis instead of the Si chassis.

The CX handles better and feels stiffer, and pulls much better than the Si did because the lighter weight.

Let me also say that I still have a 1992 Si hatchback with a B16A2, full interior, A/C, P/S, etc. and I love that car.

If you are weight conscious and you know it'll get to you if the next guy with less power beats your *** every time you race then get a Cx or VX and keep A/C and addP/S and still weigh less than an Si that someone tried to strip.

Also keep in mind that the 1995 Si is even heavier than the 1992 I used to own. This means that that 300lbs. estimate is probably right on, and if you don't think 300lbs. means a lot then think again. 300lbs. could add up to running .5-.8 slower in the 1/4 mile.
Old 09-18-2003, 09:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 95 Civic Si - EG (B18C5-EH2)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by B18C5-EH2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">and if you don't think 300lbs. means a lot then think again. 300lbs. could add up to running .5-.8 slower in the 1/4 mile.</TD></TR></TABLE>
or think of it as having 2 extra people in your car
Old 09-18-2003, 09:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 95 Civic Si - EG (dxhatch93)

I wish the power steering, A/C, and cruise control were all installed on my SI.
(removed befor i bought it for LS engine)
Old 09-18-2003, 09:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I have a 93Si, that I've done a pretty decent amount of modifying to. There's no doubt the extra weight sucks, but I worked with what I had, dropped a few lbs here and there to help out a little bit. If you're looking to be competitive, sell it, get a CX/VX. If competition is not a concern to you, keep what you have and enjoy it.
Old 09-18-2003, 09:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Seriously that guy who said you made the wrong buy is smoking crack. I love my 93 Si. I've owned two Sis so far. Sis are the ****.
Old 09-18-2003, 09:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: 95 Civic Si - EG (rodrez)

Exactly. I have a SI and considering I took my AC and PS I'd still keep it. It still has a few creature comforts.

Now I bought my wife a CX and when we move and she gets what she wants I will most like take the CX back and put my ITR motor in there and sell my hatch (it looks like new anyway).
Old 09-18-2003, 09:53 AM

the interior parts are the same on all of them.

i have owned 1 cx, and 2 si EH2 hatchbacks, and i can truly say that the Si's are MUCH better to drive every day cuz of the power streering (especially if you have sticky tires on it), and for some reason, the Si's always feel a lot more solid to me. i dunno if its cuz of the sway bar in the front of the Si, or what, but its a lot nicer to drive. I'll take the extra 150 pounds of the Si any day over a CX for a daily driver.
Old 09-18-2003, 09:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (twinturbobb)

keep the si they are hard to find
Old 09-18-2003, 10:00 AM

i had an SI with a b18c1 for about a year..then i got a cx and swapped the C1 into that...i love it

but the SI was still a fun car
Old 09-18-2003, 10:02 AM

Default Re: 95 Civic Si - EG (Apex i ITR)

i bought a 93 si two years ago and now wish i would have found a cx/vx.

mine is on a healthy diet now, but it could be a good bit lighter if i started with the cx.

but if its a daily driver the si is great. just drop a b18c in it or if your motor is in good shape slap on an apexi turbo kit.

Quick Reply: 95 Civic Si - EG