Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

95 civic remote start alarm

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2002, 02:57 PM
dz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 95 civic remote start alarm

ok thats my 1st post here is my civic i dont know why picture doesnt show http://geocities.com/dziuggy/civic.htm ( i dont know what is wron with yahoo but links wont open copy and paste url into your browser ) basicly it is almoast stock 95 ex coupe
exept for:
17" koenig rims,
KUMHO supra tires,
PIAA xeon immitation H4 bulbs,
and my stereo system:
Clarion drx8675z head unit,
front speakers: Polk components w/crossovers
rear speakers: Inffinity Beta midbasses,
subs: 2 JBL 12" subs,
amps: rockford forsgate punch400a for speakers.
rockford forsgate power400 bridged for subs

i do all installs my self and i love it.

recently i got impulse car alarm w/ remote start and i was conecting it yesterday everything seams to be fine but i wont start the car, starter cranks but no result, with the key car starts right away, if you want to see what i mean take off ignition fuse and try start the car.
asicly i double checked all wires and everything seams to be ok, exept i have 1 wire whitch says: " for brake pedal (+) conection, discontinues reomte start. requred then remote start option is used" so i tried to conet it to 12V or ground in first case it would not even try to start the car so probably thinking that brake is pressed, thaen conected to grownd same thing as no conection.
basicly im trying to figure out what is the prolblem that wire or somthing in civic (like fuel pump turns on with real ingintion (w key) or somthing like that)

if any one had expierience with something like that let me know

ok

[Modified by dz, 1:38 AM 2/9/2002]
Old 01-22-2002, 06:23 PM
Trial User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: 95 civic remote start alarm (dz)

first off you need to connect all the wires that the alarm requires.. even the brake pedal.. have you connected the tach wire yet?? is your car a 5spd or auto? if its 5spd you need to bypass the clutch saftey switch.. double check all your wires again to make sure they are correct.. does this alarm have a hoodpin that needs to be installed?? the remote start part of the alarm usally will not work w/ the hood open.. does your fuel pump, a/c and parking lights all turn on correctly??? ive installed my alarm, and about 5 others on civics/integras/accords and never had a problem.. get back to me if your still stumped.. AIM hwkgt647 or just post to the forum..
Old 01-22-2002, 08:41 PM
dz

Default Re: 95 civic remote start alarm (95CivicEX)

hi thanks for reply 1st my civic is automatic :here is situation what i connected and where: here is wires from alarm manual in order wires not connected is in bold

1 crank output is connected to starter wire starter side i cut starter wire at steering column
2 factory disarm, vats / pats bypass, active output and dome light supervision multiplexed output (-) 500ma on start command pulses 1 time than becomes active for duration of start sequence. i did not connected this wire
3 connect to true ignition i connected it to ignition (YELLOW) wire at steering column
4 accessories output, used to power heater and ac during remote start im in california so i thought i wont need this its not connected
5 power connected directly to battery
6 ground connected to chassis
7 crank input connected to starter wire from switch side
8 lock output connected to lock wires
9 unlock ---//---
10 armed output (-) 500ma not connected but i plan to add window module later
11 15 amp 2nd ignition output not connected have no clue what is used for
12 (-) door connector connected to door trigger wire
[B]13 (+) door input not connected i thought that it is either (-) or (+)
14 secondary input connected to trunk trigger wire
15 break pedal (+) input discontinues remote start when pressed. required when remote start mode is used i didn't knew which break switch wire to connect to as well as it is very hard to get to it NEED SOME HELP WITH THIS ONE
16 optional (-) coil or tach input " can now be connected to anything that pulses" do not connect unless the remote start fails to retry if first crank attempt fails. connects to the (-) of the coil set switch 5 to OFF (setting switch 5 off will delete automatic tach sensor do not delete auto tach sensor unless system is malfunctioning this is wire i don't understand what to do to
17 cannel 2 output for power trunk i don%27t have power trunk(don%27t need to unnecessary weight)
18 horn honk (-) output up to 500ma capacity, my system did not came with siren so it is not connected but i will buy siren i hope i can use that with after market alarm siren
19 parking lights output connected to parking lights wire at fuse box

so here is all i have connected please correct me where i am wrong
Old 01-22-2002, 10:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

You should really connect the accessories output.. it's only one wire and also the tach wire should also be hooked up. it's easy the blue wire off the distb. the car "cranks" right? so the everything should be fine, however since it doesn't start my guess would be the there might be another ignnition wire that you didn't connect

honda 95 civic has two ignition wires primary would be blk/yellow IGN1 <-- connect this to wire number 3 in your list and then connect wire number 11 to IGN2 or the Yellow wire [ or you could just connect wire 11 to the blk/yellow. ] should be the other large wire in the ign harness.. this will solve your problem.. !!!
Old 01-22-2002, 11:46 PM
dz

Default Re: 95 civic remote start alarm (silvercivicsir)

hey thanks i will try that and let you know how it goes also what is the best way to connect wires is there is some kind of 3 way spliters or pins to insert in conetor harnesses, because i use 2 way but it is not tha best to cut off wires maybe, cause im used to do car stereo stuff but i preffer running my own wiring there with alarm it is kind of morework when you do it right
dz
Old 01-23-2002, 12:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Personally I hate any kind of connectors the Only way I'd do it to my car would be a nice good solder Joint, sure it's a little more work, but it will have the best connection, and little if no chance of it working loose.. Also to test my theroy before you do anything would be doing this..

Remote start the car with the key fob.. when it's starts to "crank" the car, stick in the key and put it to the On position. this should "start" the car and run, and if it works, I can guartenne it's the secondary ign wire.
Old 01-26-2002, 11:45 AM
dz

Default Re: 95 civic remote start alarm (silvercivicsir)

hey thank for help everybody i just conectted 2nd ignition and it all good
i has automatic tach sensor somehow, but i was not so confident about sodering so i used conectors, realy nice ones there you dont have to cut wire just add secon and thats it. so now im just going to add window rollup module, bye the way does any1 know can i use 1 2 window module for 2 windows and moonroof 2?

thanks for all you help
ps test thig worked very nice car started at once, it preaty smat because if you leave key in ignition car doesnot remote start so i had to put it in just then it was attempting to crank