Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

95 civic hatchback wire tucking question

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2007, 07:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 95 civic hatchback wire tucking question

I am thinking about wire tucking my hatchback the light harness for both sides left and right. how hard is it to do it and where did you guys run your wires through and the stupid search button isnt working I dont know why. so does anyone have pics step by step? thanks
one more question how do you guys keep your engine bays clean? do you wax them to keep them clean or what?
Old 08-01-2007, 05:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

bump
Old 08-01-2007, 05:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: 95 civic hatchback wire tucking question (Markb16a)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Markb16a &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I am thinking about wire tucking my hatchback the light harness for both sides left and right. how hard is it to do it and where did you guys run your wires through and the stupid search button isnt working I dont know why. so does anyone have pics step by step? thanks
one more question how do you guys keep your engine bays clean? do you wax them to keep them clean or what? </TD></TR></TABLE>

The search feature isn't working, but both google and yahoo have been up the whole time.

Run it inbetween the fenderskirt and the fender.
Old 08-01-2007, 11:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

search is working now finally but does anyone have pics of how they ran there harnesses
Old 08-01-2007, 07:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

so can you wire tuck while you still have ac and heater box for daily driver hatchback.
just wondering if I could find any details on how to tuck the light harnesses with ac still in the car.
Old 08-01-2007, 08:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: (Markb16a)

Can someone show me what this guy is talking about. I've heard of wire tucking, but not sure which wires he's talking about. I have a 94 hatch and would like to see this.
Old 08-01-2007, 09:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Nickboxer7)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Nickboxer7 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Can someone show me what this guy is talking about. I've heard of wire tucking, but not sure which wires he's talking about. I have a 94 hatch and would like to see this.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Heres a stock engine bay (from a 4-door, but the bays are pretty much the same):

Heres my tucked engine bay (94 hatch):

Old 08-01-2007, 09:21 PM

Default Re: (daluv)

That looks nice. I've seen that before, a lotta work. I thought he was talking about something else when he said the lights and stuff.

Not sure I like the Hacky Sack covers though lol.
Old 08-01-2007, 09:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Syndacate &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Run it inbetween the fenderskirt and the fender.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Thats what I did for the lighting wires. Zip tie them to the frame under your fender. There are a few holes in it, and if you have long enough zip ties, and some patience, you can do it. I zip ties my wires in about 5 or 6 different spots on the frame from the door to the headlights.
Old 08-01-2007, 09:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Nickboxer7 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Not sure I like the Hacky Sack covers though lol.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Hacky sack covers?
Old 08-01-2007, 09:32 PM

You've never seen hacky sacks that look just like those covers on the engine. The bright colored ones. I sware my bro had a hacky sack just like that one on the right. I was just joking.
Old 08-01-2007, 09:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by daluv &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Hacky sack covers?</TD></TR></TABLE><TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by daluv &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Hacky sack covers?</TD></TR></TABLE>He's talking about those useless reservoir cap covers...

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by daluv &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Thats what I did for the lighting wires. Zip tie them to the frame under your fender. There are a few holes in it, and if you have long enough zip ties, and some patience, you can do it. I zip ties my wires in about 5 or 6 different spots on the frame from the door to the headlights.</TD></TR></TABLE>

That's how a lot of people do it. Though you did it really good.

The battery relocation is what really adds a good touch on it in terms of "clean."
Old 08-01-2007, 09:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Oh lol! These are wristbands. I get what you are saying though lol! I honestly was never big into hacky sack back in school, but I have seen ones in the same color pattern. Nice reference though, Im gunna start calling them hacky sack covers from now on lol!
Old 08-01-2007, 09:43 PM

Thats good. I like to call things whatever come to my head first lol.

So that's your car. Nice job man. Very clean and the battery relocation does make all the difference. Which engine is that though? Looks like the DOHC but I don't know much about the engines.
Old 08-01-2007, 09:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Syndacate)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Syndacate &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">He's talking about those useless reservoir cap covers...</TD></TR></TABLE>

Usless... maybe, when you pay a lot of money (over $10) for some super brand name ones. But the wristbands (ahem, hacky sack covers) were sitting around my house getting no use, and Id perfer that when the slight chance occours that some fluid leaks out of my resivors, that the fluid leak onto an old hacky sack cover than my engine bay.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Syndacate &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

That's how a lot of people do it. Though you did it really good.

The battery relocation is what really adds a good touch on it in terms of "clean."</TD></TR></TABLE>

Thanks. Relocating the underhood fuse box to underneath the dash, relocating the fuel filter and lines, shaving unnessecary holes, removing all of the heater hoses and A/C hoses, and relocating the brake lines adds a good touch to it as well. Im not even done with mine yet! Gotta get the coolant resivor relocated, the ground wire on the front of the engine, the throttle cable moved, and move the vaccume box and lines to a more discrete location!
Old 08-01-2007, 09:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Just a B20B matted to a B16 tranny (non-LSD) nothing really special. Just there till I decide to dump money into a boosted LS setup or go with a K-swap.
Old 08-01-2007, 09:50 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by daluv &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Just a B20B matted to a B16 tranny (non-LSD) nothing really special. Just there till I decide to dump money into a boosted LS setup or go with a K-swap.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Try saying that to a guy with a d15b7 auto setup. Yours is something special. Mine gets the job done though, gets me to college and back and runs great. I'm not into a lot of speed, although I wish it was quick.

That sounds like a ton of work. Props for doing that. I think I'll leave my bay all dirty and messy. Well, I might clean it but thats it.
Old 08-01-2007, 09:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

A lot of work in deed. Me and my friend knocked it off over a winter (about 5 months.) Id say we put in a total of maybe 2 or 3 full weeks of actual work time (hours wise,) but the time was spent over a 5 month period. A couple of hours a day here, an hour this day, 8 hours the next day, take a couple of days off (catch my drift.) Over all it was worth it!<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Nickboxer7 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Try saying that to a guy with a d15b7 auto setup. Yours is something special. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Lol! Thanks. I guess going from a 17-18 second car (mine in completley stock form) to running low 15's/high 14's is a nice bump and difference from a cheap/low HP motor.
Old 08-01-2007, 10:03 PM

You mind telling me how much you spent total with the complete swap?

BTW, sorry to hijack your thread. I am getting some good info for you from daluv. He posted a pretty good pic too for ya.
Old 08-01-2007, 10:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Engine $500
Tranny $400
Mounts $250
Engine Rear T-bracket $100 new from Acura
Shift linkage $175 (from hasport, I like the way thiers feels compared to using an Integra's shiftlinkage, or fabbed ones from using two different linkages.)
Ecu $50
Distributor $100
Integra Axles $150 for both
B-series Intermediate shalf $40
New plugs and wires $40 (about)
Old 08-01-2007, 10:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Did the swap myself with help of a friend for an extra hand. I do not trust shops with my cars. Seen/heard of too many people taking cars like ours into shops and having parts end up missing or swapped with crapy ones from under thier noses. Plus labor fees are so pricey! These cars are pretty simple to work on.
Old 08-01-2007, 10:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Ill see what I can do with paintbrush, maybe i can take some of my pics and doll them up with pointers to give the origonal poster a basic rundown of what I did to my bay. Give me a couple of days.
Old 08-02-2007, 06:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I was talking about having a stock motor with ac and heat and just trying to tuck the wires with those things still in it, Can it be done?
Old 08-02-2007, 06:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Markb16a)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Markb16a &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I was talking about having a stock motor with ac and heat and just trying to tuck the wires with those things still in it, Can it be done?</TD></TR></TABLE>

I suppose anything's possible...but those freon lines (the hardlines that are right in back of the condensor aren't really much on "movement" - they're much like brake lines. So i don't know about those (the tubes wehre you fill the R12/R134a in)
Old 08-02-2007, 06:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Syndacate)

The lighting wires should still be do-able. And Id imagine that since the A/C only has a few wires going to it, you could just extend them to hide those wires too, just make sure you are careful, patient, and precise when extending the wires. Hiding the A/C hardlines though... I guess if you got enough hard line for the car, you could do it. It would be a real big pain in the aaaanus, but I think it could be done. That would be pretty neat to see, a car that has A/C but the lines for it are hidden.

Quick Reply: 95 civic hatchback wire tucking question