Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

95 civic ex sedan build

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2012, 06:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 95 civic ex sedan build

well very soon, (prob by end of june or july) i will have paid off my car to my dad, and then ill be able to get it registered in my name, but then im gonna buy a pickup and insure that, to save on insurance, and then ill drive less since gas will be more expensive for it...i just found out insurance on a red 95 civic ex sedan is $2700 a year for an 18 yr old male in nj, fml...anywho im gonna tear the civic completely apart before i start building and sell anything im not gonna reuse, so what are some price ideas, and what i could get good money for, the engine has 96k original on it, my fathers the second owner, ill tecnically be the third, what do you think i could get for the motor/trans? (auto)

should i go b or k? i want to turbo either way, goal being around 350hp, maybe more down the line, im thinking either a b18c1, or a k24a2, im not concerned with overall cost since ill have time to get it part by part and slowly build it since ill have another dd,

not sure what else to say write now, but ill update this as the build starts and once i have more to say
Old 05-03-2012, 07:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: 95 civic ex sedan build

big price difference between swapping a b18c and a k24 and alot more work involved. the k24 will not make 350hp without sum sort of FI or serious cams and head work done that will far override the price of adding FI. no sense in starting a build thread until your starting. there is plenty to read through in these threads and post. usually searching Google works easier then the search function on the forum.
Old 05-03-2012, 07:21 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Not concerned about cost, but concerned about insurance cost. Color me confused.

Also, if the truck is any newer than the Civic, don't expect insurance to be any cheaper. You're an 18 year old, single male, and I'd bet you have at least one moving violation on your record. That's all the insurance company needs to know to give you a high premium. There are three major life events that lower a guy's insurance - marriage, age 25, and death. If you really want to save on your insurance, talk to your parents about being put on theirs. You can legally be on their insurance, both vehicle and medical, until you hit 25 in most (if not all) states.

As far as swapping, a K is MUCH more expensive than a B, and also considerably more difficult. Do you have any experience at all turning wrenches? I'd start with a B swap.
Old 05-03-2012, 07:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jbpnoman
Not concerned about cost, but concerned about insurance cost. Color me confused.

Also, if the truck is any newer than the Civic, don't expect insurance to be any cheaper. You're an 18 year old, single male, and I'd bet you have at least one moving violation on your record. That's all the insurance company needs to know to give you a high premium. There are three major life events that lower a guy's insurance - marriage, age 25, and death. If you really want to save on your insurance, talk to your parents about being put on theirs. You can legally be on their insurance, both vehicle and medical, until you hit 25 in most (if not all) states.

As far as swapping, a K is MUCH more expensive than a B, and also considerably more difficult. Do you have any experience at all turning wrenches? I'd start with a B swap.
well for right now i cant afford insurance and the build on it sooooo

im thinking of an early 90s ranger, or f150 or a jeep cherokee

youd have lost your money on that, not a single moving violation in a year of driving...well a bit more then a year, im on my parents insurance, but the thing is when they get pissed off at me which happens alot they can either pull the insurance, or the car, neither of which i want, i know medical i can be as long as im in school other wise i cant, idk about vehicle, and i want the car in my name, so i can do whatever the hell i want to it, since dad wont let me swap a motor or anything since its in his name and his insurance, but i paid for it...i know its more expensive, but its a little different, and since ill have another daily, im thinking why not...then again ill be able to have it done quicker as a b, im also looking for a del sol as a project possibly instead of the sedan, ill see what happens,

just want my car to be legally mine