Notices
Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) EG/EH/EJ/EK/EM1 Discussion

95 civic ex coupe... The beginning.

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2014, 04:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 95 civic ex coupe... The beginning.

Hey guys I'm new here and from what I have read I know this gets asked a lot but I am asking again because all the posts I have seen are pretty old and I want to see if there is any new advice or there.
I recently got a bone stock ex coupe and want to stay fixing it up. It is in incredible condition just needs some regular maintenance stuff due to age. Mostly chassis/suspension. So my plans are to upgrade the suspension with a nice set of coilovers and then the motor. I just don't know where to stay on the motor or if I should go ahead and get a tuner like a s300 so when I do make changes I can compensate for them? This is my daily driver. What do you guys suggest?
Old 05-19-2014, 04:52 PM
I never narc'd on nobody!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: 95 civic ex coupe... The beginning.

FAQs - Frequently Asked (Tech) Questions

Start reading.
Old 05-19-2014, 05:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by NotARacist
Lol. I read those but it doesn't tell me much on that. Also I would like to know what are some good websites for parts. I know jhp, pw:jdm, and procivic.com. Any other suggestions?
Old 05-19-2014, 05:08 PM
The Grumpiest

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by bchurch96
I just don't know where to stay on the motor or if I should go ahead and get a tuner like a s300 so when I do make changes I can compensate for them?
It doesn't answer any of your questions because this ^^^ is just a babbling bunch of nonsense.

And if you read all of that then you're ball faced lying.
Old 05-19-2014, 06:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by grumblemarc
It doesn't answer any of your questions because this ^^^ is just a babbling bunch of nonsense.

And if you read all of that then you're ball faced lying.
I really only open a thread to see what you've said to the OP haha

But yes read the facts. Search old threads. They may be old, but its a 20 year old car. There isnt a ton of new information out there that isnt already covered on this site.
Old 05-19-2014, 06:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 43 Likes on 21 Posts

Lol. I read those but it doesn't tell me much on that. Also I would like to know what are some good websites for parts. I know jhp, pw:jdm, and procivic.com. Any other suggestions?
Me also thinks it's unlikely that much reading has been done. Return to the FAQs sticky at the top. Afterwards, when you have more specific and more well developed questions, then return to this thread.
Old 05-19-2014, 07:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Ok. Let me correct myself. I know I asked a very broad quesion and sort of ambiguous question. So this time I will make it a series of more specific questions. First off... should I buy something like an s300 before I really start upgrading the engine? I know it isn't necessary but I didn't know if it is recommended. And is there anything to gain from getting one on a stock motor?
As far as me not actually reading those I have but I didn't see what I was looking for. If this is beneath you guys to help me with them I'm sorry to waste your time. I thought this was a place where the members would be willing to discuss these things with noobs like me. I left the question vague so you guys could ask me whatever you want to help come to your own conclusion. So instead of doubting somebody and treating them like **** Just remember that one day you were them and weren't such "honda gods". Thank you for anybody that actually wants to help and not act like a pretentious douce bag.
Old 05-19-2014, 08:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 43 Likes on 21 Posts

As far as me not actually reading those I have but I didn't see what I was looking for. If this is beneath you guys to help me with them I'm sorry to waste your time. I thought this was a place where the members would be willing to discuss these things with noobs like me. I left the question vague so you guys could ask me whatever you want to help come to your own conclusion. So instead of doubting somebody and treating them like **** Just remember that one day you were them and weren't such "honda gods". Thank you for anybody that actually wants to help and not act like a pretentious douce bag.
Methinks you're not quite ready to have a thread in this forum and that you are in need of a lot of reading.

Don't come down on members because you are too lazy to make a minimal effort.

One of the most frustrating experiences for regular members is reading threads asking general vague questions that have been addressed countless times before - hence the creation of the FAQs sticky to reduce these types of threads.

Please also visit the Engine Management forum regarding your S300 query.