Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion (https://honda-tech.com/forums/)
-   Honda Civic / Del Sol (1992 - 2000) (https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-civic-del-sol-1992-2000-1/)
-   -   95 civic ex coupe acceleration problem (https://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-civic-del-sol-1992-2000-1/95-civic-ex-coupe-acceleration-problem-3254861/)

rnb2014 07-31-2015 09:10 PM

95 civic ex coupe acceleration problem

Hello all I got a 95 civic ex coupe with a d16z6 engine and automatic transmission I have a problem when I try to accelerate the car will barely even move and when I try to press the gas all the down it still barley moves until it reaches a certain rpm then it drives but right when I ease off the gas it does it again so no matter what it does that and it shifts hard WHEN it does shift.. can anybody help me out with this problem please? Someone said that its the automatic transmission

Seanm36 08-01-2015 09:27 AM

Re: 95 civic ex coupe acceleration problem

"someone" might know what they're talking about...
Do the RPMs climb in neutral like they should? If so it's more than likely a trans issue

rnb2014 08-01-2015 09:31 AM

No the rpms dont climb.. I noticed that my spark plug boots are stuck and wont come out no matter how hard I try and the rubber is starting to ripp off the top from trying to take em off I dont know if maybe that has anything to do with it

Seanm36 08-01-2015 09:33 AM

Is it idling rough or misfiring?

White_EG1 08-01-2015 10:38 AM

I'm gonna tell you like this. Honda auto transmissions of the 92-00 suck. They all slip, hard shifts etc. I had a Ls integra with a auto transmission. It did the same exact thing, and anybody I knew with a auto civic. I drained tranny fluid, did what I could nothing helped. Untill I sold the car because of that spite fact. Any manual 92-00 civic can put down more power than a auto transmission civic. Excluding accords, preludes.

But short answer is, you're gonna need a new transmission/and or torque converter.

Seanm36 08-01-2015 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by White_EG1 (Post 50463416)
I'm gonna tell you like this. Honda auto transmissions of the 92-00 suck. They all slip, hard shifts etc. I had a Ls integra with a auto transmission. It did the same exact thing, and anybody I knew with a auto civic. I drained tranny fluid, did what I could nothing helped. Untill I sold the car because of that spite fact. Any manual 92-00 civic can put down more power than a auto transmission civic. Excluding accords, preludes.

But short answer is, you're gonna need a new transmission/and or torque converter.

True statement although he mentioned that it doesn't climb rpm's in neutral.

White_EG1 08-01-2015 01:23 PM

Just because it doesn't climb rpms in netrual doesn't mean the trans isn't bad. This is why I said and or torque converter.